Which Song is Better? Nightlife vs. Ordinary World (ft. Miranda Lambert)

Todd

Which Song is Better? Nightlife vs. Ordinary World (ft. Miranda Lambert)  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nightlife is that kidn of song that's so bad it's good. It's a laugh, i like it :lol:
but OW, was really good in the original version. the new one is uuugh i really try to forget about it 

I like the instrumental to Nightlife, but the lyrics are so hard to make it through that I would probably get embarrassed if someone caught me listening to the song. I enjoy Ordinary World a little more even though I never really cared about that song anyways. 

has it really been long enough that people are saying they like Nightlife now? jesus fucking christ

new OW by far

As a big fan of the original OW, I am really disappointed with how the new version came out. But there are like two moments in the new version that I can at least tolerate, which is something I cannot say about Nightlife. 

So new OW by like a smidge

13 hours ago, concretedream said:

has it really been long enough that people are saying they like Nightlife now? jesus fucking christ

new OW by far

I never really had a problem with Nightlife when I first heard it. It was weird but it was cool to see them trying something new

I despise country and strongly dislike Nightlife. But I view it like this: if my music was on shuffle at a party or something, I wouldn't feel as embarrassed if OW with Miranda Lambert came on as I would Nightlife....I know they were trying something new, but I would be sprinting to my phone to skip the song before Lady Cobra's part started. 

• 2 months later...

How anybody who dislikes Nightlife could possibly think it's better is completely beyond me. The Miranda Lambert rendition of Ordinary World at LEAST had a great track from RevRad as the basis, and Billie sang in this version as well. Nightlife on the other hand.. even BILLIE'S singing in that song is painful to listen to because of a voice filter, on top of the rapping..

On 15/02/2018 at 6:18 AM, Yuri Plisetsky said:

How anybody who dislikes Nightlife could possibly think it's better is completely beyond me. The Miranda Lambert rendition of Ordinary World at LEAST had a great track from RevRad as the basis, and Billie sang in this version as well. Nightlife on the other hand.. even BILLIE'S singing in that song is painful to listen to because of a voice filter, on top of the rapping..

Spot on. Nightlife is just cringey, both rap and chorus

I love nightlife, the lyrics are actually really clever, and I like the sound. A lot of people hate the vocal effects, but I think the distortion really fits the song. And I just love ¡Dos! 

Ordinary World is bland on its own; but the new version... Ick. Hate country; and there's nothing of substance in the song lyrically. Quite repetitive too (or: redunant!).  Billie is a better, more creative, songwriter than OW shows. Nightlife, however showcases his creativity quite well :). Plus, I'm generally a fan of rap, so this works for me.

Anyway. That's my two cents.

10 minutes ago, E X H A U S T E D said:

I love nightlife, the lyrics are actually really clever, and I like the sound. A lot of people hate the vocal effects, but I think the distortion really fits the song. And I just love ¡Dos! 

Ordinary World is bland on its own; but the new version... Ick. Hate country; and there's nothing of substance in the song lyrically. Quite repetitive too (or: redunant!).  Billie is a better, more creative, songwriter than OW shows. Nightlife, however showcases his creativity quite well :). Plus, I'm generally a fan of rap, so this works for me.

Anyway. That's my two cents.

Yeah I agree. Nightlife certainly has some issues but the new OW is probably the most boring thing GD have released to date. And the original OW was pretty boring already, imo.

Despite Nightlife being my username on here, I'm gonna go with Ordinary World. Nightlife is pure cringe to me and while I don't like Ordinary World featuring Miranda Lambert, I do like the original version. I didn't at first. I thought it was way too simple and cheesy, but now I find myself listening to it frequently. 

I like the original OW. It's not mind-blowing or anything, but it's okay. And it sounds beautiful live. However, I find the Miranda Lambert version unlistenable. I just don't like her voice and it does not blend with Billie's at all. It's probably GD's worst song imo.

As for Nightlife, there are a few cringey lyrics, but other than that, I like it. I really don't mind the vocal filters, I think it fits the feel of the song.

36 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

As for Nightlife, there are a few cringey lyrics, but other than that, I like it. 

"hope there's more in your pants than a bus route"; perhaps?:ermm:

I mean, most of the cringey lyrics in Nightlife are from Lady Cobra. None of the lyrics on Billie's verses are outright terrible imo. I actually think they work for the kind of song it is.

Nightlife is one of my favorite songs from the Trilogy. I love when they step outside their comfort zone. I think it is a really fun song. I think they should do it in concert and it is the song that they bring people on stage for. The person on stage does the Lady Cobra part with Billie.

I'm ready, I've been practicing for years.  

4 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

Nightlife is one of my favorite songs from the Trilogy. I love when they step outside their comfort zone. I think it is a really fun song. I think they should do it in concert and it is the song that they bring people on stage for. The person on stage does the Lady Cobra part with Billie.

I'd actually love for them to try that. I think it'd be badass.

29 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

God, imagine it! There'd probably be a few people booing and a few people just really confused. 

9 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

God, imagine it! There'd probably be a few people booing and a few people just really confused. 

They would all be cheering because I would be awesome! 

I love Ordinary World in its original version and even more when played live. I don't hate the version featuring Miranda Lambert, and I don't really dislike her voice with Billie's, but I find the rendition too far from the simplicity and fluidity of the original. This is notably due to them singing together the whole song while doing their own vocal effects. Nightlife, on the other hand, is a song where Billie and Lady Coba each sing their own part, and I find it a very enjoyable song musically and lyrically, so I pick Nightlife over OW version with Miranda Lambert.

Nightlife is a fucking jam. I like the original Ordinary World very much, but Miranda's voice just doesn't sound right with Billie's.

Both are nice. I've always liked Ordinary World a lot, it's a good closer. But Nightlife is definitely my favorite out of the two. I've always loved it, ever since it came out. It only goes to prove their versatility, it's experimental and it's always good to hear something different.

Archived