The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

1 hour ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Beside the fact that «Billie» became a female name after 1880, «Billie Joe» fits him perfectly according to his full name definition. It's totally him! He should be proud that his mom gave him this name.

Billie's a little bit feminine so it's fitting that his name is too, haha.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Yeah the name itself being a hybrid of girl/boy name is a little bisexual isn’t it? 😄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah the name itself being a hybrid of girl/boy name is a little bisexual isn’t it? 😄

Yes, you are both right. I didn't think it that way. 

• Like 1

^^ why, when I put my hands in my hair like he does, it just loses volume, while in his case it regains its fluffiness. :lol: Oh well. 

On 14/06/2018 at 4:09 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Am I the only one who thinks photo 5 in goofygoldfish's post is a little creepy? He looks kinda ill or as if he's underwater or something. It's weird.:lol: 

On 14/06/2018 at 5:13 PM, gaslight13 said:

I still think he was sucking out Kevin's soul or something :lol:

I was about to ask you guys if you too think my new profile pic is a bit creepy... guess I got the answer. :P (I intend to keep it for a few days though to see if it ends up feeling more normal)

So happy for you @Green Day In Seattle ! I wish you the best night witnessing this beauty ! :wub:

(zoom on his eye :wub:)

Green-Day-20.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Wow... he's just the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. He's so perfect, I could cry. I love him so much.:wub:

Oh, you don't need to tell me twice! I feel this way every time I look at him. He's so amazing! :wub:

Here's one of my videos from the Longshot show last night. He's so gorgeous and perfect!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

These show are amazing. And the turned up collar rock n roller thing he has going on for this project.....yes :eyebrows:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Here are a few pics from the show on my Instagram. I will be uploading all of them onto my Flickr soon too and the videos to YouTube. That might be a little longer, though. UPDATE: I've uploaded all my photos on Flickr now. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lexiswildlifephotography/albums/72157697495464054

You're gifted to take pictures. :wub: All these are great

17 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love these two pics of our wonderful happy little dork.:wub: Those big beautiful eyes in the first one... so enticing.:wub: And that adorable smile (and gorgeous eye wrinkles) in the second one - he is absolutely glowing. I love seeing my boy this happy.:wub:

Wow... he's just the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. He's so perfect, I could cry. I love him so much.:wub:

You're making me cry :cry:

^^ And the teeth on the first one :wub: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love that he changed "count the circles round my eyes" to "count the wrinkles round my eyes" in that performance of Stay the Night.:wub:

Yes! I liked how he did that too. :lol: And when he sang "and we can watch the stars under the Seattle sky tonight". God, when he did that it just made me melt! :wub: Not to mention I was already pretty melted just from the heat of the club, so that's saying something! Lol

3 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

You're gifted to take pictures. :wub: All these are great

Awww, thank you! :blush: It was amazing to be that close to him! :wub: 

I was riding the high of the show and seeing Billie all of yesterday, but this morning I had the inevitable crash. I woke up and just missed him so much it hurt, I actually cried! Haha. I always feel like I'll never get to see him again or experience being so close to him. :cry: I know I will almost certainly get the opportunity again to see him at some point, but there is always this voice in the back of my mind that's like "You'll never see him or The Longshot or Green Day again. This was the last time you will get to see him or be this close to him." :cry: It's so hard to fight it and it just makes me really sad and depressed, even though I know that's not true. It helps a lot to talk about it here, though.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I was riding the high of the show and seeing Billie all of yesterday, but this morning I had the inevitable crash. I woke up and just missed him so much it hurt, I actually cried! Haha. I always feel like I'll never get to see him again or experience being so close to him. :cry: I know I will almost certainly get the opportunity again to see him at some point, but there is always this voice in the back of my mind that's like "You'll never see him or The Longshot or Green Day again. This was the last time you will get to see him or be this close to him." :cry: It's so hard to fight it and it just makes me really sad and depressed, even though I know that's not true. It helps a lot to talk about it here, though.

I had a similar crash after my shows. I feel your pain :hug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

If my memory serves me

Right.... 

Anyone else start singing along when they read that 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 1:47 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yes! I liked how he did that too. :lol: And when he sang "and we can watch the stars under the Seattle sky tonight". God, when he did that it just made me melt! :wub: Not to mention I was already pretty melted just from the heat of the club, so that's saying something! Lol

You'll see him again! And just think of all the great memories and pics and vids you have to revisit now you've had this great experience, so much awesomeness to enjoy looking back on. Really glad you got to see them after you thought you wouldn't get to btw, I love it when everything works out in the end!

Does anyone else find it weird to see him at some big grand event like the Grammys or RnR Hall of Fame after seeing him joking around and not like a rock god at all etc at a small show? It's really hard to put the two contrasting images of him together, and it's like how is it possible I was I so close to that person? :lol: 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Does anyone else find it weird to see him at some big grand event like the Grammys or RnR Hall of Fame after seeing him joking around and not like a rock god at all etc at a small show? It's really hard to put the two contrasting images of him together, and it's like how is it possible I was I so close to that person? :lol: 

😲 I hadn’t thought of that but you’re right. It doesn’t seem like the same person at all. In a similar way I sometimes look at him now and think this is the same person from Woodstock and Jaded in Chicago and that also seems weird. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😲 I hadn’t thought of that but you’re right. It doesn’t seem like the same person at all. In a similar way I sometimes look at him now and think this is the same person from Woodstock and Jaded in Chicago and that also seems weird. 

Yes exactly, any important or iconic event. It's just so weird to think of him in front of you giggling with his bandmates or ruffling his hair or whatever when watching anything like that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yes exactly, any important or iconic event. It's just so weird to think of him in front of you giggling with his bandmates or ruffling his hair or whatever when watching anything like that.

That’s what makes me the saddest about the longshot thing ending. Now that I’ve had a taste of that closeness without the distance that comes when someone’s a mega star, it seems horrible to go back. 

On 6/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Yep, I feel this. Even two weeks later. Not sure how I’m gonna deal with the distance of a GD Show now. 

• Like 2

I kind of enjoy it :lol:, it's funny and I can think "I touched that guy hehehe". Plus there's always the high probability of seeing him again at the next GD tour even if it isn't quite as close. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I kind of enjoy it :lol:, it's funny and I can think "I touched that guy hehehe". Plus there's always the high probability of seeing him again at the next GD tour even if it isn't quite as close. 

Even if it's only a few more feet (If you're lucky) it's still nowhere near the same. I'm happy to see him regardless but I'm not looking forward to adjusting back. 

I understand all of you when you're talking about how great it was to get closer to Billie during the Longshot tour. I really want to experience this again. I'm happy when I can go to GD concerts, even if I was far away from the stage 2 of the 3 times. I would have loved to be right in front of Billie during the Longshot concert, but I'm still happy to have been able to be there at all. 

And I want to meet him once and for all. All the times I tried, the closer I got was him being inside his tour bus each time. And the hotel in Toronto last summer of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

Even if it's only a few more feet (If you're lucky) it's still nowhere near the same. I'm happy to see him regardless but I'm not looking forward to adjusting back. 

I see it more as before I hadn't got to be close to him, and now I have and I'll always have had that experience and know what it's like forever. Like I "achieved" the goal and anything else in the future is a bonus. Depends how you look at it I guess. It was intense because I saw my first ever GD show and then only one week later I was suddenly seeing FBHT with 24 hours notice and being right up close to Billie, and then I was ill (the most ill I've been in my life) for two weeks with bad flu that I caught there being delirious with fever dreams and stuff so the whole thing was like a crazy dream. I guess I can't imagine how anything could ever equal that so I don't even consider the possibility. Of course seeing Billie/GD etc in a small setting again would be awesome though, wouldn't say no to a London Longshot show.

• Like 2

My friend and I were talking about the particular endorphin rush you get with the right pain/pleasure mix to make it particularly addicting. I was saying how bruised I was after these shows and how uncomfortable it got at times but at the same time I would do it again in a minute. While you’re enjoying the music the pain gives your endorphins a boost so after you crash and then later want it again. After the DC show I couldn’t wait for the Philly show and after that I was a little depressed even though I got beat to hell.  Now I’ve forgotten the pain completely and just want to go again. But as I was saying I think it’s a chemical thing, similar to tattoos (a fee months after I get one I want another).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Right.... 

Anyone else start singing along when they read that 😂

The irony is, I wanted to write "right" but I went too fast without checking my writing and forgot it :lol:

5 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

That’s what makes me the saddest about the longshot thing ending. Now that I’ve had a taste of that closeness without the distance that comes when someone’s a mega star, it seems horrible to go back. 

Yep, I feel this. Even two weeks later. Not sure how I’m gonna deal with the distance of a GD Show now. 

It was special to be extremely close to Billie but as for big arenas GD shows, personally I'm sure I won't have a big problem enjoying big arenas GD shows as much as before; seeing how some of you feel makes me sad, I would prefer not to be in (what seems to be) the minority of us, when having no real issue with the small club / big show distance gap. I mean, as to see the glass as half full, I think it could be great, when seeing Billie from a little further at the next GD show, to cherish the memory that we've followed him into a small club and been standing very close to him, and that we wanted it so hard and made it, and that it was exceptional. I believe I could get even more excited for future shows thinking that way, because I am happy and grateful to have got that close to him, I feel so lucky and overwhelmed and I just want to see Billie again, the urge is still there and probably stronger but somehow less painful, so for me now it doesn't matter that much in which kind of venue, precisely because I've got to know the small one and that is no more unknown for me. As long as Billie is playing some place I'll be able to attend and that I do my best to have a sight as good as possible, as I've always done so far, I'm sure I'll feel all right.

Hoping what I just wrote helps, someone please help me too, I gave a shot to buy a ticket for the Santa Ana show and I got one :runaround:and I don't know what to do. I'm ready to liquidate all my savings on that one except I'm not supposed to be on holiday that week. Shall I buy the whole trip and put my bosses in front of the fait accompli, or ask them permission and take the risk that they say no? (I have more than a week of paid leave overdue but still... I'm afraid that the closeness with my last trip may be a problem.) Holy crap, if I go to California I'll definitely make a stop to Oakland as well. That only thought excites me as much as the gig... :runaround:

• Like 3