Funny Green Day Commercial

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lmao I don't understand how I've never seen that??? Glad you randomly posted it :lol: 

Oh good not just me then? I often think I’m the one late to the party because I’m a new superfan. There’s been a lot to catch up on and I know there’s stuff I haven’t seen. 

This is really funny though I’ve watched it a few times now. “You play the tuba.” 😂

This came out back in 2012 and I remember seeing this on TV. I thought it was nothing until I saw Kevin Hart randomly walk in.

"I just think we should be a little more darker."

Had me laughing for over an hour :D

Of course they used Kevin Hart. The short boys gotta stick together :P

(It probably also helped both of them look less tiny for that wide shot lol)

Haha, I remember the first time I saw this - I was a huge fan of both Kevin Hart and Green Day, so I was wayyyy too happy that they did this.:lol:

16 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

I vaguely remember this, but I think the tuba thing escaped my memory :lol: 

I love the way he struggled to put it together. Clearly he has no idea what he's doing LOL :D

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What does Kevin say at the end after “Stop! Stop!” ?

I think he says "You sound like shit." :lol:

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I think he says "You sound like shit." :lol:

Oh yeah it was bleeped. Now I hear it, it’s “We sound like shit” 😂

They should given Mike a line like, "You can't just come in here." I can imagine him saying that

Anyone notice how Billie was still strumming after he walked in? Priceless.

2 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Trilogy promotion was such a trip.

From Angry Birds to this. :search:

What was the Angry Birds thing?

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What was the Angry Birds thing?

Before the album came out they came up with their own version of Angry Birds (with them as pigs) which featured a snippet of Troublemaker. 

latest?cb=20120824110547

maxresdefault.jpg

Trilogy promotion was cringy imo 

I had forgotten about this.  I think it got lost in the blur of publicity around the Trilogy and then all that happened post iheart.  

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh good not just me then? I often think I’m the one late to the party because I’m a new superfan. There’s been a lot to catch up on and I know there’s stuff I haven’t seen. 

Keep digging, there is tons of stuff out there.  I have been superfan a long time, and still occasionally come across something I've missed, also it's good to keep some stuff on hold, e.g. there has been so much in the last year or so, I have watched hardly any of the live footage on youtube, will save it for a day when I am feeling starved in the coming months. :D

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Before the album came out they came up with their own version of Angry Birds (with them as pigs) which featured a snippet of Troublemaker. 

Trilogy promotion was cringy imo 

Gotta love their Angry Birds characters though!

20 minutes ago, jengd said:

Keep digging, there is tons of stuff out there.  I have been superfan a long time, and still occasionally come across something I've missed, also it's good to keep some stuff on hold, e.g. there has been so much in the last year or so, I have watched hardly any of the live footage on youtube, will save it for a day when I am feeling starved in the coming months. :D

Gotta love their Angry Birds characters though!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I didn't watch almost any live footage from this tour and I left a couple interviews for the dry season too. 

It wasn't that bad actually. But I didn't like how advert-y the trilogy promotion was. They kept it a lot more low-key with revrad and it felt a lot more sincere. It didn't help that an interview with some marketing people working on the records came out at the time. Ffs, let us believe our favorite band isn't just something a corporation is desperately trying to sell. :P

This is brilliant :lol: Promotion for the trilogy was massive. I remember TV-spots (not this one though) over here too. Their omnipresence was kind of nice back then, but some things were definitely over the top. I feel like their promotion department (if they even have one) can only do two things: all or nothing. Something in between would be nice for a change :happyhands:

They were coming off of two Grammy winning albums in a row, so I guess Warners took on the uphill battle of a trilogy and went a little nuts with it anxious to threepeat. That and the overzealous bookings in the first few months may have contributed to their collapse. I’m guessing everyone involved learned their lessons.

Archived