'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

I first watched the video less than an hour after it was posted on Youtube, and after that I put the audio on my phone and listened to it only a few hundred times in a few days, literally. (Why did I spontaneously write only? :P)

I think the video contributed to my love of this song, but in the end I've listened to the song on its own far more than I've watched the video (I'e watched it maybe 50 times :wub:). it's hard to believe it lasts less than 3 minutes! I love the video a lot. Many things happen in it, it's pure punk rock and, to my sense, very relatable in a general way. It's completely Green Day. "Political" or social lyrics can suddenly sound very personal, deep, and mysterious when you try to think of how you could explain it; but it doesn't need to be explained. Whenever you feel it, it fills you with energy, joy, passion, that's more you could hope for (I'm the one saying that, when I was waiting - and still am - for a Forever Now video!! :D).

I'm very happy of the feeling this new song gives me. Rage and love have never felt stronger, the boys as well. I have a very good feeling about what's coming next, whatever that will be. I have moved on from some stuff and this song is perfect for me right now. I particularly love 'Tonight, it's the heroes's welcome home, and there's no place else to go, and I'll take to the grave." Man, dig that! But really, every line is genius. 

And yeah, Billie is so hawt when spitting coffee, singing "heroes" :wub:, and in his look when playing at the end, got to say it here since it's the dedicated thread for the video! 

On 17/11/2017 at 12:37 PM, herewegoagain said:

Remember this summer when we were (well, I was) fangirling over Billie's "punch a nazi" speeches and hoping he'd be inspired to write some kickass topical music? It's happening now :wub:

I remember that, and I was fangirling very hard at that as well, I've even had dreams about it - the latest not earlier than last night! :wub:

On 17/11/2017 at 5:44 PM, Hermione said:

Every time someone writes BITUSA I read it like a word, "bitusa". The title isn't even that long and I don't like it :P 

Liking the video more and more, it's really good. The video > the song.

The video is great but the song too, hell. :wub:

In French, "bite" means "dick", and I made a screenshot of Billie when he picks up the newspaper just before spitting coffee and named it "bitusa1", I brought it at work just in case, it made me feel awkward,, but it just makes it better! 

On 17/11/2017 at 6:45 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Cool now maybe you’ll stay. This release has livened up the forum that’s for sure.

I know and that has over 600k views. What is wrong with people? I’m not the least bit curious to s alee that. Who gives a shit?

I've come to the point where I think : who gives a a shit if a lot of people don't care about Green Day? People I know don't in general. When they begin to care for some reason, well it doesn't change what makes me love Green Day. In any case, it can still be great to get along with people who don't care about Green Day, while I love Green Day to death more and more every day. Green Day helps to care about people and have people to care about you. And people who take "God's favorite band" like an ironic thing are just ignorant, because in real, it's so true! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the USA has reached 5 million views on YouTube after almost 3 weeks. Not bad

4 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Back in the USA has reached 5 million views on YouTube after almost 3 weeks. Not bad

Some of those views are mine for sure, I can’t stop watching it.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You and me both, I love it, watching three/four times a day still.  It’s playing on satellite TV now too!

I'm so pleased that the video is getting a load of hits- it's one of their best videos and it's such a good song! I'm glad they put a video out for this song rather than belatedly doing a video for a Rev Rad song. 

I even heard BITUSA on the radio (UK), never heard Bang, Bang nor anything else from Revrad far as I remember.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, jengd said:

I even heard BITUSA on the radio (UK), never heard Bang, Bang nor anything else from Revrad far as I remember.

Awesome!  I head BANG BANG and Still Breathing a lot when they first came out but not lately.  And Revolution Radio....not at all. 

They should release Ordinary World as a single - either version.   Then Gods Favorite Band will really be all hits....except for 2000 Light Years Away.  Heck, release that too.  What harm could it do?  

I'm FINALLY listening to Back in the USA and watching the video for the first time. The song is pretty good, but the video is absolutely perfect. I felt like I was back in middle school, falling in love with Green Day all over again. Without question, the best video in years. That's the Green Day I love! :wub:

21 hours ago, Haushinka! said:

I'm FINALLY listening to Back in the USA and watching the video for the first time. The song is pretty good, but the video is absolutely perfect. I felt like I was back in middle school, falling in love with Green Day all over again. Without question, the best video in years. That's the Green Day I love! :wub:

It feels weird hearing the song without the video now.   

On 12/5/2017 at 1:41 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Same!   :wub:

On 12/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, jengd said:

Haven't heard BITUSA on the radio yet but I used to hear Bang Bang and Still Breathing when they were first released.

• 1 year later...

Was browsing YouTube and came across this video and just remembered how much I loved the music video and the song.

Not sure how likely it is, but would really love to see the guys perform this song on the Hella Mega Tour!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 12:10 PM, blueshadows said:

Was browsing YouTube and came across this video and just remembered how much I loved the music video and the song.

Not sure how likely it is, but would really love to see the guys perform this song on the Hella Mega Tour!

non-album tracks are doomed to never, ever ever ever ever get played.   

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

non-album tracks are doomed to never, ever ever ever ever get played.   

Not true, they played Maria a lot on two tours. (And they play JAR all the time)

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not true, they played Maria a lot on two tours. (And they play JAR all the time)

Yeah, I thought of Maria right after posting.  Correction, MOST non album songs are doomed to never hit the stage.  

Archived