The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

17 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Okay, I know this is super old from a livestream awhile back but his SMILE kills me!!!

I mean, just look at it. So damn cute.

I like the just walked in off the beach hair 🙂

• Love 3

42 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I like the just walked in off the beach hair 🙂

Love this one. I’m a fan of wild hair and big glasses on him so this look does something for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Okay, I know this is super old from a livestream awhile back but his SMILE kills me!!!

I mean, just look at it. So damn cute.

He was adorable in that. And he played Somewhere Now :wub:. Some seriously big white chompers too :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Hermione said:

The only thing more striking than how small he looks on stage is how much energy he has. I know it's normal for band frontmen to be energetic on stage but it's like watching a superhuman, constantly moving, running, jumping, dancing all while singing at the top of his lungs, playing/carrying a guitar and keeping command over the show/audience and never seems to be out of breath or tired, he makes it look effortless. I had a better view than usual at the end of the catwalk at my Rev Rad show and I was in awe watching him. 

I'm just totally fangirling thinking of that show now haha. Can't wait to see them live again :wub: 

OMG, I was there!  This was so amazing there just aren't words and I'd forgotten about the growling "ever get so full" late on!  

Someone called Billie the "Duracell bunny rock star" and seriously, I still think it's a great description of him, yes he's pretty small but he's action packed!  Fun sized is good too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pocket Rocket was always one of my favorite descriptions 😄

Oh yes, that’s just Billie 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Pocket Rocket was always one of my favorite descriptions 😄

Pocket Rocket is Henri Richard's nickname. :huh:

I love to nickname Billie «Saint Billie», and that was even before he did St. Jimmy on Broadway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely I can't be the only one who loves it when Billie gets all shy and says 'Ya know' a ton during interviews ❤️ it's just so sweet and cute and it makes me die a little on the inside ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

Ooh yes, beautiful, and hair and eyes, meet us in the fan girl thread 😂

Whoops, moving at speed when I did this, we're already in the fangirl thread, I should have known as it's where I spend most of my time 😂

Edited by jengd
additiono
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can I also give props to the projection screens? It’s a shame they didn’t have a stage setup like this on tour. It’s so visually exciting. A lot of arena bands now use really cool technology in their shows and set designs. This would have been awesome. (Of course then the tickets would have cost twice as much but I can see then doing an amazing show)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Can I also give props to the projection screens? It’s a shame they didn’t have a stage setup like this on tour. It’s so visually exciting. A lot of arena bands now use really cool technology in their shows and set designs. This would have been awesome. (Of course then the tickets would have cost twice as much but I can see then doing an amazing show)

You are right, they were great.  I remember them using projection screens for 21CB tour and it was really something, so good but it costs a fortune and they seem to always try to keep prices down.  

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

You are right, they were great.  I remember them using projection screens for 21CB tour and it was really something, so good but it costs a fortune and they seem to always try to keep prices down.  

Which is good for the fans but I think also comes at a cost of some mainstream appeal. A bigger show would grab bigger headlines and bring in bigger audiences. They’ve never seemed to care about that, but I can imagine a show like this and I think fans would love it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Which is good for the fans but I think also comes at a cost of some mainstream appeal. A bigger show would grab bigger headlines and bring in bigger audiences. They’ve never seemed to care about that, but I can imagine a show like this and I think fans would love it. 

I agree, and I would pay more for a GD ticket then they usually price them, and I always have to travel, it's just a case of how far.  I would say that most bands charge more.

I like that their shows are more focused on the music and crowd interaction than projection screens. I'm going to release bad energy and enjoy the music, not for the spectacle. I feel like some artists use more spectacle to compensate. I know GD isn't this way. Their shows are amazing no matter if its a basic club or huge festival with all the bells.

I'm not a pit girl, so I liked that their lower/upper bowl seats were under $100 for RevRad.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I like that their shows are more focused on the music and crowd interaction than projection screens. I'm going to release bad energy and enjoy the music, not for the spectacle. I feel like some artists use more spectacle to compensate. I know GD isn't this way. Their shows are amazing no matter if its a basic club or huge festival with all the bells.

I'm not a pit girl, so I liked that their lower/upper bowl seats were under $100 for RevRad.

Agreed.  I've been to both big and small production shows; each has their place, but I never miss the big production when I'm at a show with good music and good energy, which is what a Green Day show is.

I am a pit girl though.  After doing one GD show in the seats, I'll never go back.

• Like 1

I've never had a decent experience in a pit. Granted they were at small venues, and maybe larger ones would be better, but I'll stick the with a seat. I like to be able to see the band instead of the back of someones head. 

• Like 1

The only times I didn't have a good experience in a pit were at the SWMRS' concert last december and the Longshot's one back in May. After the Longshot's concert, my body was so in pain. I felt like I got hit by a truck.

Out from my 3 GD concerts, only the first one I was in the pit (back in 2010). More exactly, it was on a pier and there were no seats at all. I had no choice. I ended second row in front of Mike. Best concert ever!!! Mike looked great and Billie... well... Blond Billie with a black shirt and a striped pants stole my heart that night. :wub: Probably the moment when I understood that Billie was my hero... even if he sprayed water right in my face that night, lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Blond Billie with a black shirt and a striped pants

Falls off chair swooning at the thought of actually seeing him live like that 😍😍 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I agree, and I would pay more for a GD ticket then they usually price them, and I always have to travel, it's just a case of how far.  I would say that most bands charge more.

I saw an interview with Bono a few weeks back explaining how the set has to be bigger & better - like a competition - he said he felt he could not be spontaneous & he had to hit his mark everytime.  Their ticket prices are twice the price.

• Like 1