The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

Finally we get to see the Rev Rad tattoo, although hopefully we'll get better glimpses of it this summer!! And I love that selfie on the Longshot Instagram :wub:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Hey, here's something super relevant to the title of this thread. It's been basically like two years since I've been on here. I didn't listen to Green Day at all or have any association with them besides seeing them on the RevRad tour when they came to Washington. I haven't even listened to that album yet... :S

I just recently started listing to Green Day again and came back here because I was remembering how much I love them... especially Billie. Falling back in love with his voice, his face, all of his habits and quirks. But now I'm scared that he'll drag me back in. I'm starting to feel the intensity of my feelings rise again and it's painful to a certain degree. :mellow: I've got to live my life, work on my career path, and find a real boy. Billie is real of course, but obviously not in reach or possible (and 19 years older than me and that also feels weird), which is part of why it hurts - the longing. It's like he's some kind of monster that if you look at it, you're just trapped. I take one look or hear his voice and I'm just like "Oh no..."

I mean, I'm having trouble even getting to sleep right now because of this and I have to get up early for work tomorrow morning.

Anyway, there's a fangirl confession for you guys. Don't know if I said too much or if it makes any sense at all, but if anyone has anything to say about this, feel free. I just had to get it out somewhere with other crazy GD fans.

You're welcome! And yes, we are other crazy GD fans! :D

Billie is 24 years older than me and I'm also in love with someone (in my daily life) who's 35 years older than me (and is not with me). Love is for losers!

I'm totally with you on the trap thing with BIllie. I looked at him once, listened to his voice once and it was over. :lol: But on the contrary to you, I don't think I've ever felt like I was scared about that. I'm mean, it does scare the shit out of me sometimes because I'm totally crazy about him and everybody agrees I'm crazy, but I've always been crazy and it's a good thing that it's about him. Moreover, he has brought me so much in the past 2 years since I've discovered the band, even when I feel extremely awkward for being such a fangirl which I would never have imagined myself to be before, every day reminds me of how much Billie has brought to me. Till the end of my life, he will be most precious to me. I never thought I could run away from that. And I don't think that fandom turns me away from my daily life, in my case, on the contrary he helps me to be a better, stronger and more joyful person, with joy in my daily life and hope for the upcoming (after my teenage years which were chaotic). So maybe it's because Billie is my savior that I never thought of calming down the intensity of my feelings for me. The monster got me for good :ga: and deep in my heart I know it's for the better. :wub: 

Edited by Kuromignonne
I wrote savor instead of savior, lol
  • Like 4

On 4/5/2018 at 6:22 PM, Nightlife said:

The nickname Pocket Rocket still amuses me. 

Pocket Rocket is the nickname of Henri Richard, the younger brother of Maurice Richard who was nicknamed The Rocket. Both of them played professionnal hockey for the Montreal's Canadians hockey club. (Sorry for the out of topic informations)

On 5/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, Montclare said:

I'll take Billie and dogs instead. :)

The dog looks like he wants to say «Billie, you're squeezing me!»

6 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Hey, here's something super relevant to the title of this thread. It's been basically like two years since I've been on here. I didn't listen to Green Day at all or have any association with them besides seeing them on the RevRad tour when they came to Washington. I haven't even listened to that album yet... :S

I just recently started listing to Green Day again and came back here because I was remembering how much I love them... especially Billie. Falling back in love with his voice, his face, all of his habits and quirks. But now I'm scared that he'll drag me back in. I'm starting to feel the intensity of my feelings rise again and it's painful to a certain degree. :mellow: I've got to live my life, work on my career path, and find a real boy. Billie is real of course, but obviously not in reach or possible (and 19 years older than me and that also feels weird), which is part of why it hurts - the longing. It's like he's some kind of monster that if you look at it, you're just trapped. I take one look or hear his voice and I'm just like "Oh no..."

I mean, I'm having trouble even getting to sleep right now because of this and I have to get up early for work tomorrow morning.

Anyway, there's a fangirl confession for you guys. Don't know if I said too much or if it makes any sense at all, but if anyone has anything to say about this, feel free. I just had to get it out somewhere with other crazy GD fans.

I understand you. Billie is 15 years older then me. I can't stop thinking about him. He is an obsession. When I was a kid, I didn't know what was GD neither did I understand english at all. But I liked the songs on the radio. As a teenager, GD became a band that I liked, but Billie was scaring me. He was everything I wanted to hate in somebody. I didn't understand why I was loving him and GD. And also I was more into another band at the time (well, I still do in a way, but it's hard to do when the band in question broke up in 2001). Thinking about it, I guess at one point I tried to push away GD out of my mind. Anyway, as a young  adult, I started to get interested in Billie's history. The more I discovered him, the more I understand him and the more I love him. Never judge a book by its cover. Seeing GD live for the first time in 2010 blew me away.  It's kind of a turning point. That's when I understood I love Billie because I relate to him a lot. 

Billie is an inspiration to me, a role model. He brings me so much joy in my life. I don't want to make a long post about it. Instead, I will just say this: he makes me feel confortable with who I am. I'm not failure and I will never let somebody again intimidates me. I will create my own path as a artist (costumes designer, cosplayer) even if I've ADD, live with depressive episodes regulary and act awkward socially. Billie doesn't know me. I never met him in fact. But I would love to meet him just to tell him all about how he makes me feel and how thankfull I am. I still feel weird about the letter I wrote him and the gift I made last summer. I hoped to somehow give them to Billie in Toronto when I went to see GD in concert. Luckily, my friend and I came accross Mike and his bodyguard in front of the hotel GD were staying after the concert while we were going back to our hotel. The bodyguard took what I wanted to give, but I'm pretty sure it ended in the garbage. Nevertheless, I love to think that it might have been Billie visiting my public Facebook account the day after in the beginning of the afternoon (I did write the link in my letter and it was the only visitor after 2 weeks of nothing, followed by 2 other weeks of nothing).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I love all of your heartfelt posts about your Billie addictions and I can relate to parts of all of them ❤️❤️❤️

Now I have a light-hearted question for all of you. What was it like the first time you came across the masturbation/moaning videos? I came across them on YouTube when I first became interested in 2016 and I remember sweating, heart palpitations, and lightheadedness. I remember that was the time that I said to myself “That is one fucking sexy man” and my interest turned to obsession. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

@Green Day In Seattle I feel you too. He's working his magic on all of us. I thought I'd be too old to fangirl when I turned 30, but on the contrary. It keeps getting worse:lol: I've loved Green Day and especially Billie for half of my life now, but I've never felt closer to him than I do now (I think all the social media stuff is adding to it, plus he's getting more and more beautiful and amazing and stunning with every single day; he's feeding our addiction). Yeah it's not so nice to feel like a freak sometimes, but hey, that's what we are here for, we're all freaks. :)

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I literally walked out of the arena and said to my poor suffering husband, “Honey I’m leaving you for Billie Joe Armstrong.” (His reponse: “I think he’s taken.”)

OMG I love his reaction! :lol::lol: Being the husband of a fangirl can be hard, I guess. I went to a Green Day show in Austria on our wedding anniversary last year (without him). Call me a bad wife, but you gotta set your priorities, right? :P. Here's a toast to all our brave husbands or boyfriends!

• Like 4

I'm addicted to Billie and GD, too! When I get home from work I look for GD news/check their Instagrams/ check GDC. As Rev Rad was my 1st GD era, I didn't expect to be this addicted to GD during their break, but I feel the need to check for GD news in case something happens and I miss it. And GD always make me smile regardless of whether I've had a good or bad day. 

• Like 3

OMG :wub: I think I just found one of the most perfect recent bellie glimpses (around 30:10)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, heathenchemist said:

OMG :wub: I think I just found one of the most perfect recent bellie glimpses (around 30:10)

:wub::wub: 

(that video title is misleading considering Devil's Kind isn't from the Albany show and it looks like they ripped off Admiral Needa's videos, but maybe not.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amberwhite said:

Now THAT'S what a rock star is supposed to look like! 

ffsflkjadjs;jjdumyumyum:wub:

• Haha 2

I really appreciate what everyone has said in response to my post up there. It means a lot to be in good company on here. I guess we all have our ways of dealing with the obsession. I've been through this before and I can get through it again. It helps knowing that all of you are with me.

But seriously, this Billie is a monster! Not even one day after I decided to come back, my dreams are invaded again! Back when there was still a signature feature on these forums, my famous title was "Queen of the Green Day Dreams Thread". I guess that may become a reality again. Fuck you, Billie (JK I love you :wub:). But damn! Can't even catch a break in my dreams. When the love for him comes back, it comes with a vengeance. :mellow:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

[...] Not a day has gone by since that first show that I haven’t either thought of him, listened to Green Day or a side project, looked at photos, videos, or talked to other fans about him. I don’t regret a minute of it but he is an addiction no doubt. 💕💕💕 And this was even before I knew what a special person he was and his personal struggles and how affectionate he is with his family and friends and the way he wants to connect to fans and his raw honesty and openness and the way he gives back to his community and to charities and I could go on.  Before I knew any of that something drew me in that I can’t explain.

^^ :wub: For me not a day has gone without looking at Billie related stuff since the first time I saw a thing of him on the internet. I think it was the 21 Guns video. And my obsession suddenly started at that moment, before I knew anything about him. And I too had other few crushes before among celebrities but not like this. I've never been very interested in knowing their past, struggles, personality. But for Billie, I immediately started to read biography, interviews, etc... I wanted to get into him as much as possible, like a visceral need. :P

19 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

He is an obsession. When I was a kid, I didn't know what was GD neither did I understand english at all. But I liked the songs on the radio. As a teenager, GD became a band that I liked, but Billie was scaring me. He was everything I wanted to hate in somebody. I didn't understand why I was loving him and GD.

[...] I understood I love Billie because I relate to him a lot. 

[...] Billie doesn't know me. I never met him in fact. But I would love to meet him just to tell him all about how he makes me feel and how thankfull I am. I still feel weird about the letter I wrote him and the gift I made last summer. I hoped to somehow give them to Billie in Toronto when I went to see GD in concert. Luckily, my friend and I came accross Mike and his bodyguard in front of the hotel GD were staying after the concert while we were going back to our hotel. The bodyguard took what I wanted to give, but I'm pretty sure it ended in the garbage. Nevertheless, I love to think that it might have been Billie visiting my public Facebook account the day after in the beginning of the afternoon (I did write the link in my letter and it was the only visitor after 2 weeks of nothing, followed by 2 other weeks of nothing).

^^ :wub: Knowing the teenager I used to be, I would perhaps have been scared of Billie too if I had discovered his existence before. (Well, he still has scared me sometimes, like at the first gig I went to last year, when he was screaming "jump, jump, jump" in a desperate way, while I was already half dead of suffocation and absolutely didn't want the people surrounding me to jump :lol: but this is an example of things I overcame : the next 2 gigs, I was still half dead during the show but the fear had left, while after the first time, I thought I was never going to be able to survive another one. But inspired by Billie, I believed in myself and it went fine the 2 following times. :wub:)

Thinking of your present for Billie, it does make sense that he was the one to visit your Facebook page (the day when you'll get to meet Billie in person you will be able to ask him ;)), and moreover why would the bodyguard have thrown your present away? It's not so much of a big deal to give it to Billie instead (after checking there's nothing dangerous).

18 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I love all of your heartfelt posts about your Billie addictions and I can relate to parts of all of them ❤️❤️❤️

Now I have a light-hearted question for all of you. What was it like the first time you came across the masturbation/moaning videos? I came across them on YouTube when I first became interested in 2016 and I remember sweating, heart palpitations, and lightheadedness. I remember that was the time that I said to myself “That is one fucking sexy man” and my interest turned to obsession. 

When I was just starting to discover Green Day and checking out as much stuff as I could, inevitably I fell on a moaning/masturbation video at some point. I was already obsessed by Billie, and a bit shocked :P to see what he as doing, but yeah it was so sexy that I started looking of other videos of that type not long after... (good thing we're in the confessions thread :lol:!)

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I showed him the video of Billie falling into the crowd at the Pheonix show 

Don't think I've seen it, can you post a link to this video?

• Like 1

It was after I saw BIAB that I discovered he first started doing the masturbation thing on the Pop Disaster tour (as a way to one up Blink I believe, there was so much competition on that tour to upstage one another). Then it really peaked (pun intended) during AI 🤤 😱

@Kuromignonne 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Also remember being struck by how sexual/risque he is on stage in general, you wouldn't really know that from GD's public image. Still kind of weird that he isn't known for that the way many other performers who act sexy are, he's known for being good looking and a good frontman but the way he gets down on stage has never really been acknowledged outside the fandom. Certainly helped increase my obsession :D 

Good point, everyone acknowledges they are a great live band and he's one of the best frontmen of every but you see little mention of how sexy/naughty/risqué he is.  Makes me wonder if many music journalist are hetero males?!  I often think way too many photographers are, why can't they understand we need to see the gorgeousness, forget the fancy effects :lol::lol:

• Haha 2