Future Dubai/Abu Dhabi tour leg?

How come Green Day never comes to the Middle East?? I lived there for a few years during high school and it's a beautiful country, especially Dubai. Plenty of music artists play in du Arena, Abu Dhabi. Like Ed Sheeran and the late Amy Winehouse. Never seen Green Day tho. Lol we should sign a petition for this in the future before they plan their next tour.

Who's with me? :lol:

I’ve wondered how they choose what countries they play and I can only assume it is based on where their records have sold and have songs that charted. They would only go somewhere they thought they had an audience and could sell tickets. Do you know what the size of their audience is in Dubai?

I know Billie has said he’d like to play Lebanon (presumably because that’s where Adrienne’s family is from) but maybe they don’t for a similar reason.

They don't choose where they play. Big acts usually accept offers from promoters. It could be that they just aren't that popular in this part of the world. 

So I guess the thing to do is a campaign to your local promoter. If they think there is demand they might try and arrange it for a future tour.

8 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

For @Shahd's sake I say, yes they should definitely do this :D 

Definitely. :woot: I want Shahd to see Green Day whatever it takes. Either they come to Dubai or I'll talk her into flying here. :dry:

Awww you guys are the best :wub:

I would love it if they actually come here :cry:

I don't think they're that popular here though, their songs don't even get played on the radio lol

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, missmiley said:

Pretty massive actually! People love Green Day here!

I must be living under a rock because I lived here my entire life and I haven't met anyone who liked them :( 

Archived