God's Favourite Band Missing Tracks?

PeculiarName

God's Favourite Band Track List  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys!

Does anyone else think that more songs from Kerplunk should have ended up on God's Favourite Band? I was super stoked to see "2000 Light Years Away" on the album but I thought for sure that "80" and "Christie Road" would be on there too (especially as "Christie Road" was released as mock-up single along-side "2000 Light Years Away").

Another song that I thought should've have appeared on the album is "Going to Pasalaqua", it would have been nice to see some pre-Kerplunk songs on the album as well.

I was also surprised to see only the one track from Nimrod appear on the Album, ("Hitchin' a Ride") [EDIT: "Good Riddance" is on there too!] I thought "Scattered" may have appeared on there as well as Billie Joe has mentioned in the past that it is his favourite song from Nimrod and it is a incredibly good song in my opinion and maybe even "Nice Guys Finish Last (but that appeared on International Superhits so I guess not). This goes for Insomniac as well where I thought "Jaded" would have accompanied "Brain Stew" as they transition together on the original record.

I know the obvious answer is that the songs that I mentioned didn't make it onto the album as they aren't considered Green Day's 'hits' and there may have been a limit on how many tracks could be on the album but none the less, I still thought they might have appeared.

None the less, I'm super happy to have another Green Day album despite not seeing some of my favourite's but hey, Green Day gave us 'Back in the USA' so I can't complain, and after all they are God's Favourite Band.

(In summary I definitely thought they should have put more songs from Kerplunk on the album. After all it was their first record released together with Tre and they are God's Favourite).

I'm keen to hear your thought's on this too.  Have a great day! :)

green_day_gods_favourite_band.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes! their are so many other songs that they should have had on the record it feels that its very empty 

3 minutes ago, Todd said:

Going to Pasalacqua? 

Yes, I definitely think so! I always feel like pre-Kerplunk is forgotten when it comes to Set lists and Track lists but glad to see Going to Pasalaqua still gets played live (as it is one of my many favourites). There are so many songs I would have put on God's Favourite Band that it would become another trilogy haha.

1 minute ago, PeculiarName said:

Yes, I definitely think so! I always feel like pre-Kerplunk is forgotten when it comes to Set lists and Track lists but glad to see Going to Pasalaqua still gets played live (as it is one of my many favourites). There are so many songs I would have put on God's Favourite Band that it would become another trilogy haha.

i think that why do you want him would be good too, as it kinda was the beginning of all this

5 minutes ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

i think that why do you want him would be good too, as it kinda was the beginning of all this

I completely agree! But I guess we have to consider that it is a greatest hits album.

I have always thought would be cool if Green Day released a compilation album of their personal favourites. That would be sweet to see what they think and would maybe offer a whole new track list in comparison to the fans all time favourites.

I think that they own us a greatest hits compilation but with all the tracks recorded again. That would be an instant cash grabber

1 minute ago, greendepent said:

I think that they own us a greatest hits compilation but with all the tracks recorded again. That would be an instant cash grabber

you are my new best friend! thats what ive been thinking! it would be amazing 

10 minutes ago, greendepent said:

That would be incredible, I know there was a remastered version of Kerplunk that was released in 2007 but that would no where near compare to newly recorded songs. Billie's voice has matured also so it could be a fresh sound as well.

2 hours ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

you are my new best friend! thats what ive been thinking! it would be amazing 

Slow down, skippy, you're going too fast! :lol: JK

2 hours ago, PeculiarName said:

That would be incredible, I know there was a remastered version of Kerplunk that was released in 2007 but that would no where near compare newly recorded songs. Billie's voice has matured also so it could be a fresh sound also.

Remastering usually sucks. Louder songs won't give anything really new. Now if there was some remixing (like 2000 LYA on Jerky Boys soundtrack) that would be ok too 

4 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Slow down, skippy, you're going too fast! :lol: JK

Remastering usually sucks. Louder songs won't give anything really new. Now if there was some remixing (like 2000 LYA on Jerky Boys soundtrack) that would be ok too 

Yes! I wish Jerry Finn had the opportunity to mix the early Green Day records.

Well I think the most noticeable omission is Jesus of Suburbia. I think despite it being a fan favourite, there are reasons why it was omitted though i.e it's 9 mins long and the album's already 75 mins, it wasn't very successful on the charts etc.

But I don't think there should've been any other pre-Dookie tracks. 2000LYA is really the only sort of commericial track from before Dookie that would've done well as a single. It is a Greatest Hits album after all and none of those songs were "hits"

Personally, I think they did a good job at choosing the songs that performed best and were popular among fans. Some people would've got rid of Oh Love but I think there should be something to represent the trilogy and Oh Love, given it was the only single that did well, makes the most sense. Another Insomniac track would've been nice though, whether it be Jaded added onto Brain Stew or just another one of the Insomniac singles.

And by the way, Hitchin' a Ride wasn't the only Nimrod track. Good Riddance was on there too.

I'm impressed that anything from Kerplunk/pre Dookie is on it.....those songs were recorded with dodgy quality when they were teenagers, before they were successful, and none of them are "hits". It's pretty cool that despite that the album opens with a Kerplunk song...I'd be grateful for it :P 

My only criticism is She being on it when it's hardly a hit and every other legit Dookie hit is already there. Would've made more sense to include another hit from Insomniac (Geek Stink Breath would be my preference). And clearly Welcome To Paradise should've been put before Longview so it could count as a half Kerplunk half Dookie song. But otherwise I think it's a pretty well chosen and balanced selection of songs that are hits representing each album.

3 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Well I think the most noticeable omission is Jesus of Suburbia. I think despite it being a fan favourite, there are reasons why it was omitted though i.e it's 9 mins long and the album's already 75 mins, it wasn't very successful on the charts etc.

But I don't think there should've been any other pre-Dookie tracks. 2000LYA is really the only sort of commericial track from before Dookie that would've done well as a single. It is a Greatest Hits album after all and none of those songs were "hits"

Personally, I think they did a good job at choosing the songs that performed best and were popular among fans. Some people would've got rid of Oh Love but I think there should be something to represent the trilogy and Oh Love, given it was the only single that did well, makes the most sense. Another Insomniac track would've been nice though, whether it be Jaded added onto Brain Stew or just another one of the Insomniac singles.

And by the way, Hitchin' a Ride wasn't the only Nimrod track. Good Riddance was on there too.

Yes of course, how could I forget Good Riddance. I guess it is a stand out alongside Ordinary World in comparison to all the others.

I agree with all of the points you've made as well, I was going to mention Jesus of Suburbia but after re-evaluating it's length and success that established why it wasn't on the album.

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm impressed that anything from Kerplunk/pre Dookie is on it.....those songs were recorded with dodgy quality when they were teenagers, before they were successful, and none of them are "hits". It's pretty cool that despite that the album opens with a Kerplunk song...I'd be grateful for it :P 

My only criticism is She being on it when it's hardly a hit and every other legit Dookie hit is already there. Would've made more sense to include another hit from Insomniac (Geek Stink Breath would be my preference). And clearly Welcome To Paradise should've been put before Longview so it could count as a half Kerplunk half Dookie song. But otherwise I think it's a pretty well chosen and balanced selection of songs that are hits representing each album.

I've heard She on the radio dozens of times, but never Geek Stink Breath. 

Well I believe She was a radio-only single so it was kind of limited on what it could do chart-wise. But I think Billie has said that She is his favourite Dookie song so that might be why it's there

I think they should have included the Kerplunk version of WTP instead of 2000LYA and the WTP Dookie version. At least that would come a bit closer to the definition of hits while still including Kerplunk and it’s interesting for casual fans who have never heard it. Remove She and add Geek Stink Breath and Waiting. 

I like the repping for 80 I’m seeing here! :lol: But yeah, I was genuinely surprised when Jaded wasn’t included. Thought it would be a given if they’re putting Brain Stew on there, but oh well. 

4 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

But I think Billie has said that She is his favourite Dookie song so that might be why it's there

Yeah, he said it was his favourite on Howard Stern last year, and that's the only reason I can think of that they would put it on GFB.

4 minutes ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

I like the repping for 80 I’m seeing here! :lol: But yeah, I was genuinely surprised when Jaded wasn’t included. Thought it would be a given if they’re putting Brain Stew on there, but oh well. 

If you listen to the God's Favorite Band playlist on GD's YouTube channel, Jaded is in that since the official video included Brain Stew and Jaded

19 minutes ago, Todd said:

I've heard She on the radio dozens of times, but never Geek Stink Breath. 

It doesn't even have a music video though :P. Of all the Dookie songs on there it's the least worthy of being called a hit, and four songs from one album really would've been enough. It's Dookie overkill. An equal 4 for AI and Dookie and 2 instead of a stingy 1 for Insomniac just would've been more balanced.

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It doesn't even have a music video though :P. Of all the Dookie songs on there it's the least worthy of being called a hit, and four songs from one album really would've been enough. It's Dookie overkill. An equal 4 for AI and Dookie and 2 instead of a stingy 1 for Insomniac just would've been more balanced.

I agree, other than that I think the album's tracklisting is fine

Well, I chose quite a few from the list, but if I had to narrow it down to three, I would say (in this order of importance):

1. Going To Pasalacqua (seriously, why didn't they put this on there, by ommiting it they didn't actually have any song pre Kerplunk)

2. Nice Guys Finish Last

3. X-Kid

I think they should have released a greatest hits with just songs from 2004 - 2017. Also maybe have "I fought the law" and "Working Class Hero" in there. Then release it as stand alone greatest hits and also part of a set with "International Superhits" 

Don't mean to sound like I'm moaning cause I actually like it as it is too. 

Archived