'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

Who is the actress that plays Billie's wife in the video? She looks so familiar but I can't place her. :lol: 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

huh, that's interesting. I need to check that movie out now. it really reminded me of the movie Pleasantville, ya'know where they slip in new ideas to people and they start to experience the world in color

4 hours ago, CarnageXB said:

The video kinda reminds me of the movie "they live". They guy is the movie has sunglasses that can see the world for what it truly is. In fact theres a few nods to that movie in this video.

Yes, the video's concept is based off of John Carpenter's "They Live." A few articles have noted this as being a purposeful homage.

5 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

@desertrose He'll only resign if he sees it. I already said this in the thread on the whole release but we ought to send it to him. I already did but it's going to take a lot more people I think. 

I like the the idea! Let’s all send the video to Trump, maybe we can get a tweet out of this guy together. 

This video must win an award, it’s so good 💚

4 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I like the the idea! Let’s all send the video to Trump, maybe we can get a tweet out of this guy together. 

Honestly, it would be HUGE free publicity for them if he did AND have the added benefit of knowing they got to him. It would be better than Christmas morning. 

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

Honestly, it would be HUGE free publicity for them if he did AND have the added benefit of knowing they got to him. It would be better than Christmas morning. 

Just tweeted it to him :whistle

I was waiting until I had time to watch/listen properly but there were spoilers all over my social media, so I've just gone ahead and watched it now. I love it! I just wrote my dissertation along the lines of the video's theme so it's my kind of thing. Maybe I can incorporate it into some academic work when I do my Master's :lol: 

This song makes me so hopeful for the future! Holy shit, so dynamic and simple... AND AMAZING VIDEO.

56 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I hope they put out a 'making of' video for the back in the USA video 

Same..although I hope it wouldn't just be a 2 minute thing with little clips with music in the background and almost no talking as they've been known to do recently :P. A full proper making of would be great to see for this.

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Same..although I hope it wouldn't just be a 2 minute thing with little clips with music in the background and almost no talking as they've been known to do recently :P. A full proper making of would be great to see for this.

It would be longer than the video itself 😄

4 minutes ago, Giusey said:

For some reason they should have just called him Bill for the suburban thingy.

Naw, I don’t care who calls him that, he’s not a Bill. And Billie is such a 50’s all American sounding name.

so i signed out on youtube and right now Back in the USA is trending @ 15 with ~750k views BUT its a few spots above bob saget, above deadpool, but below paramore & a colbert clip

7 hours ago, Thatsername said:

It either needs a VMA nomination, or a Grammy Performance in my personal opinion.

I hope it happens!!

I'm surprised they didn't cover up their tattoos for the 'American Dream' versions of themselves, then run out on stage with them after they pushed zombie Trump off :lol: it would have been a nice detail to show how society treats people with body-altering appearances like piercings and colored hair. 

1 hour ago, Giusey said:

You can't delete a post yourself, but it's fine to just edit it to say "nevermind" or "delete this" or "." or whatever and when a mod sees it they'll delete it :) 

It seems like it's doing pretty well on YouTube, considering it's Green Day and not Taylor Seift. It's still hanging on in trending

On 11/17/2017 at 1:02 PM, Josh100_3 said:

Seriously everyone, make sure you give 'They Live' (or any john Carpenter film for that matter) a watch!

Seeing my favourite band collide with one of my favourite movies was quite a trip!

That alleyway fight scene in this flick is just hilarious.

25 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Almost 1million views on YouTube already. The video seems to be getting a good amount of hits.

Not gonna lie, most of those views are probably from me.:lol:

Seriously though, this video is so fucking good. Even my mam likes it.

8 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I hope they put out a 'making of' video for the back in the USA video 

Hot dam - I love you avatar pic:)

1 million views on YouTube now. That's was pretty quick. Noel Gallagher released a song on YouTube the same day that has only 140k views

On 11/17/2017 at 6:02 AM, Josh100_3 said:

Seriously everyone, make sure you give 'They Live' (or any john Carpenter film for that matter) a watch!

Seeing my favourite band collide with one of my favourite movies was quite a trip!

The best (and most ridiculous) fight scene in any movie.

Back in the USA is now the second most searched item in Youtube's autofill when you search for Green Day. Lotsa people watching today :ga: 

Archived