Which Song is Better? Nightlife vs. Ordinary World (ft. Miranda Lambert)

Todd

Which Song is Better? Nightlife vs. Ordinary World (ft. Miranda Lambert)  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both of these songs feature female guest vocalists, and both songs seem to be generally disliked. Nightlife has been the "joke" since it came out. Is the new version of Ordinary World worthy to take its place? Which do you prefer?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't dislike Ordinary World, it's just boring af. Nightlife isn't exactly exciting by any stretch either, but at least it has an interesting sound and veers of the beaten path. 

To be honest, I like Nightlife - until it gets to the rap section :lol:

And Ordinary World was a great song, till they fucked it up - no'ffense Miranda darling.

In other news: they both have their moments

11 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

And Ordinary World was a great song, till they fucked it up - no'ffense Miranda darling.

I 100% agree with you.  I love OW on it's own, so the half of it without Miranda is still great.  And Nightlife had potential to be a good song, until Lady Cobra appeared.

I truly can't pick.  On one hand, a song that I love taken down a level, and on the other, a song that never reached its true potential.

Tbh, I love Nightlife. It was one of the songs I fell in love with first on the trilogy. :lol:

I actually like Nightlife. Not typical Green Day but still edgy, funky and surprisingly dark like most of the trilogy if you think about the lyrics apart from the poppy sound.  I don’t mind Lady Cobra, her part just adds color and mood and makes the song a bit of a dialogue which is interesting.

OW was written for a character to sing in a movie and was intentionally “dumbed down” to be the sort of thing a Perry Miller would write, not a Billie Joe Armstrong. For that reason it’s ridiculously simple and after a few listens there was nothing more I could get out of it and I was done. This new recording adds nothing but a mediocre harmony and country twang which I loathe. I can listen to Nightlife just fine with no need to skip. This I’m done. Skip.

2 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Exactly this.   

If I lived the rest of my life without ever hearing that OW version again I...

...wouldn't be missing out on ANYTHING. It'd be a perfectly content existence.

Finally Nightlife's time to shine :lol:

I really like Nightlife, GD with rap is my dream come true and I think Lady Cobra's sultry vocals and Billie's drawling chorus go well together.

The new Ordinary World? Hmm, it comes off sounding quite lifeless and flat, and country isn't a sound I love.

I don't like either :lol:

The thing is, I don't really like the original Ordinary World to like the one featuring Miranda Lambert, but if I have to choose I'll choose it over Nightlife because that songs annoys me.

I'm choosing Nightlife because I'd choose it over either version of OW. I don't HATE Nightlife like a lot of people, I just see it as an experiment that didn't quite work. But I believe they made a genuine attempt at it and I respect that. I don't love the rap part either but let's just be happy Billie didn't attempt to rap :lol:

I also really like "Nightlife" (actually) and I really love the original "Ordinary World", the alternate version is unnecessary in my opinion though.

17 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm choosing Nightlife because I'd choose it over either version of OW. I don't HATE Nightlife like a lot of people, I just see it as an experiment that didn't quite work. But I believe they made a genuine attempt at it and I respect that. I don't love the rap part either but let's just be happy Billie didn't attempt to rap :lol:

Billie should have! >:( 

Oh my god, Nightlife should never have seen the light of day. I agree, the original version of OW is better than the one with Miranda Lambert but I think there is no Green Day song that I like less than Nightlife :ermm:. It's just not good. And I'm not saying this because it's experimental but because I think that it is generally a very weak (and cringeworthy) song. 

Nightlife. It was different, unique, fit the album's theme and I actually like it. The new Ordinary World is a song they've already released with a vocalist I don't care about added :P 

Nightlife hands down is the better song. "Ordinary World" is too bland, it even has the word Ordinary in its title. It's like the title is warning you before you listen to it that this is the most ordinary mundane song ever, that now features Miranda Lambert.

2 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Billie should have! >:( 

If only he'd carried this on longer :D 

I think Nightlife is probably the most misunderstood Green Day song. The lyrics are actually very interesting if you read between the lines and see the metaphors behind it. It's experimental and I like how dark it is. Not one of my favorites, but it's the better song than OW.

I love the way Billie sings the line, “My little Angel of Death is my Nightlife”  It’s so fucked up. 

I definitely prefer Nightlife. Honestly, I prefer Nightlife over the original version of OW too. OW just isn't an interesting song to me, if I listen to RevRad I'll either stop after Forever Now or I'll just let OW play without really paying any attention to it. Nightlife, while not one of my favourite GD songs is much more interesting and fun to listen to.

Nightlife is better. The original Ordinary World is great, Miranda's vocals on the new version just don't sound good. I had high hopes for this collaboration too after their performance together a few years back. I actually think Nightlife is a good song. Oddly enough Billie's parts are the only parts of the song that I don't like, I just really hate that vocal filter on his voice. 

100% Nightlife. Ordinary World is awful and I like a bit of country but I have an irrational hatred of the new version.

I like Nightlife. It's kinda funky and fun, but dark at the same time. There are a few cringy lyrics, but it's just an overall fun song that makes me want to dance.:dance:

I like the original version of OW, but the new version just completely ruined it, so for that reason, I voted for Nightlife.

9 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

let's just be happy Billie didn't attempt to rap :lol:

Imagine Billie rapping though.:lol::lol::lol: He'd be like one of those embarrassing dads that rap about being a dad and then put it on Youtube.:lol:

Archived