American Idiot (The Film, Green Lit for HBO)

LaughingClock

24 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

This is truly too ridiculous for words. Fun idea, why don't you report me for having a "non-argument" as you described it yourself and I'll report you and whoever else for discussing Billie's personal life (why he is visiting a city etc)  including his kids whereabouts during the holidays because that's obviously relevant to a discussion about the AI movie. 

Reported, and feel free to report me. Kids personal lives, are you kidding me? Jakob is promoting his bands’ shows in Oakland and SF! Yes it’s a HUGE secret that he’s not in New York *sarcasm*. I have every right to give an educated guess as to why Billie is in New York based on current projects, and it goes on all the time on this forum. How many arguments have you started on here? Once it becomes a pattern and people are repeatedly asking you to stop, you need to do some self-reflection. You are the ONLY person on here who continually turns any topic into something unpleasant. You are undoubtedly driving people away because you and you alone cause constant strife. It’s a shame, because you have contributed a lot of good stuff. At this point I feel that the administration needs to do something because you are getting out of control. I know many feel this way.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's all take a step back from internet bickering and enjoy what's left of the holiday season.

So, about that American Idiot movie...

2 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

I know it's 3 weeks away but could an Official announcement be made at the American Idiot Cast Reunion on January 22nd ? 

https://54below.com/events/54-sings-green-day/

This is very cool. Does it include all past cast members? I feel like someone from the band or at least representing the band will be there.

56 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

This is very cool. Does it include all past cast members? I feel like someone from the band or at least representing the band will be there.

Whoever is in New York and is available think it would be impossible to get everyone. 

But hopefully if Michael Mayer or Billie is in NYC they go. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jonas01 said:

Any news on the movie??

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It’s frustrating, because this has been in the works for years and we just get little drips of news here and there. I mean Billie announced that it was a go over a year ago. I just want to know, is it happening or not? @LaughingClock any news from your source close to the band?

If this is being talked as a theater movie then it’s HBO Films and that headquarters isn’t in NY it’s in Burbank in the same area as New Line Cinema and parts of Warner Bros is at 

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

If this is being talked as a theater movie then it’s HBO Films and that headquarters isn’t in NY it’s in Burbank in the same area as New Line Cinema and parts of Warner Bros is at 

That has nothing to do with what I just asked.  ??

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

That has nothing to do with what I just asked.  ??

Did I quote you? No? Then I wasn’t answering your question 

29 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Did I quote you? No? Then I wasn’t answering your question 

It’s just that topic ended weeks ago, so your post came out of left field a little.

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It’s just that topic ended weeks ago, so your post came out of left field a little.

Sorry I don’t read every thread 

• 2 months later...

It’s so confusing because multiple sources are reporting they are working on it, but they use a Billie quote from October of 2016. All I want to know is if it’s still a go.

There’s a lot of movies and tv series that receive a green light and then get stucked for months or even years. Budget, casting, screenplay rewriting, finding locations, any of these and more could be stucked or moving slowly. Until they start filming, if they will ever start, I guess not even Billie can have answers about timing and actual realization of the project. 

Fast forward 30 years, I'm in an old folks home in a rocking chair, gazing out of the window. A kid comes into the room and says "Grandma, the American Idiot movie premieres tomorrow!"  I turn to him and say "Who are you? Why are you calling me Grandma? Where's my dinner?"

6 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Fast forward 30 years, I'm in an old folks home in a rocking chair, gazing out of the window. A kid comes into the room and says "Grandma, the American Idiot movie premieres tomorrow!"  I turn to him and say "Who are you? Why are you calling me Grandma? Where's my dinner?"

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll just be happy if they get it out before Trump is gone as I think it makes a very good point while he’s in office

12 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Worse, your grandson will come to you all excited to say, “I just read the movie is in pre-production! Shouldn’t be long now!” And you’ll just smile to yourself knowingly, recalling a memory from your past...”

😁

47 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll just be happy if they get it out before Trump is gone as I think it makes a very good point while he’s in office

Honestly, it's kinda important they do if they wanna have any momentum in marketing the thing. 

56 minutes ago, Amanda said:

And it will be Billie Joe's future grandson playing the role of St. Jimmy. 

15 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

And it will be Billie Joe's future grandson playing the role of St. Jimmy. 

Nah, Billie Joe doesn't age - he can still play a teenager by the time his future grandson turns 30

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Nah, Billie Joe doesn't age - he can still play a teenager by the time his future grandson turns 30

And he'll still be singing about me, while I'm eating baked custard and farting along to Pink Floyd songs.

26 minutes ago, Amanda said:

And he'll still be singing about me, while I'm eating baked custard and farting along to Pink Floyd songs.

You’re a gem Amanda. I can see why Billie is so obsessed with you 😍

20 hours ago, Amanda said:

WHAT on the end there? I love me some Floyd but is that a British getting old dream? It’s all that vinegar you guys eat. Makes ya crazy. ;) and apparently have musical toots. We say toots in this house. ;)

50 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

WHAT on the end there? I love me some Floyd but is that a British getting old dream? It’s all that vinegar you guys eat. Makes ya crazy. ;) and apparently have musical toots. We say toots in this house. ;)

Come on man. Any updates on IMDB Pro? 😉

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Come on man. Any updates on IMDB Pro? 😉

When I mentioned it the first time, I was letting you guys know they were gonna go into rewrites when they got back.

They are and I am not privy to the pre production of that film so you guys are all caught up with me now. In fact, you were a few months ago. :)

Archived