Jump to content
BeachBum

The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

Recommended Posts

Green Day In Seattle

I actually think the projection screens are a bit distracting and take away from the experience. I like the show to be about the band and the music, not fancy visuals.

 

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

*His professionally applied foundation :P. Does look great though haha

Yes, his makeup artist was very good, that's true. But can I add, since he wears makeup virtually anytime he's on stage, we're used to seeing him that way and as a result would notice any age/flaws despite the makeup. Does that make sense? The makeup stays the same, but he doesn't, so it can't really hide any changes that his face undergoes from us. Makeup can only do so much.

My point is, it's a real testament to the fact that he still looks fucking incredible and seems to not age. :wub: I mean, other people wear professional makeup and they still don't look nearly as good as Billie, even if it's improving them a lot. :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I actually think the projection screens are a bit distracting and take away from the experience. I like the show to be about the band and the music, not fancy visuals.

 

Yes, his makeup artist was very good, that's true. But can I add, since he wears makeup virtually anytime he's on stage, we're used to seeing him that way and as a result would notice any age/flaws despite the makeup. Does that make sense? The makeup stays the same, but he doesn't, so it can't really hide any changes that his face undergoes from us.

My point is, it's a real testament to the fact that he still looks fucking incredible and seems to not age. :wub: I mean, other people wear professional makeup and they still don't look nearly as good as Billie, even if it's improving them a lot. :lol:

Very true! I just noticed they're extra made up there (would've been since it was a TV appearance) and it made his skin extra flawless haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
9 hours ago, The Insider said:

I saw an interview with Bono a few weeks back explaining how the set has to be bigger & better - like a competition - he said he felt he could not be spontaneous & he had to hit his mark everytime.  Their ticket prices are twice the price.

I agree to an extent but it feels like U2 have backed themselves into that corner.  I think GD can still do what they want, big tour one time, smaller next but I agree that those big production set ups are a double edged sword, there are pros and cons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I agree to an extent but it feels like U2 have backed themselves into that corner.  I think GD can still do what they want, big tour one time, smaller next but I agree that those big production set ups are a double edged sword, there are pros and cons.

I agree - I will take a straight up rock concert any day of the week.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I actually think the projection screens are a bit distracting and take away from the experience. I like the show to be about the band and the music, not fancy visuals.

 

Yes, his makeup artist was very good, that's true. But can I add, since he wears makeup virtually anytime he's on stage, we're used to seeing him that way and as a result would notice any age/flaws despite the makeup. Does that make sense? The makeup stays the same, but he doesn't, so it can't really hide any changes that his face undergoes from us. Makeup can only do so much.

My point is, it's a real testament to the fact that he still looks fucking incredible and seems to not age. :wub: I mean, other people wear professional makeup and they still don't look nearly as good as Billie, even if it's improving them a lot. :lol:

I think while he wears eyeliner frequently, he doesn’t usually do the full face foundation thing that needs to the case for TV appearances.  He does look fantastic though, with or without the make up and I can’t wait to see how he’s going to look for the next round.  In fact I’d just like a small glimpse of him,even with the beard.  

Just now, The Insider said:

I agree - I will take a straight up rock concert any day of the week.  

It’s totally about the quality of the band at the end of the day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie

 

On 11/12/2018 at 12:55 PM, jengd said:

Someone called Billie the "Duracell bunny rock star" and seriously, I still think it's a great description of him, yes he's pretty small but he's action packed!  Fun sized is good too.

My boss just said today Billie was like Benjamin Bunny. I wondered why he said that, since he likes to make fun of Billie and that was probably some sort of derision. But I could only hear it as a compliment, that Billie makes people think of a bunny. :wub: He's such a cutie.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, Hermione said:

He was adorable in that. And he played Somewhere Now :wub:. Some seriously big white chompers too :D 

About the chompers, as much as I love his old teeth, the new ones contribute to his bunny look, and to his cuteness. :wub: 

DSC_6941.jpg  rWvt0VC.jpg

and the funniest is they're still a little fucked up, one of the two front incisors is bigger and a little more centered than the other one :P but he's so cute like this

13 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I actually think the projection screens are a bit distracting and take away from the experience. I like the show to be about the band and the music, not fancy visuals.

You mean the giant screens? I love being in the pit but even when you're second row, if you have only taller people around you (I've been in two GD gigs in France last year and there were many taller people than me, unfortunately) the giant screens can help you to see Billie a bit. And of course, for the people in the far back, it's a blessing. In the very first gig I want to there were no giant screens at all (a shame, in one of the biggest Paris venues...) and I was second row but only saw Billie's face scarcely because of the one person in front of me... I think the best is alternating between looking at the stage and looking at the screens, if you can't have a really good view on the stage without screens. That means, if you're neither in the first seats, nor in the first row, nor a very tall dude in the pit who can see above every one else. =/

Example of what giant screens can bring:

and also at 4:35, you can see Billie's face, his eyes... in a way you couldn't see without the giant screens. Although the person filming stayed most of the time with focus on the stage, and the vid is great that way, I wouldn't mind if it were only focused on the screens, such as here:

Spoiler



 

which is one of my favorite JOS vids, because you can see Billie's beautiful face all the time. :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider

@The Bellie  I think  your boss meant Benjamin Button😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
squashie09
6 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

You mean the giant screens? I love being in the pit but even when you're second row, if you have only taller people around you (I've been in two GD gigs in France last year and there were many taller people than me, unfortunately) the giant screens can help you to see Billie a bit. And of course, for the people in the far back, it's a blessing. In the very first gig I want to there were no giant screens at all (a shame, in one of the biggest Paris venues...) and I was second row but only saw Billie's face scarcely because of the one person in front of me... I think the best is alternating between looking at the stage and looking at the screens, if you can't have a really good view on the stage without screens. That means, if you're neither in the first seats, nor in the first row, nor a very tall dude in the pit who can see above every one else. =/

The large screens on the side at amphitheaters/festivals don't bother me. It's the giant projection screens that bands put behind them (see U2 Joshua Tree tour) that's distracting and takes away from the music part. You can't even see the band because there's SO MUCH going on behind them.

That's my feelings. I guess I'm just an old heart in a young body. Simple backdrops, lights, a little fire & pyro, nothing more.

12 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

About the chompers, as much as I love his old teeth, the new ones contribute to his bunny look, and to his cuteness. :wub: 

and the funniest is they're still a little fucked up, one of the two front incisors is bigger and a little more centered than the other one :P but he's so cute like this

The fact that he didn't completely fix them is what makes it more enduring. After so many fixed chips, I'd think his dentist was probably like "dude, we need a better solution..."

I also don't under stand peoples shocked reaction to the recent fix. He's be fixing them for years... compare his teenage years' teeth pics to Pop Disaster pics and it's clear he had them worked on/fixed/straighten.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie
8 minutes ago, The Insider said:

@The Bellie  I think  your boss meant Benjamin Button😂

No no, he said "Jeannot lapin" in French and the English translation I've just looked up on Google is Benjamin Bunny :lol: I think he meant it in a way of saying Billie looks silly, he makes dumb faces and looks like a small animal of some sort, and for my boss it means Billie can not be a genius rockstar by looking that way. My boss can't imagine how this silliness of Billie's is so fangirlworthy. Or maybe he imagines it (he witnesses it seeing me every day at work...) and is just jealous lol

6 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

The large screens on the side at amphitheaters/festivals don't bother me. It's the giant projection screens that bands put behind them (see U2 Joshua Tree tour) that's distracting and takes away from the music part. You can't even see the band because there's SO MUCH going on behind them.

Oh, okay. I didn't think of the screens behind them; indeed it must be annoying, and unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

The fact that he didn't completely fix them is what makes it more enduring. After so many fixed chips, I'd think his dentist was probably like "dude, we need a better solution..."

I also don't under stand peoples shocked reaction to the recent fix. He's be fixing them for years... compare his teenage years' teeth pics to Pop Disaster pics and it's clear he had them worked on/fixed/straighten.

Yeah, and the result is a success. I praise (and envy :P) Billie's dentist, I love all of his teeth the way they are now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
squashie09

21cb backdrop wasn’t bad. I didn’t get to a show on that tour, but it looks good and not overwhelming from videos & pics. I just appreciate that the guys do what they can to keep the ticket prices affordable for their fans instead of “out doing” themselves & other acts each tour. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider

I loved the Hall of Fame backdrop.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Day In Seattle
8 hours ago, The Bellie said:

You mean the giant screens? I love being in the pit but even when you're second row, if you have only taller people around you (I've been in two GD gigs in France last year and there were many taller people than me, unfortunately) the giant screens can help you to see Billie a bit.

No, I like those. The ones that show what's happening on the stage, that is. I meant that I don't like all the fancy, moving graphics and extraneous stuff that's not just the band playing. An example would be the stuff on the screens behind them during their 2016 AMA and EMA performances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
9 hours ago, The Bellie said:

 

About the chompers, as much as I love his old teeth, the new ones contribute to his bunny look, and to his cuteness. :wub: 

and the funniest is they're still a little fucked up, one of the two front incisors is bigger and a little more centered than the other one :P but he's so cute like this

 

 

Agreed! Old and new teeth are cute in their own way. And he loves to smile with the new ones :happy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Agreed! Old and new teeth are cute in their own way. And he loves to smile with the new ones :happy:

Agreed, also with @The Bellie.  I think the temp set weren’t so great but the final ones are a great fix.  Nobody has perfect teeth and I think Billie’s dentist has kept them just a little wonky, they look real and suit him, good job.  Yes, the bonus is the big smiles.  

@The Insider - you tease, I thought there was a new pic 😂😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk

^^^ All time greatest picture ever. Hands down. Of any kind. 😍😍😍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
7 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

@maryjanewhatsername You want some butt? Here, just for you:

 

 

I have another picture of Billie's butt, but there is no pants on.

Quite possibly the greatest response of all time 😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
4 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Quite possibly the greatest response of all time 😂😂

Just FYI if you quote a post with an image or video in it you should delete the image/video from the quote (to avoid lots of repeated images in a thread). It used to happen automatically but it doesn't now so just a heads up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×