The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

12 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Let’s get to the real issue here. If there is an upcoming Tubbies show, does it mean Billie has to shave his beard? Is it sacreligious to do a Tubbies show looking like a mountain man? Discuss.

He’ll do whatever the fuck he wants so I have no expectations that he’ll think he has to look a certain way for a small show. 

And the other way he accentuates his smallness is by jumping in peoples arms all the time, I think it’s cute how he plays it up.  (I thought 5’8” was average but either way he is below)

• Like 2

Well Billie is around the same height as me (give or take half an inch), and I'm the shortest person I know, so he's small to me.:lol: I thought 5'7" was considered below average height for men? Plus it's not like it bothers him - he's drawn attention to and made jokes about his own height enough times to show that he's comfortable with it.

23 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Let’s get to the real issue here. If there is an upcoming Tubbies show, does it mean Billie has to shave his beard? Is it sacreligious to do a Tubbies show looking like a mountain man? Discuss.

If he wants to shave the beard he will, if he doesn't want to shave the beard he won't, and that's okay either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

If he wants to shave the beard he will, if he doesn't want to shave the beard he won't, and that's okay either way.

Let’s be honest though. We know how much the beard has been disliked on here with it interfering with some people fangirling abilities. If he does a Tubbies show with it, I think that’s a sign that it’s going to be around as a new look for awhile. If he shaves it, hallelujah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

If he does a Tubbies show with it, I think that’s a sign that it’s going to be around as a new look for awhile.

I disagree. I don't think not shaving the beard for a small show proves anything in regards to how long he's gonna keep it. He could shave it tomorrow, he could shave it next year, we really don't know. And if he does want to keep it for a while, that's fine, he has every right to.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Okay, it's confession time. Let me just start by saying this is incredibly generalized. No one is a specific target of what I am about to say, so I don't want anyone taking offense. This is just my opinion.

Now that's out of the way, I'm going to say that it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when Billie is referred to as small, little, tiny, or any other descriptor that indicates a diminutive nature. I know he is almost exclusively referred to as such with endearment, but it still doesn't do it for me. For one thing, Tré is actually shorter than him (granted it's only by an inch, but still). So if we're going by height, Tré is the littlest one of the group. He does have a bit bulkier frame than Billie, so he appears larger. Billie's height of 5'7" is smack dab in the middle of average for a white American male, so there are probably just as many men who are shorter than him than there are taller.

I kind of feel this way about other things too sometimes. It's like when someone is talking about how little something is and I'm just thinking "Well, fuck it's bigger than me. :confused: " It's the same thing with Billie. He's larger than me, and likely a good number of you other fangirls here, so I don't think of him as being small (comparatively). I don't know, maybe I'm just super weird, but that's how I feel. It's very hard to describe exactly why, and even I don't know for certain. Anyway, please don't hate me for this. :unsure: I'm not requesting that anything change, I'm just making a weird confession.

I agree.  He is a good 6” taller than me and I don’t really like him being referred to as though he’s tiny but I get that it’s meant affectionately.  I also agree with @Hermione that his slight build emphasis his height, he is very petite with narrow shoulders but I don’t think it bothers him at all and and think the short, tight trousers just emphasis it.

@neverdone2000 yes, the beard has to go but whether Billie thinks so, we’ll just have to wait and see but I hope so.  I also hope for the red trousers and yellow shirt again but that may be unlikely!  

I mean, I hope he would dress/look like the Rev if he plays a show as the Rev. Whether the beard could be incorporated into that is another question....big hippy beards weren't exactly unheard of in the 60s so it could be done :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'm mistaken about the average height. I just remember that from one time I looked it up. Maybe I was thinking for women. :lol: Yeah, I guess I just think about things differently and I was in kind of a weird headspace last night so I went a little crazy. I do agree that he is petite. He has a delicate build that's really appealing and he likes to show it off. I think I've mentioned it before, but he's kind of built like a weasel or marten - long, slender and elegant body with shorter legs relative to that. However he's described, there's no denying that he's fantastically gorgeous! :wub:

If he's gonna be The Rev, he better shave that beard off! I really just want it gone regardless. Yay, Foxies! I was just thinking about them the other day and how it would be a dream come true to be able to see a FBHT show. I'm assuming they're just going to play some small, local venues, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Since this thread is dying, have some ass/hip wiggling action.:wub:

He has such a perfect butt. :wub:

I saw this the other day, and while my first thought should have been, "aw, Billie's cute ass", for some strange reason it was, "he looks like he has a low center of gravity". :lol: Bad fangirl.

^ That picture of Billie on the box with the giant fan reminds me of the time he stood on a box next to Will Farrell! 

Billies pint-sized body is one of the things that makes him so cute, though. When I saw him I think I screamed the nanosecond I saw him then a few seconds later laughed at his size 😂

• Haha 2

@The Bellie @IcyMoffatt @Hermione I agree with all of you. He does look small when compared to taller people, and sometimes when he's on stage because of his delicate build. I would probably be like "oh, you're a very normal size" if I were to stand next to him because I'm only 5'5", but he is definitely dwarfed by a lot of the fans that come up. :lol: 

He is a shorter than average, but not unusually short, feisty, high energy fluff boy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

All of you are in denial. He would fit in my pocket.

Don't make me roll out the "Step Brothers" clip🤭

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Hermione said:

I mean regardless of how tall he actually is he does look tiny when you see him in the flesh running around on stage. I think the whole band looks surprisingly small when you see them at a show though. None of them are really that far from average but none of them are very tall or built very big either so when you see them they're like, a fun sized band :D  

Also I think short people tend to gravitate to other short people (and tall to tall etc) and Green Day fans are shorter on average than the general population. Can't prove my theory but I'm sure there's some truth to it :P 

^ I can relate to that 2nd part lol when I was at their show it seemed most people were my height 5'6ish 😂 when i was in the pit only a few people were taller

On 10/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I have so many dreams where I get to hug him or be in physical contact with him. I just wish they were real. :cry: He does look like he gives amazing hugs! I'm just super longing for him right now and I wish I could meet him and talk to him it's making it hard to think about anything else. How are people so lucky?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!! He's just such an amazing guy. I could gush about him all day.

On 11/1/2017 at 7:39 AM, The Grouch is Tracy said:

What’s the most “fangirly” thing you have ever done? Since this is confessions and all......

Instead of working at work like a normal adult I just sit there and daze off about my "married life" with Billie Joe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1