American Idiot (The Film, Green Lit for HBO)

LaughingClock

45 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

When I mentioned it the first time, I was letting you guys know they were gonna go into rewrites when they got back.

They are and I am not privy to the pre production of that film so you guys are all caught up with me now. In fact, you were a few months ago. :)

Hallelujah it’s not dead then

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Hallelujah it’s not dead then

Not even close.

The musical is quietly becoming one of the most broad musicals in Broadway history. It’s playing in counties and places in counties that aren’t Broadway places.

8 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Not even close.

The musical is quietly becoming one of the most broad musicals in Broadway history. It’s playing in counties and places in counties that aren’t Broadway places.

I know. It causes quite a ruckus when high schools do it, even the edited version. I love this musical.

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It's HLAHG vol. 2

That took eleven years. We’re not that far off from beating the record.

@pacejunkie punk I did see it, and I don’t know whether to take it as a good or bad sign. Sounds to me like there are some issues with making it happen. I mean if it was a done deal, which I thought it was, he wouldn’t be saying they’re “trying”. Am I being too negative? I don’t know. 

25 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

@pacejunkie punk I did see it, and I don’t know whether to take it as a good or bad sign. Sounds to me like there are some issues with making it happen. I mean if it was a done deal, which I thought it was, he wouldn’t be saying they’re “trying”. Am I being too negative? I don’t know. 

You may be right. But my guess is they're in rewrites to modernize it for the trump idiot era without losing the story. Which can take awhile.  "Trying" really could end either way. As I believe Laughing Clock said, it's not really a done deal till it's out. Nor is it off the table till someone decides it is!

At least it's better than "we tried".

Archived