The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

12 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I've been pining so hard today, I've spent hours looking through footage of last night. Wow, to have been there, some amazing people in attendance (although I prefer the atmosphere at a gig!), and Billie, our cute little man. Black hair, which I am loving as it's so nicely done (I do love the blonde too!) and his amazing green eyes, which I could stare into all day long, especially in this picture 💚 and 80, shes so fit too, aghh, it's setting my heart racing and sadness spiking all at once, oh, to have been there or to be in their world and be a part of it all. 

It makes me genuinely happy though how happy and healthy they all seem to be. That makes my heart melt too. 

I'm going to shut up now, I've have no-one to fangirl to all day, and it's all built up.... thanks for reading! 

I AM SO MORBIDLY CONFUSED... WHO DO I FANGIRL OVER MORE, BILLIE OR 80?? :wub: ugh my little heart is so happy ❤️ (love u blonde Billie but glad to see that black is back!) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Honestly, while I love the blonde, I love the black and he just looked so good on NYE, a bit tanned, relaxed and just awesome 😍😍😍 great start to 2019 👏👏 oh, and my new calendar is pretty awesome too.  

You get a decent look at Billie’s shoes over on the IG thread, @desertrose posted danmhell’s footage and it’s pretty good quality.

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Like 3

I'm so happy that Billie still has that earring in his left ear but I hope that it'll stay for the next GD era. 

And I agree with @jengd about the calendar, I can't stop looking at that picture of Billie 😍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

I made a compilation of Facebook and mostly Instagram lives GD and Billie did since the launch of RevRad to mid 2018 with the Longshot, it's nearly 2h long, it's like a great memory movie :wub:

Omg I would love to see that :wub: RevRad he was adorbs, as usual :wub: I'm so stoked to see what the next album brings for our boys :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m excited for the next promotional period to begin. I’d like it to land somewhere between the Trilogy which was insane and RevRad which was comprehensive but basic and fairly low key.  On top of the usual talk show stops, I’d like to see them throw in a few more popular culture things to remind people they’re still relevant (Carpool Karaoke, SNL, Superbowl?)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m excited for the next promotional period to begin. I’d like it to land somewhere between the Trilogy which was insane and RevRad which was comprehensive but basic and fairly low key.  On top of the usual talk show stops, I’d like to see them throw in a few more popular culture things to remind people they’re still relevant (Carpool Karaoke, SNL, Superbowl?)

I always thought it was weird that they weren't on SNL in 2016.  What better band to have on during the election?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

The second one was when he was vaping supposedly Prednisone he talked about the same day, during the Wrigley Field press conference, and like a dummy, shortly after I saw that I bought Prednisone on an obscure online market to test it :D

Not to go all erowid :D but out of curiosity, did you notice any enjoyable effects?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I so wouldn’t advise this.  While there are plenty of very important medical uses for it, prednisolone can have a number of adverse effects and really shouldn’t be taken without a doctor’s approval as these need considering before it’s prescribed.  I also can’t think of any mechanism via which it would get you remotely high unless you happened to be ill and need it anyway, so really the best result is that nothing happens, which doesn’t work out great in a cost-benefit analysis.  That’s assuming what you bought even was prednisolone.

I second this. I don’t have any known allergies and I had a horrible reaction to over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream while taking prednisone to treat a rash. I became very flushed and my heart was racing and my throat felt like it was closing up. You never know how your body might react to something and it’s best to at least know for sure what you’re putting into it.

Isn’t it just typically used as an anti-inflammatory steroid anyway? I don’t get what the goal would be?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Isn’t it just typically used as an anti-inflammatory steroid anyway? I don’t get what the goal would be?

It is indeed (though it does have plenty of other uses too).  I imagine Billie was using it for his throat, since it was in the middle of a big tour.  I’m trying to think of any biochemical pathway via which it would be remotely interesting recreationally and I can’t.  

Just now, Second favourite son said:

It is indeed (though it does have plenty of other uses too).  I imagine Billie was using it for his throat, since it was in the middle of a big tour.  I’m trying to think of any biochemical pathway via which it would be remotely interesting recreationally and I can’t.  

Right? That’s what I figured, too, since his throat was likely inflamed.

Back in my day the kids just snorted Xanax. :lol: 

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Right? That’s what I figured, too, since his throat was likely inflamed.

Back in my day the kids just snorted Xanax. :lol: 

Xanax is making a big comeback on the youth scene atm :lol:  Quite worrying actually, and I also wouldn’t recommend.

• Like 1

my sister is on it for an inflammatory disease (sarcoidosis) and the side effects are horrible.  its brought out many other conditions and shes on a lot of different meds to treat those including a form of low dose chemo.  I'm aware doses do vary on different treatments it's used for. but just don't go into it for recreation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

He responded to someone on Twitter that it was for asthma.  There were a few mentions of people seeing him take oxygen or use an inhaler on the side of the stage at the Ohio shows.  As for side effects, I remember people wondering if that was why he had a couple extra pounds that summer.

Probably is why. Steroids suck. I have had to take it to get rid of allergic reactions and hives since I'm allergic to almost anything, and it makes me a raging bitch and if taken long enough you do gain weight! :lol:

4 hours ago, Montclare said:

He responded to someone on Twitter that it was for asthma.  There were a few mentions of people seeing him take oxygen or use an inhaler on the side of the stage at the Ohio shows.  As for side effects, I remember people wondering if that was why he had a couple extra pounds that summer.

I absolutely thought it was a steroid he was taking as he didn’t really put on weight in the normal way but started to look puffy around his face and neck, it’s an odd sort of look with steroids, could easily be wrong, but he seemed to go back to normal,pretty quickly, even by the Global Citizen show.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I’m trying to think of any biochemical pathway via which it would be remotely interesting recreationally and I can’t.  

It seemed to me he was joking anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It seemed to me he was joking anyway.

Same to me, I was more referring to @The Bellie buying it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

so really the best result is that nothing happens

You're right, that's what happened, nothing :P it only amused me to try.  I really bought Prednisone (in pills, so not prednisolone to inhale like Billie) and I remember that it was at a moment I was sick as well (I think around October last year, not even two months after Billie spoke of it). And my doctor even advised me Prednisone (and it was the first time I was hearing it from a doctor, so it was a nice coincidence!) but he ended him prescribing me something else. I tried to ask him Prednisone instead but he just looked at me like "why does she absolutely want Prednisone??" and he refused. Dang. :lol: So I just bought Prednisone myself afterwards, and did not take his prescription.

You got to know that I'm a bit crazy. :D Sometimes I just think of doing silly stuff (even myself thought Pred could be dangerous... but not too much, maybe dangerous because of all you can read from other people's experience on the net) but I only do it when I have a positive feeling about it. In this case, being sometimes Billie recommended, it was necessarily harmless. It was fun. (It doesn't mean I recommend it myself, I'm not as crazy as Billie, lol) and I'm not at all medication and stuff in general, I usually don't take any pills.

9 hours ago, jengd said:

he didn’t really put on weight in the normal way but started to look puffy around his face and neck, it’s an odd sort of look with steroids

Yeah, I noticed it too. (I think it did help put a tiny bit of bellie on though :P. And I use the word "help" because I like it, obviously :wub:) About his face, I feel a little bit guilty, but (since this thread is for fangirling!) I thought he was looking cute like that :wub: (while I, for my part have a hamster face in a normal way, with or without Pred, so I didn't notice any difference...)

billie-joe-armstrong-of-green-day-perfor in Wrigley Field, August 24, the day the was inhaling Pred and spoke about it during the press conference

CBZ0XZx.jpg?1 the following concert, Darien Lake, August 26

comparison with a gig before

Mj5vrks.jpg

and after

billie-joe-armstrong-of-green-day-perfor

So yeah, there's a discrete change with the Pred, but I'm sure we only notice it because of our fangirl eye of an eagle! every non-GD fan person I've shown a random pic of Billie notices he has a slightly puffy face :wub:.

• Love 1

I know a lot about Prednisone because my daughter has to take it on & off for an autoimmune disorder. At a low to medium dose it takes over a month to get the puffiness. For a larger dose 2-3 weeks. For asthma flare-ups it’s only given for about 2 weeks at a pretty low dose. So I think Billie’s puffiness at that point was too much good tour food. 

• Haha 4

Not to bring the conversation back around, but I too have thought about what it would be like to have Billie be my first kiss. :wub: 

Regarding the prednisone, when I watched that interview I immediately was reminded of what I learned about it in one of my biology major classes and thought "No, Billie! It's not awesome! You should be careful with that; it can have some nasty side effects!"

I also want to say that I love his black hair! I like it blond too, but black is where it's at. He just looks stunning!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I know a lot about Prednisone because my daughter has to take it on & off for an autoimmune disorder. At a low to medium dose it takes over a month to get the puffiness. For a larger dose 2-3 weeks. For asthma flare-ups it’s only given for about 2 weeks at a pretty low dose.

Maybe it depends on people?

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

So I think Billie’s puffiness at that point was too much good tour food. 

Fixed that for ya