The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

When I saw I just thought yep, Billie looking pretty as usual, nothing very different

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yeesh! That picture makes me very uncomfortable. 😬 Billie does not look happy about the situation and it's sad that people would step that far over the line just for a selfie with him. I get that it's a small venue and it's crowded and there are a lot of people on stage, BUT DON'T FUCKING PUT HIM INTO A CHOKEHOLD! Those kinds of people risk ruining it for fans who are respectful of his boundaries. Billie is ridiculously generous already and it's actually quite impressive that he remains so even with this kind of stuff happening. Maybe I'm overreacting here, but I just really don't like it when respect for Billie as a person is thrown out the window.

I’m not defending these fans actions by any means I wish they would all calm down and back off but I also think sometimes people overestimate Billie’s level of annoyance over this stuff. Part of the reason he loves these shows is they remind him of the earliest shows at Gilman he attended where everyone was jumping onstage, singing into the microphone and generally piling on top of each other. He once described his experience at his first Op Ivy show at Gilman (in an article for Absolutely Zippo zine) very much this way and that he felt at home and it was life changing. The punk scene is unlike other music shows for this reason.  I think this feels like coming home to him and he likes being able to bring that experience to others. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m not defending these fans actions by any means I wish they would all calm down and back off but I also think sometimes people overestimate Billie’s level of annoyance over this stuff. Part of the reason he loves these shows is they remind him of the earliest shows at Gilman he attended where everyone was jumping onstage, singing into the microphone and generally piling on top of each other. He once described his experience at his first Op Ivy show at Gilman (in an article for Absolutely Zippo zine) very much this way and that he felt at home and it was life changing. The punk scene is unlike other music shows for this reason.  I think this feels like coming home to him and he likes being able to bring that experience to others. 

Yeah, I probably was overreacting. Billie may not have as much of a problem with it - that's true. It just rubs me the wrong way. Billie is a better person than I am. He's more loving and accepting of other people.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yeah, I probably was overreacting. Billie may not have as much of a problem with it - that's true. It just rubs me the wrong way. Billie is a better person than I am. He's more loving and accepting of other people.

I wouldn’t say that, it’s not about being a better person, he just comes from a different place and has different associations with these kinds of shows. He’s also a bit crazy 😜 

• Haha 2

I don't think he likes being pushed that way (who would?), but he won't say it because at that point it's too late and he's tolerant overall. That's probably why he lets people do what they want. He'll show when he's annoyed, discretely. People self-absorbed by their phone won't even see, and if they see they won't care. We're not in his head, and we weren't at Gilman either but I think there are big differences with that time, people jumping on stage to assault him with their phone (and by doing so, not even looking at him... but at their phone) nowadays, they're crazy fans, but I wonder if they aren't more crazy about their social media than about him. They just want to have that picture they'll post and the rest passes after. If they weren't any phones brought up, there wouldn't be that much aggressiveness. I think Billie understands all this and is glad overall to offer this experience to people, but he keeps telling and showing that he doesn't like the overuse of cell phones (and the careless behaviors that go with it), but not only. He doesn't like people touching him just as they see him passing. He's kind enough to never get mad at anyone, he surely understands how people feel but still tries to set his limits even if people don't always respect them. I think the fact to set his limits helps him to stay tolerant, and is like a a warning for the times he isn't disposed to greet people's marks of affection. In that way, I really feel it's the whole of fans that pays for the few people who really aren't respectful.

Last year at my previous Longshot show I had spoken to another French girl I met there, she said to have attended 8 or 9 Longshot shows to most of which Billie had come out to meet the fans, and that at none of them the fans were respectful towards him. That was after I said that I regretted not to be able to meet him after the show. Just because Billie is overly kind to the fans he knows to have made a lot of efforts to come to see him, doesn't mean we should consider that he senses differently a behavior we can ourselves feel, with our own eyes, to be disrespectful. For me, anyway.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Last year at my previous Longshot show I had spoken to another French girl I met there, she said to have attended 8 or 9 Longshot shows to most of which Billie had come out to meet the fans, and that at none of them the fans were respectful towards him. That was after I said that I regretted not to be able to meet him after the show. Just because Billie is overly kind to the fans he knows to have made a lot of efforts to come to see him, doesn't mean we should consider that he senses differently a behavior we can ourselves feel, with our own eyes, to be disrespectful. For me, anyway.

Well she’s full of shit because when he met fans after the DC show last year everyone was extremely respectful, were careful not to crowd him, asked permission for everything and thanked him after, offered him gifts. It was so chill that he hung around for several minutes even after everyone got their photos. So don’t believe everything you’re told. 

I do however agree that it’s the cell phones onstage that are the biggest problem, not the dancing and crowding. He was pushing phones away and playing peek a boo ducking them at the LA show and I wish fans would get the hint and keep their phones in their pockets when they go onstage. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well she’s full of shit because when he met fans after the DC show last year everyone was extremely respectful, were careful not to crowd him, asked permission for everything and thanked him after, offered him gifts. It was so chill that he hung around for several minutes even after everyone got their photos. So don’t believe everything you’re told. 

I do however agree that it’s the cell phones onstage that are the biggest problem, not the dancing and crowding. He was pushing phones away and playing peek a boo ducking them at the LA show and I wish fans would get the hint and keep their phones in their pockets when they go onstage. 

Maybe at the show you were at, people were respectful. In that case, it's great. I don't believe this girl was "full of shit", perhaps she just had different appreciations than you, I don't know. Or the people were different. She told me the way she felt... it's subjective. There shouldn't be any judgement about this kind of thing. I believe she was as honest as you when you state that at the show you were at, people were respectful. I don't believe "everything I'm told" but what seems sincere to me. And there isn't only one truth, there is only the truth of the person who speaks. I think, responding to me when I was myself speaking at her, stating my disappointment, she replied to me on the same level, on the level of my expectations. I felt like we perfectly understood each other and what we thought being "respectful." Once again, I don't know about the show you were at. Also, apart from that specific person, what I've seen with my own eyes at the 3 shows I was rather goes in her sense. People were so in a hurry to literally jump on Billie, they weren't leaving any place behind the door we were expecting him to come out from, they weren't paying attention to others, they all wanted to be first to have the slightest contact with him. I was on a side waiting for a miracle to happen so that they'd respect his space and that he'll accept to spend a few minutes with fans in these conditions. It didn't happen at either of the shows, perhaps not only for these reasons, but still (actually, at the only show everyone seemed respectful, the band left immediately after, it was clearly not due to the fans. It was on the east coast too). Anyway, if the people you were with behaved differently, you were lucky, and that sounds hopeful for future shows.

Yeah, dancing and crowding are not a problem as such, it all depends on how the people pay attention to everyone around them and to Billie who is the center of attention. I've seen the LA videos too and the way Billie playfully tried to avoid the phone camera. He's really kind to be that cheerful... But even apart cell phones, there is containment to have. If I had touched his belly, leg or hand while he was playing, that would've been disrespectful for my standards, and there were no cell phones involved. Also, my personal feeling is that with the cell phones, encouraging them for the slightest thing, even for the filming part, can tend to make them even more addictive in general for people using them. I mean, you can't encourage people to film without expecting at least some faction of people to lose complete control on their phone and be unable to prevent themselves to bringing it onstage, for example. For me, it all works together. That's why the slightest film taken makes me uncomfortable (I watch some but I'd prefer them not to be there) and also why I think Billie says to people to stop pulling out their phones for filming. Someone who's not filming won't bring the phone out when being closer to him. People need to stop pulling out their phones at gigs and not only to go onstage, that's when they'll get the more excited and the more dependent on their phones, sadly.

• Like 2

^^^ He might just be whispering in his ear but we were so starved for kisses this tour that I’ll take it. 😄

• Like 1

We all needed that. Thank you, @Montclare:wub:

I think the main thing that bugged me about that photo was that those people had their phones out. They were choke-holding Billie for a photo and that's why it was so wrong. If you are so lucky as to be on stage with Billie, put your damn phone away and enjoy the moment. If you really just have to have that picture, as him nicely and he'll most likely oblige.

Okay, I'm done ranting now. Sorry to bring it about again, I just had a realization of what bothered me after it was pointed out and felt like I needed to say that.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Montclare said:

Here, have a smooch. 💋

Looks more like a bite 🦈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nightlife said:

Okay but his hair right now.. And that outfit :wub: 

Loving the ripped jeans and the stare :wub:.... Do I detect a hint of eyeliner? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Do I detect a hint of eyeliner? 

I know!  I was so happy to see that.

44 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

You sure do and on Kevin as well!  :wub:

Did he have it on for the show?  It doesn't look like it.

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

Imagine if both Billie and Kevin had been wearing eyeliner for all shows. We'd all be dead now. :lol: 💓

No doubt!  😵

• Like 1

Just watching Billie and Kevin playing with each other's toggles...

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Just watching Billie and Kevin playing with each other's toggles...

What is this song?

11 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Please please let the eyeliner not be over.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

What is this song?

Neat Neat Neat.