Happy 5th Birthday ¡Dos!

Tina Sixx

Happy birthday, ¡Dos!

🎂 🍰 💚🎉

I’ve been thinking.... there’s a lot of Foxboro-Hot-Tubs-ey-ness on these trilogy records and I loveeeeee ¡Quattro! and the process of the trilogy etc.... maybe FBHT could do something like that. Green Day is the monster that Green Day is. Foxboro Hot Tubs = reckless fun awesomeness.... I would love FBHT to put out a record really fast/no over-thinking/raw writing/songs with a little club tour and a movie and all that. Small clubs. Really small clubs. Tall order. Eff I love the trilogy and FBHT. Green Day is touring RevRad right now. It’s a great record. Really concise/I wish there was more more more of the fun stuff. Bouncing Off the Wall is pretty fun. Foxboro-ish-y. ¡Dos!-ey-ish. But ya the concerts are 3 hours already.... they have so much good stuff to play! 

nBVVjQC.jpg

Happy birthday Dos! An underrated album and probably my favourite trilogy album atm

Listening to the vinyl now. I never really listened to these on vinyl  much cuz I always had the trilogy on cd in my car. I feel like the production of the trilogy worked best on Dos, the guitar sounds are fitting for these songs where I feel like Uno could have used a heavier sound for some songs. I also think that Dos works best as an album. I like a lot of songs on Uno and Tre better than most from Dos, but I like most of Dos better than a lot of songs I don't like on the other 2 albums haha. sorry if that sounds odd but it makes sense in my head! When they announced the trilogy and described Dos as the party album I thought that it was gunna be the best of the 3 albums

Happy birthday! 

The trilogy is their weakest work in years if you ask me. I think I like almost every other GD album better than Uno, Dos and Tré. However, Dos is probably my favourite of the three. Some songs on there are seriously awesome and deserve more attention. Because even if I find the trilogy rather weak compared to their other records, there's still a lot about it that I enjoy. 

Happy Birthday! Lazy Bones has become one of my favorite Green Day songs. Stop When the Red Lights Flash and Stray Heart were amazing live. But other than that, I must confess that I hardly listen to Dos songs. Only when I'm in a very special mood.

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Love Dos, it’s dirty, it’s sexy, it’s wild 😜, very FBHT! :lol:

This :D

I love it, from the boldness of opening with See You Tonight/Fuck Time, to the sexy songs, to the psychedelic songs, to the dark songs. And of course the rap song! Fave trilogy album.

The Stray Heart video is totally great too, I love the little heart man :happy: 

13 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The Stray Heart video is totally great too, I love the little heart man :happy: 

One of my least fave tracks from Dos and this little guy freaks me out a little!

Archived