The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

I see it more as before I hadn't got to be close to him, and now I have and I'll always have had that experience and know what it's like forever. Like I "achieved" the goal and anything else in the future is a bonus. Depends how you look at it I guess. It was intense because I saw my first ever GD show and then only one week later I was suddenly seeing FBHT with 24 hours notice and being right up close to Billie, and then I was ill (the most ill I've been in my life) for two weeks with bad flu that I caught there being delirious with fever dreams and stuff so the whole thing was like a crazy dream. I guess I can't imagine how anything could ever equal that so I don't even consider the possibility. Of course seeing Billie/GD etc in a small setting again would be awesome though, wouldn't say no to a London Longshot show.

You may have a healthier outlook on it than I do but shows, and especially shows that are even better than others, are like a drug to me. The crash is brutal and I always crave more and stronger.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My friend and I were talking about the particular endorphin rush you get with the right pain/pleasure mix to make it particularly addicting. I was saying how bruised I was after these shows and how uncomfortable it got at times but at the same time I would do it again in a minute. While you’re enjoying the music the pain gives your endorphins a boost so after you crash and then later want it again. After the DC show I couldn’t wait for the Philly show and after that I was a little depressed even though I got beat to hell.  Now I’ve forgotten the pain completely and just want to go again. But as I was saying I think it’s a chemical thing, similar to tattoos (a fee months after I get one I want another)

Weirdly, I don’t get that rush from shows like Philly or from tattoos though I know a lot of people do. I get it from mosh pits though. But if I could relive Philly exactly as it was today I’d say no thanks. Any of the others though, gladly.

2 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

The irony is, I wanted to write "right" but I went too fast without checking my writing and forgot it :lol:

It was special to be extremely close to Billie but as for big arenas GD shows, personally I'm sure I won't have a big problem enjoying big arenas GD shows as much as before; seeing how some of you feel makes me sad, I would prefer not to be in (what seems to be) the minority of us, when having no real issue with the small club / big show distance gap. I mean, as to see the glass as half full, I think it could be great, when seeing Billie from a little further at the next GD show, to cherish the memory that we've followed him into a small club and been standing very close to him, and that we wanted it so hard and made it, and that it was exceptional. I believe I could get even more excited for future shows thinking that way, because I am happy and grateful to have got that close to him, I feel so lucky and overwhelmed and I just want to see Billie again, the urge is still there and probably stronger but somehow less painful, so for me now it doesn't matter that much in which kind of venue, precisely because I've got to know the small one and that is no more unknown for me. As long as Billie is playing some place I'll be able to attend and that I do my best to have a sight as good as possible, as I've always done so far, I'm sure I'll feel all right.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely grateful. It blows my mind to have been as lucky as I was with these shows. But that’s exactly why it’s hard. It doesn’t help that I’ve been ridiculously spoiled with my other top artist and regularly get to be close to him/them and so on. So it’s harder when you get a taste of that here but then it’s gone. But enough of my negativity! I removed the Santa Ana part of your post in my response because I’m trying to avoid thinking of it at all costs because I can’t go for the reasons you mentioned, haha, but just want to wish you all the luck in the world! Have fun! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Come on, a few days ago you were saying you'll never get to attend a show with him performing, now you've just had that great experience seeing him from very close. Of course it will happen again. Take the 'shots' adage: sooner or later, probably sooner :happy:

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

You'll see him again! And just think of all the great memories and pics and vids you have to revisit now you've had this great experience, so much awesomeness to enjoy looking back on. Really glad you got to see them after you thought you wouldn't get to btw, I love it when everything works out in the end!

Thanks, you guys! :blush: I know, just when I thought it would never happen, I got to experience the most amazing thing ever and it's something I will ever forget for the rest of my life! :wub: And yes, I have been reliving it with all the pictures and videos I took. That really helps! I know all of this rationally, it's just sometimes hard to prevent that negative self talk that goes on. I'm feeling a lot better about it now. I just needed a couple days to right my head, stop those thoughts, and remind myself that I will get to see him again and that it was a wonderful night to be able to look back on.

4 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

The irony is, I wanted to write "right" but I went too fast without checking my writing and forgot it :lol:

It was special to be extremely close to Billie but as for big arenas GD shows, personally I'm sure I won't have a big problem enjoying big arenas GD shows as much as before; seeing how some of you feel makes me sad, I would prefer not to be in (what seems to be) the minority of us, when having no real issue with the small club / big show distance gap. I mean, as to see the glass as half full, I think it could be great, when seeing Billie from a little further at the next GD show, to cherish the memory that we've followed him into a small club and been standing very close to him, and that we wanted it so hard and made it, and that it was exceptional. I believe I could get even more excited for future shows thinking that way, because I am happy and grateful to have got that close to him, I feel so lucky and overwhelmed and I just want to see Billie again, the urge is still there and probably stronger but somehow less painful, so for me now it doesn't matter that much in which kind of venue, precisely because I've got to know the small one and that is no more unknown for me. As long as Billie is playing some place I'll be able to attend and that I do my best to have a sight as good as possible, as I've always done so far, I'm sure I'll feel all right.

Hoping what I just wrote helps, someone please help me too, I gave a shot to buy a ticket for the Santa Ana show and I got one :runaround:and I don't know what to do. I'm ready to liquidate all my savings on that one except I'm not supposed to be on holiday that week. Shall I buy the whole trip and put my bosses in front of the fait accompli, or ask them permission and take the risk that they say no? (I have more than a week of paid leave overdue but still... I'm afraid that the closeness with my last trip may be a problem.) Holy crap, if I go to California I'll definitely make a stop to Oakland as well. That only thought excites me as much as the gig... :runaround:

I don't see myself having trouble transitioning to a big show setting again like a GD concert. For me, I'm just always having to fight my brain telling me that I won't ever see them again, period. So I will gladly take any opportunity to see GD/Billie in the future. Of course I would absolutely looooove to see him in such a small, intimate setting again! That was incredible and I definitely want to be that close to him again! :wub: What I want more than anything is a chance to meet him and interact with him on an individual level. But who of us doesn't want that?

As far as your Santa Ana show goes, I don't know that I would really have anything useful to offer you. I wouldn't recommend spending your savings on a Longshot show, as important as that is to someone like us. I don't know what your financial situation is, so obviously you're the one who will know the best decision to make for yourself. It sounds like you do have paid vacation, though, so using that for this show or not would be dependent on your work situation. All I've got to say is: If you feel like it would be realistic to do this without impacting your life too much in other ways such as financially or job wise, go for it. If not, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future to see Billie/GD! :happy: Like I said, I don't know your situation, so you're the best judge.

I hope that I was able to be at least a little helpful! :lol:

Edited by Green Day In Seattle
Responded to another post
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

^^^Aww, my heart.:wub: That second one is the purest thing I've ever seen in my life.:wub: I can't stop grinning down at my phone now, his smile is just too contagious.:wub:

• Love 2

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

I feel like a terrible fan but I genuinely can't tell if that's Kevin or Billie. I'm inclined to think it's Kevin though...

Really? That's 100% Billie. His face shape, his hair, the tattoo on his chest. The smile is what really gives it aways for me. Only Billie has that kind of smile. :wub:

I can see how you might not be able to tell right off the bat, though, what with the angle and shadow. You are not a terrible fan! Lol

Spoiler
13 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

^^^Oh my god that is the cutest shit ever! :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Really? That's 100% Billie. His face shape, his hair, the tattoo on his chest. The smile is what really gives it aways for me. Only Billie has that kind of smile. :wub:

I can see how you might not be able to tell right off the bat, though, what with the angle and shadow. You are not a terrible fan! Lol

Reveal hidden contents

^^^Oh my god that is the cutest shit ever! :wub::wub::wub:

I won’t say you’re wrong but I’m not convinced. That doesn’t look like Billie’s tattoos, it looks like a shadow on the right and the tie Kevin wears on the left. I don’t see the “be silently drawn” tattoo. And his hair looks too straight and his face too thin. I’m not 100% but the more I look at it the more I think it’s Kevin.

I really think that's Kevin haha. He has a chin for one thing. Also not seeing any chest tattoos. What show was it? All you have to do is check other pictures from it to see what clothing/necklaces they were wearing to confirm.

59 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I won’t say you’re wrong but I’m not convinced. That doesn’t look like Billie’s tattoos, it looks like a shadow on the right and the tie Kevin wears on the left. I don’t see the “be silently drawn” tattoo. And his hair looks too straight and his face too thin. I’m not 100% but the more I look at it the more I think it’s Kevin.

Oh, wow.  Here I was going to tell you that you were crazy, but now I think you're right.  Now I feel like a bad Billie/Kevin fan.  I totally thought it was Billie at first and was going to joke about David trying to steal Kevin's man. :lol:

Well crap... who knew they looked so much alike?!? I'll give Kevin some love. He's a good lookin' dude.

I think David squeezing Kevin's face makes it look like Billie's chubby cheeks.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Kevin. It does look like Billie at first glance though. Is this why they started wearing matching shirts - to confuse the fuck out of us.:lol:

It's funny because when we first found out who was in the Longshot, I found it amusing that they all had dark hair. With Green Day, we were used to one black-haired guy, one blonde-haired guy and one blue-haired guy (in the RevRad era at least). So with the Longshot, I remember thinking "Hey, they're matching" (well, kind of anyway). I didn't think that would be causing problems further down the line lol.:lol:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I really think that's Kevin haha. He has a chin for one thing. Also not seeing any chest tattoos. What show was it? All you have to do is check other pictures from it to see what clothing/necklaces they were wearing to confirm.

43 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's Billie's fault for copying Kevin's shirts :P 

I was gonna say,  you could check but they were probably wearing the same thing, haha. I'm not sure what show though. I'd have guessed one of the west coast ones but Kevin hasn't had bangs on that leg.

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

It's funny because when we first found out who was in the Longshot, I found it amusing that they all had dark hair. With Green Day, we were used to one black-haired guy, one blonde-haired guy and one blue-haired guy (in the RevRad era at least). So with the Longshot, I remember thinking "Hey, they're matching" (well, kind of anyway). I didn't think that would be causing problems further down the line lol.:lol:

I'm more into black-haired Billie but I honestly think he should go blonde now, only so that we can tell which of the guys is him :lol:

• Haha 2

It's too calm in here. We have new photos of Billie, but the thread has never been so quiet.

Maybe a old photo will do the job:

b2a65de6f08143d0f3901b0e1194c586.jpg

Blond Billie with an open shirt... and closing or opening his pants? I hope he was opening! :wub:

• Love 2