American Idiot (The Film, Green Lit for HBO)

LaughingClock

Why would she want her husband dead? (And even if she would, wouldn't it be needlessly risky to hire a hitman? He was a drug addict with a history of overdoses. I don't really want to go there, I'm just saying that hiring a hitman to get rid of someone who's likely to die in some other, less suspicious way would be just dumb.)

I admit I don't know much about this whole story, but the conspiracy theory doesn't make much sense to me. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, back to American Idiot the movie. They talked about it a little way back in 2010 during the interviews with Michael Mayer for the musical. Michael was talking about ways in which the movie could differ from a stage musical, ie more scenes illustrating the character’s lives and things you can’t show from a single stage. 

Any dream casting ideas besides LMM?

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Anyway, back to American Idiot the movie. They talked about it a little way back in 2010 during the interviews with Michael Mayer for the musical. Michael was talking about ways in which the movie could differ from a stage musical, ie more scenes illustrating the character’s lives and things you can’t show from a single stage. 

Any dream casting ideas besides LMM?

Frankly, where to begin. Do we have any clue as to the prospective age groups?

7 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Frankly, where to begin. Do we have any clue as to the prospective age groups?

Other than the fact that Billie is following Kate Hudson’s account (and could mean anything or nothing) absolutely no clue.  But let’s assume they want to split the difference and cast a range of actors to be closer in age to St. Jimmy’s apparent age (Billie doesn’t look 45 so lets say mid to late thirties) to blend in.  

• 3 weeks later...

So Billie is in NYC right now. A picture has popped up on Instagram. HBO headquarters are in NYC. I think he’s there about details of the AI movie. He’s not there to visit Jakob because he is home in Oakland. I can’t think of another reason for Billie to be in New York right now right around the craziness of the holidays & New Years Eve.

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

So Billie is in NYC right now. A picture has popped up on Instagram. HBO headquarters are in NYC. I think he’s there about details of the AI movie. He’s not there to visit Jakob because he is home in Oakland. I can’t think of another reason for Billie to be in New York right now right around the craziness of the holidays & New Years Eve.

OMG and the earring is confirmed! It’s a hoop!!!

Also though, isn’t the new manager in NY too? 

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

OMG and the earring is confirmed! It’s a hoop!!

Also though, isn’t the new manager in NY too? 

😂😂😂 about the earring. 

And who is the new management again? I can’t remember. I think HBO is a greater possibility with what @LaughingClock recently told us and knowing that they would have to be pretty far with an album to be flying to NYC to see management. I don’t think he’s there for fun since he was just there for that purpose. Also it’s freaking subzero there right now.

6 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

😂😂😂 about the earring. 

And who is the new management again? I can’t remember. I think HBO is a greater possibility with what @LaughingClock recently told us and knowing that they would have to be pretty far with an album to be flying to NYC to see management. I don’t think he’s there for fun since he was just there for that purpose. Also it’s freaking subzero there right now.

I know it’s so cold, poor Cali boy.  

It’s Jonathan Daniel of Crush Management and they are based in NY.  Even if it is HBO I’m sure his manager would be in charge of any business deals while Billie would handle the creative side.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s Jonathan Daniel of Crush Management and they are based in NY.  Even if it is HBO I’m sure his manager would be in charge of any business deals while Billie would handle the creative side.

Could be both. And if it’s related to the next album or another project, also good news! Just good to know that something is brewing enough for him to fly to New York during this god awful arctic blast. 

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Could be both. And if it’s related to the next album or another project, also good news! Just good to know that something is brewing enough for him to fly to New York during this god awful arctic blast. 

Yeah I wasn’t expecting anything to happen until after the new year so it’s great to see something happening right now (even though we don’t know what)

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If he's cold, he can come back to my apartment to get warm :lol:.

I love when he's in my city. I really do hope it's related to this film! There's not a whole lot else that makes sense unless he just really wants to watch the ball drop and freeze his ass off (pretty much nothing appealing about being here right now).

10 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I can’t think of another reason for Billie to be in New York right now

I really, really hope this is a joke :ermm:

15 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I really, really hope this is a joke :ermm:

Please give us your 1283626 pages long list of reasons why Billie could be in NYC 

Just now, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Please give us your 1283626 pages long list of reasons why Billie could be in NYC 

Please give us your 1283626 pages long list of reasons why you feel entitled to know why he would be in NYC or indeed anywhere else?

4 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Please give us your 1283626 pages long list of reasons why you feel entitled to know why he would be in NYC or indeed anywhere else?

Please give me 1 (one) reason why you think I feel entitled to know where he is also I'd like to know why are you keeping your list away from us. We know you have it. 

Just now, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Please give me 1 (one) reason why you think I feel entitled to know where he is also I'd like to know why are you keeping your list away from us. We know you have it. 

:lol::lol: Oh dear this site :lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

:lol::lol: Oh dear this site :lol::lol:

If you don’t like it I hear the Justin Bieber fan site is looking for members

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If you don’t like it I hear the Justin Bieber fan site is looking for members

Ironically I bet his fans are less pathetic than those posting in here at the minute who feel genuinely entitled to know why the artist they like is in a particular city at a particular time.

22 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

Maybe he is on vacation. 

He's played a number of New Year's Eve parties in NY in recent years, so maybe there will be another one. 

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Ironically I bet his fans are less pathetic than those posting in here at the minute who feel genuinely entitled to know why the artist they like is in a particular city at a particular time.

You've just called yourself pathetic. Thank you.  :wub:

11 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

This is really and truly too ridiculous for me to even respond to. If you continue this uneccesary non-argument , I’m reporting you. End of story.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

This is really and truly too ridiculous for me to even respond to. If you continue this uneccesary non-argument , I’m reporting you. End of story.

This is truly too ridiculous for words. Fun idea, why don't you report me for having a "non-argument" as you described it yourself and I'll report you and whoever else for discussing Billie's personal life (why he is visiting a city etc)  including his kids whereabouts during the holidays because that's obviously relevant to a discussion about the AI movie. 

Archived