'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I watch it, my eyes go straight to the poop.  There's a perfectly good dog there; why do I keep looking at poop?

"My eyes are actually way bigger. Many, many people talk all the time about how huge they are. Huge. And did you see how gross my face looked? It's much grosser, believe me." <= actually how he talks

So glad they made this video. The song is awesome, but the video is a good reminder that many of us get it. Trump is one sick, twisted dude. And I am proud my favorite band, who I happen to know is made up of A+ people, called him out on it.

4 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Every time I watch it, my eyes go straight to the poop.  There's a perfectly good dog there; why do I keep looking at poop?

GDC has brainwashed you - its all about SHIT:D

Anyone else pause it on the news paper?  Some really great lines on there:

"the government is keeping you safe"  

"America is great again" 

"everything is fine - America is Number One!"  

Haha.  I love this song and this video.  I hope that it and "Ordinary World" actually become the hits that they deserve to be. 

Is it cheating if I periodically throughout the day put the video on and turn the sound off on my computer just to increase plays? I do this after listening like 2-3 times first of course but they deserve a few extra, haha. 

This video makes me feel all warm and fuzzy even though it's about a serious topic. It just feels reassuring like Green Day are here to save the day and make us all feel good again and like it's gonna be okay. Even if that's not how it actually works, I'm grateful for their efforts to be even a small part of the resistance against the current administration. It's like if your whole family is bat shit crazy but you've got that one uncle who gets it and has your back. I'm gettin' all emotional....:cry::happyhands: 

6 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Is it cheating if I periodically throughout the day put the video on and turn the sound off on my computer just to increase plays? I do this after listening like 2-3 times first of course but they deserve a few extra, haha. 

I'm doing this too, except with the sound on the whole time - got lyrics to memorise :ga: 

11 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I've been doing this constantly for the past 2 days.:lol: Nothing wrong with wanting to support our guys.:D

9 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I've been doing this constantly for the past 2 days.:lol: Nothing wrong with wanting to support our guys.:D

We’re the true fans. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve watched it and thankfully I’m not just being supportive it’s actually that good. These guys are my new favorite directors. Sam, you’re fired. :lol:

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We’re the true fans. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve watched it and thankfully I’m not just being supportive it’s actually that good. These guys are my new favorite directors. Sam, you’re fired. :lol:

Ikr, I can't even believe how good it is. I wasn't originally expecting much from a video for a track on a greatest hits album, but this is practically perfection.:wub: I'm totally entranced by it. I must've watched it close to 200 times already - and it just seems to get better the more I watch it too.:lol: This is one of the reasons why I'm proud to call GD my favourite band.:wub:

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

This is one of the reasons why I'm proud to call GD my favourite band.:wub:

God: “Same!” 😁

7 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

I'm doing this too, except with the sound on the whole time - got lyrics to memorise :ga: 

Haha, that's dedication. I'm trying to not get sick of it too fast. 2-3 times with sound once or twice a day is already a lot, haha. 

48 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Haha, that's dedication. I'm trying to not get sick of it too fast. 2-3 times with sound once or twice a day is already a lot, haha. 

Yeah, it's kind of a terrible habit I have with new GD songs. Know Your Enemy was on repeat for weeks, as was Oh Love and Bang Bang when they were released :lol: 

19 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Yeah, it's kind of a terrible habit I have with new GD songs. Know Your Enemy was on repeat for weeks, as was Oh Love and Bang Bang when they were released :lol: 

And it doesn’t help that nearly every song he writes is a fucking earworm. Even when I’m not playing I’m still hearing it in my head. :runaround:

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And it doesn’t help that nearly every song he writes is a fucking earworm. Even when I’m not playing I’m still hearing it in my head. :runaround:

Asshole knows it too :dry:

I can't stop watching the video either! I know I'll end up being sick of it- but it's so addictive to watch and listen to I can't stop myself! Every time I try to watch it just the once I inevitably watch it 3/4 times. I freakin' love this song and video so much! 

Glad I'm not alone in watching it (and listening on the spotify) a stupid amount of times :D I have to stop myself once in a while wondering if I'm just biased to the moon and back but it really is a fucking great video.

It's such a perfect mixture of visually good looking, funny and with a message but there are so many funny little details. Like the random person in the background half assed waving along with Tré (seriously what the fuck), the dog shit, and the ominous toppled tricycle on Mike's lawn, and I'm sure this is music video editing 101 but I especially love the way Billie's "hello" syncs with the first line of the song, Tré's combover and exaggerated "acting" faces, the striped AND mismatched socks and the FAKE NEWS on the second morning, I see the flag pins as showing they're not being unpatriotic like a lot of people accuse them of, and of course the cheeky go away at the end. It's just really well executed and so them. Not to mention it does what a music video is supposed to: present and carry the song. I already loved it after two hours of intense spotifying but the video exceeded any expectations I might've had and magnified it tenfold. It seems to be getting them some decent promo as well.

Ah yeah, this the right thread technically. Should have posted it here I guess, oh well. Great video btw! It’s kind of interesting hearing Billie and the others talk, I assumed they were talking and not just miming, but I couldn’t know for sure!

I love how many happy surprises we've gotten over the past week.  First the video, now this.  :)

Yesss! Oh my god hearing what Billie was saying while acting it out is hilarious :lol: 

15 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Can anyone tell what Billie says as he's closing the front door?

I just listened to it like 20 times and I can't make it out, it's so annoying. "(something)-fucking-(something)" possibly? Who can work it out?

Archived