Tour over? Where’s the Forever Now Video? Did they forsake it for Back in the USA?

Tina Sixx

Ok. Tour is over. No longer touring for Rev Rad. Right? What now?

God’s Fav Band comes out and they release a video for Back in the USA. Ok. Cool. I lovvvvve that they’re acting in it and it’s so awesome old skool etc.

But. Big but. But what happened to the release of the Forever Now video? WTF?? And! What is going on  now??

They're complete little bastards who've made/had cool stuff and not put it out many times before (eg the FBHT music videos, hours and hours of awesome show footage) so it wouldn't surprise me much if they thought of doing a Back in the USA video instead and shelved it. Did Billie say they'd made a FN video or just that they were going to make one? Maybe he just mentioned it too early and the plan fell through before it happened.

this kinda reminds me of back in the 90s when they said they were gunna do a video for Prosthetic Head

I think he said either there might or he hoped there would be a FN video, or maybe it was that he thought or hoped Sam Bayer would direct it, either way, it didn’t sound like it was definite to me at the time.

Back In The USA definitely has more radio potential than FN and it's from the newest release.

They either ditched the FN video completely - which seems to be the most likely option - or it will be released later. That would be strange considering the album came out more than a year ago and the tour is already over, but GD have done weirder things that made even less sense in the past, so I wouldn't rule it out. 

I don’t think we’re going to see a video. And I think that GFB is it for the new releases right now because they want to sell it for the holidays. Anything else would draw attention from that. I agree it feels like the RevRad era is over. Maybe they’ll release a DVD in the new year to keep fans happy when things get quiet but otherwise I think they’ll be starting the next album. It kind of has to get quiet for that to happen so I can deal with it if it means another album and tour in a year or so. I don’t want them to be one of those bands that just tours all the time because then there wouldn’t be new music.

2 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

this kinda reminds me of back in the 90s when they said they were gunna do a video for Prosthetic Head

First I've heard of this, and now I'm kinda bummed out. Prosthetic Head is my favorite nimrod track :(

1 hour ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Back In The USA definitely has more radio potential than FN and it's from the newest release.

They either ditched the FN video completely - which seems to be the most likely option - or it will be released later. That would be strange considering the album came out more than a year ago and the tour is already over, but GD have done weirder things that made even less sense in the past, so I wouldn't rule it out. 

Like a release a video in 2017 for a song from 1991?

16 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Weird but wonderful ☺️ I’d like them to clean up and release an entire live show from the Lookout era.

17 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

First I've heard of this, and now I'm kinda bummed out. Prosthetic Head is my favorite nimrod track :(

Same. Prosthetic Head is one of my faves on Nimrod and it's so underrated. :cry:

Oh yeah, good example. 

4 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

That video would have been epic !!!

Like the band playing and tons of Nimrod stickers in the background

15 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Prosthetic Head was officially announced as the 2nd single from Nimrod a couple times- one, when the cd was released and it had the sticker "featuring the hits Hitchin A Ride and Prosthetic Head" and then secondly when they had the live interview on Modern Rock Live and introduced Prosthetic Head as the second single. And then a couple weeks later at a show I attended Prosthetic Head was played during the encore and Good Riddance wasn't played at all.

But within a few weeks of this the pivot to Good Riddance as the single occurred and the rest is history...

They mentioned that they'd love to make a video for Forever Now since it was one of their favorite songs...but I'd speculate that this idea got shelved when someone came up with the idea of putting out God's Favorite Band and then recording the video/ releasing Back in the U.S.A.

I have a question of my own- when was Back in the U.S.A. written/ recorded? I'm guessing it's from the Revolution Radio sessions (and therefore a B Side- but a top shelf one like Maria). But it's such a good song I'm a little surprised and even disappointed it didn't make the album. Does anyone know?

32 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

I have a question of my own- when was Back in the U.S.A. written/ recorded? I'm guessing it's from the Revolution Radio sessions (and therefore a B Side- but a top shelf one like Maria). But it's such a good song I'm a little surprised and even disappointed it didn't make the album. Does anyone know?

Billie said after they got back from Europe after the election-

It also includes a new song called "Back in the USA," which has the lyric "I woke up to a bitter storm." Armstrong said it was written after Green Day returned to the U.S. from a European tour following Donald Trump's presidential election.

"I felt we'd come back to a different America that I was trying to recognize," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/green-day-releases-greatest-hits-album-spanning-30-51224477

2 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Prosthetic Head was officially announced as the 2nd single from Nimrod a couple times- one, when the cd was released and it had the sticker "featuring the hits Hitchin A Ride and Prosthetic Head" and then secondly when they had the live interview on Modern Rock Live and introduced Prosthetic Head as the second single. And then a couple weeks later at a show I attended Prosthetic Head was played during the encore and Good Riddance wasn't played at all.

But within a few weeks of this the pivot to Good Riddance as the single occurred and the rest is history...

They mentioned that they'd love to make a video for Forever Now since it was one of their favorite songs...but I'd speculate that this idea got shelved when someone came up with the idea of putting out God's Favorite Band and then recording the video/ releasing Back in the U.S.A.

It wasn’t from the RR sessions it was recorded Cosa Mesa California at Hurley Studios and Jason White is credited as additional guitarist for the song 

We need at least one more single from Revolution Radio.  Green Day usually give us at least four singles.  Warning technically only had 3, but I consider "Macy's Day Parade" to count so....at least four for every album, Dookie through Breakdown.  and the Trilogy could have possibly done more if circumstances were better, but that was a whole other thing with three albums back to to back, etc.   

I want one more single from Rev Rad.  Don't care which song because they are all amazing, but one with a video.  Then after a short celebration of all that is Gods Favorite Band - on to ALBUM 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just re-listened to the interview with Billie in the summer where he talked about the Forever Now video and he said, quote: "Hopefully we'll be working with Sam Bayer again. We're gonna do a video for the song Forever Now." So it really sounds very vague, maybe it just didn't work out. I wanted to see a FN video so much because I already have a story in my head. I had at least hoped for a lyric video for every RevRad song. It's very unlikely that something like this will happen now that the tour is over, but who knows.... And on the other hand, I love the new video we got. Forget Sam Bayer, take Brendan Walter and Greg Yagolnitzer, the guys who made the BITUSA video, for future projects instead. They did an amazing job.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, WhiteTim said:

It wasn’t from the RR sessions it was recorded Cosa Mesa California at Hurley Studios and Jason White is credited as additional guitarist for the song 

Nice, thanks for that. I assume that was in the liner? I didn't order a physical album, just downloaded the single and the new OW. I'm really happy about that- first of all, I would have wanted it to be on RR as it is too good to be a B side- and secondly, it's just nice to know that it's "new"- it's great seeing that their latest track is so solid. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Montclare said:

Billie said after they got back from Europe after the election-

It also includes a new song called "Back in the USA," which has the lyric "I woke up to a bitter storm." Armstrong said it was written after Green Day returned to the U.S. from a European tour following Donald Trump's presidential election.

"I felt we'd come back to a different America that I was trying to recognize," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/green-day-releases-greatest-hits-album-spanning-30-51224477

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen the interview and while it's brief I absolutely love the content- especially the quote of Billie saying that they have another lifetime of music ahead of them. Doesn't get any better.

6 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

Nice, thanks for that. I assume that was in the liner? I didn't order a physical album, just downloaded the single and the new OW. I'm really happy about that- first of all, I would have wanted it to be on RR as it is too good to be a B side- and secondly, it's just nice to know that it's "new"- it's great seeing that their latest track is so solid. 

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen the interview and while it's brief I absolutely love the content- especially the quote of Billie saying that they have another lifetime of music ahead of them. Doesn't get any better.

Yeah from the booklet I wasn’t going to buy it but had a $10 Best Buy rewards points so used that for the cd 

Archived