The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

4 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

I would never think of calling Billie dad or daddy either, not because he's too young to be my dad (while he's a lot younger than my actual dad, I'm about Joey's age...), but simply because it's not at all the way I feel about him. So I do find it weird, but I won't go to saying it's horrible if someone calls him dad; because I can't judge something I don't really understand, and also because people calling him that way (who are probably around my age at the very most, so very young) perhaps don't feel comfortable with another way of expressing their love for Billie (who is often around their real dad's age); at least I can imagine things that way. And very young people can evolve a lot in their ways of feeling, all kinds o feelings, I know that by heart. Those calling Billie dad today probably don't get the "horrifying" feeling others can get from it.

I think there's a difference with dad vs daddy. Like when kids call him dad because he's genuinely around the age of their parents and they look up to him as a father-type figure, I totally get that. But the sexualized version of either word, no thanks. Like I don't ever want to think of my dad and Billie Joe in the same thought. 

2 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I think there's a difference with dad vs daddy. Like when kids call him dad because he's genuinely around the age of their parents and they look up to him as a father-type figure, I totally get that. But the sexualized version of either word, no thanks. Like I don't ever want to think of my dad and Billie Joe in the same thought. 

EWW EWW EWWWWW!

It's unsettling enough when fans call Billie and Adrienne "dad" and "mom" or comment "adopt me" on EVERYTHING THEY POST... but the  sexualized "Daddy" really skeeves me out.

I don't even want to think how it feels to read that about yourself.

• Like 1

He looks SO good in that recent video. Those eyes:wub: I love that his eyes seem to have different colors depending on the light situation. In that pic @RedundantIdiot posted they almost look grey, sometimes they seem to be light green and sometimes green-brownish. It's magic and I love it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

He looks SO good in that recent video. Those eyes:wub: I love that his eyes seem to have different colors depending on the light situation. In that pic @RedundantIdiot posted they almost look grey, sometimes they seem to be light green and sometimes green-brownish. It's magic and I love it.

It's always amazed me how his eyes look different colours. Either way, they're beautiful.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Have you guys seen the video that this gorgeous picture comes from? :wub: I love the little curl at the front :wub::wub:

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The thread with the video is here:

We did mention a bit Billie and Adie showing up on Instagram just a little above here, while it was already posted in the Instagram thread :P and while I've also seen the thread dedicated for this new video, I think the Billie that appears in it is totally fangirl worthy:

The hair, so curly, and they've grown quite quickly! I'm only starting to wish he would let them partially undyed, I somehow miss the bits of white we'e seen on the sides last month!  These eyes he keeps rolling like green marbles, and that overall cuteness! That video made me really happy today! :wub:

• Like 2

I really really love his hair in that video. His curls.:wub: And I love it when I can see his gorgeous little ears.

It's nice to hear his voice again too. It's even sexier than I remembered.:wub:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“Why am I selling this again?”

”The Dirty Bassmans!”

I love when he laughs 💚

I thought it was "The Dirty Basements" :lol: His reaction to the name though :wub:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heathenchemist said:

I thought it was "The Dirty Basements" :lol: His reaction to the name though :wub:

Yeah I don’t know exactly what it was. 

Yes, didn’t Billie and Bill both get excited about a band called the bassmen! That little curl is adorable, I love his crazy hair.  His eyes are amazing. 💕

53 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I love how non-threatening and cute his talking voice sounds compared to how sexy and dangerous his on stage ranting voice sounds. It's good to have both. And yeah, loving his singing voice is a given.

Watching that video I can imagine just hanging out with him talking about music like I would with anyone. But then his stage persona is so completely different it’s hard to believe they’re the same person.

• Like 1

I find Billie's special big on stage voice more funny than sexy :lol:. I mean he's sexy on stage but when he does the full on loud growly announcement voice it's amusing to me, I still remember thinking wtf the first time I saw GD concert footage and he did it. But his singing and regular speaking voices more than make up for it in the sexy department :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not just his voice though it’s his whole persona that changes when he’s performing or in public. It’s like he transforms into a superhero and becomes larger than life. This is Clark Kent Billie and then there’s SuperBillie 😄

Spot on, right down to the glasses! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Haha, it's true, though I feel like I see enough of a crossover to connect the two. Or maybe my brain just chooses to make the crossover because I wouldn't want one side of him without the other! His stage persona is so goofy but also feels a bit dangerous or wild. And his everyday persona is so non-threatening, sweet and a bit dorky. I like the bad boy/cute little puppy combo that is both sides of him together :)

Agreed. I don't think I could have one side of him without the other - it just wouldn't be Billie. He is the perfect balance of bad boy and absolute sweetheart, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Agreed. I don't think I could have one side of him without the other - it just wouldn't be Billie. He is the perfect balance of bad boy and absolute sweetheart, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I think this is why I didn't dig OW the movie, haha. Too much of one side without the other. Though I don't want to oversimplify his stage persona as just the bad boy aspect because it also reflects his drive, his confidence, and his skills. <<all of which are sexy even before we take his gorgeous looks into account :wub:

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread