The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

15 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I agree. That's a hard lifestyle to keep a marriage together with for sure. Especially if you've also got kids and so you can't both just drop everything and go on the road all the time, which means more time apart. Add in the fact that, as wonderful and awesome as he is, his inner demons would be hard for anyone to handle. It's easy for someone on the outside to say they could but it's not just could you it's also WOULD you? It'd be pretty easy to decide at some point it wasn't worth it anymore. So yeah, her loyalty and the work she's put in is impressive. Though, to give Billie some credit, he had to be putting in some work too or I honestly think she would have left. If he had just become a deadbeat dude I don't think she would've had a reason to stay. 

That’s true. Like any marriage it took work on both their parts. I like how he put it last year in a South American interview I saw that they still have their problems but their have their solutions too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

He had his arms around her during SWMRS set last night and was smiling ear to ear. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen and felt so good to see him that happy.

It makes me very happy to hear that. Just curious, where were they during all the bands? Were they in the madness in the pit, or up in the seats, or what? I’m glad to hear Billie wasn’t swarmed, but was it because he was out of view, people didn’t recognize him, or everyone was just being polite?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s true. Like any marriage it took work on both their parts. I like how he put it last year in a South American interview I saw that they still have their problems but their have their solutions too.

I haven't seen that interview. Do you recall where it was? 

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

It makes me very happy to hear that. Just curious, where were they during all the bands? Were they in the madness in the pit, or up in the seats, or what? I’m glad to hear Billie wasn’t swarmed, but was it because he was out of view, people didn’t recognize him, or everyone was just being polite?

I  could see 80 for most of the night but didn't find Billie until after the Interrupters. I assume he was in the same general area as 80 but further from the railing. She was also side stage for a bit. When I finally saw Billie he was also in VIP on the side she was on. Then during SWMRS they were on the other side of the venue but still in VIP. I think he was there for the whole set. He only disappeared for a few minutes at one point but I never saw him in the crowd. I think he just managed to avoid being in GA at any point in the night which is probably why there's only like one fan picture (that we know of). It was probably someone who paid to be in VIP or got VIP through some connection to the venue/bands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m shocked I found it again so easily but here it is. The audio is a bit out of sync but the relevant bit starts around 13:00. Enjoy the old teeth 😁

And I’d like to add to the secrets of a successful rock and roll marriage discussion that it sure doesn’t hurt if your partner writes about a dozen love songs for you. 😊

Billie's expression at 2:03. :wub:

• Love 3

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Have you looked at him? How long could you stay angry at that face? He’s always had a face that could get away with murder 😄

True. :lol: He might also have a very good personality, but that face definitely helps! 

10 hours ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Makes me wonder what about him makes it worthwhile. He can't be such a bad husband either :P

I’m sure he has moments ;)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m shocked I found it again so easily but here it is. The audio is a bit out of sync but the relevant bit starts around 13:00. Enjoy the old teeth 😁

And I’d like to add to the secrets of a successful rock and roll marriage discussion that it sure doesn’t hurt if your partner writes about a dozen love songs for you. 😊

Great interview, thanks for sharing.

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay what the heck is that sticking out from his other ear now, the lunatic?! 😱

You mean that black thing, don't you? Or does that glittery golden thing belong to it, too? He must be really bored right now, hopefully they'll get back in the studio before he decides to have 56 stars tattooed on his face or something:

(3:58)

His face is too beautiful for shit like that :wub:

Also, anytime I want to write "like", my phone corrects it to "Mike" :lol: I love it!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^ I’m mean that glittery piece of bling. Wtf?

I think that's the background but we can never be sure unless there's a better picture of his right ear. In the end it's his decision but I hope it isn't another earring because I think that earrings on both sides - even if they are different types - look stupid on men.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay what the heck is that sticking out from his other ear now, the lunatic?! 😱

I think that's the background. Also I really don't think that photo is from NY. I think it's from the South American tour. Reasons being a) he was wearing a beanie in NY the night of the show so seems unlikely he'd be wearing this hat while taking a photo with a fan. b) No one in the photo, including him, is wearing winter clothes (coat, hat, etc) and it was pretty damn cold that night, c) that's not what the barricade/barricade set up looked like outside the venue and I imagine he's not staying at a hotel so not sure where else it would be.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I think that's the background. Also I really don't think that photo is from NY. I think it's from the South American tour. Reasons being a) he was wearing a beanie in NY the night of the show so seems unlikely he'd be wearing this hat while taking a photo with a fan. b) No one in the photo, including him, is wearing winter clothes (coat, hat, etc) and it was pretty damn cold that night, c) that's not what the barricade/barricade set up looked like outside the venue and I imagine he's not staying at a hotel so not sure where else it would be.

That’d be a relief and that site is often wrong but usually they just don’t source. This time they said it was yesterday in NY so I don’t know. Looked like the inside of a restaurant to me. I’ll chill until we have more to go by. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

He is clean shaven in the pics from NY but has a stubble in the picture above. 

I was trying to compare the stubble too but it looks almost the same as the first pic with the fan that we know was in NY. He has quite the 5 o'clock shadow it seems if you compare to the earlier pic from that day. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’d be a relief and that site is often wrong but usually they just don’t source. This time they said it was yesterday in NY so I don’t know. Looked like the inside of a restaurant to me. I’ll chill until we have more to go by. 🙂

They're wrong a lot, haha. They're always posting stuff saying it's new when it's clearly not. I'm like 95% sure this was not from NY. Also, I'd bet money they were in Philly yesterday especially by the time it was dark out. I can't imagine they'd fly across the country to NY to see both their boys play, and not take the amtrak or something to Philly to see the only other date where both boys are playing. And unless Philly was in a bubble of warmth yesterday  (I checked b/c I almost went, it wasn't) then still no one is wearing coats, even the people in the back who are clearly outside and waiting behind a barricade. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm also recalling when the girls in Dog Party mentioned (on the Jeff Matika show) that Billie's always getting Adrienne flowers. Not that a woman needs flowers ever five minutes, but it's the gesture more than anything.

Aww, that's so cute. It reminds me of when he sent her 1000 roses on her birthday last year - it's not really necessary, but it's just so thoughtful and sweet.:wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Aww, that's so cute. It reminds me of when he sent her 1000 roses on her birthday last year - it's not really necessary, but it's just so thoughtful and sweet.:wub:

Yeah that’s pretty intense haha. What do you even do with that many roses? Like where do you put them all?!?

Ok found the instagram post so I asked her if the photo was from NY and if he had an earring. I’ll report back if she answers, but she did just post the photo on Dec 10 so at least the post is new.

ETA: Confirmed. The picture was taken in Rio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Hermione changed the title to The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread