The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

3 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

I'm a rough boy round the edges 

Im not fully understanding the new  rules am I allow to continue with this or what:confused:

1 minute ago, SHART said:

Im not fully understanding the new  rules am I allow to continue with this or what:confused:

Sure, as long as you fangirl about it :wub:

Billie Joe is so hawt 😁

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Aw, he can’t keep his hands off Tre’s crotch :lol:

ETA: Ooh found the whole clip! He grabs Mikes too!

Curse the person whose hands obstructed our view of him grabbing Mike, haha. Did he kiss the side of his face there too? Billie clearly missed his bandmates :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SHART said:

So PUNK

1 hour ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

I'm a rough boy round the edges 

You know the reason the old thread was closed was because of spamming/constant posting that made the thread really hard to follow right?

This isn't a spam thread and the posts don't have to keep coming relentlessly every minute of the day. It's already been 4 pages in a day just from (mostly) fangirling. Can everyone please remember to not treat it like a spam thread that needs to be kept going constantly, and to hold back from posting if you don't have a worthwhile and on topic comment to add. 

I can tell you that the team as a whole was not happy with the thread the way it was, and it's going to end up being closed if it carries on that way. I don't know how I can make it any clearer. I personally really enjoy this thread (especially when people don't make it unfollowable with spam/unnecessary posts) and would hate to see it go so a bit of effort to change posting habits instead of just adding mocking comments would be nice.

• Like 2

I'd have just repeated "FUCK THE RULES" if this was only about me, but I don't want to ruin the fun for people who want to post here, I don't want to fuck this up for them but, I can't help not adding my two cents.

1, Why should it be a problem to have 1 (one) active thread on the forum. Other threads hardly get updated. Is it really such a big problem that we have one ongoing conversation?

2, This isn't the first time we've been asked to use other threads for conversations we have here - namely it were the picture threads and the revealed thread - we did, and all that getting happened was that we were reprimanded for too much talking in the picture threads so often that we eventually stopped using them. It annoyed people who were looking for pictures and I can't blame them. It didn't work. It was bad. This is bound to happen again. So what exactly do you want us to do? Because this looks like a very polite way to tell us to shut up.

3, We were advised to use pm. I currently have two of them going - there clearly is a limit for the number of people that can participate, so this isn't a solution either.

If the team doesn't want this thread here, it's ok to say so. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

I'd have just repeated "FUCK THE RULES" if this was only about me, but I don't want to ruin the fun for people who want to post here, I don't want to fuck this up for them but, I can't help not adding my two cents.

1, Why should it be a problem to have 1 (one) active thread on the forum. Other threads hardly get updated. Is it really such a big problem that we have one ongoing conversation?

2, This isn't the first time we've been asked to use other threads for conversations we have here - namely it were the picture threads and the revealed thread - we did, and all that getting happened was that we were reprimanded for too much talking in the picture threads so often that we eventually stopped using them. It annoyed people who were looking for pictures and I can't blame them. It didn't work. It was bad. This is bound to happen again. So what exactly do you want us to do? Because this looks like a very polite way to tell us to shut up.

3, We were advised to use pm. I currently have two of them going - there clearly is a limit for the number of people that can participate, so this isn't a solution either.

If the team doesn't want this thread here, it's ok to say so. 

I don't know where the idea of being entitled to spam without restraint suddenly came from? This thread has existed for years with people using it for what it's intended for. When it's just a fangirls thread without unnecessary spam/off topic posts I love it, and I think it's a fun place for new members, and I recognise that pretty much everyone who posts here contributes loads of great posts to GDC, so I'm always the first to defend it. But over recent months it's become extremely hard to follow so we want to make sure that just like in any other thread posts are on topic and worthwhile so that anyone who visits it can enjoy it and not just the few people involved in a spam convo. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

1. It's not a problem for the thread to be active with worthwhile fangirling posts. It's a problem for it to be active with off topic discussions (ie every general thing about GD), and throwaway spam posts made for no other reason than keeping the thread going without a break. If it keeps going because people have some quality fangirling posts to make then great, if it keeps going because of useless posts made for the sake of it it's just pointless and horrible to try and read.

2. I've really never seen reprimanding in the revealed thread, I think a reasonable amount of picture-less posts are usually tolerated? I have trouble believing that between the picture threads, insta thread, and here where a pretty reasonable amount of photos have been allowed that anyone hasn't been able to sufficiently express their thoughts about a photo. And everyone here is certainly free to post in all the other threads about non fangirling subjects, most do already so I don't see any reason why every subject should need to be discussed in this one thread.

3. The limit is unfortunate, but like, it would be shame if all the fangirl posts were hidden in a PM :P. It's cool that extra/unmoderated comments can be shared there among a few people and I'm glad you've taken advantage of it but are you really so censored that you can't have a decent amount of fangirling conversation here? 

I want this thread here. I don't want it to become an unfollowable spam thread, it's as simple as that. With a wee bit of restraint and effort to make sure posts are on topic and worthwhile it can carry on being a fun thread for everyone. 

10 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

This was the only lively thread left on GDC... now it’s getting censored. Boo, sayonara 

It literally isn't lol. Fangirling is welcome. Spamming and having off topic conversations isn't welcome. Only difference is there used to be less of the latter so we didn't have to keep saying it. The fangirls thread should be for fangirling and not mindless spam or discussing every GD topic - what a crazy concept.

Can I also say the thread has mostly been perfectly fine since it reopened, mostly just people fangirling and no issue with that. I'm just addressing the questions and snide comments.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It literally isn't lol. Fangirling is welcome. Spamming and having off topic conversations isn't welcome. Only difference is there used to be less of the latter so we didn't have to keep saying it. The fangirls thread should be for fangirling and not mindless spam or discussing every GD topic - what a crazy concept.

Can I also say the thread has mostly been perfectly fine since it reopened, mostly just people fangirling and no issue with that. I'm just addressing the questions and snide comments.

What is an example of something deemed not “welcome”. Spam isnt a good descriptor

• Like 2

Just now, Schlappy said:

What is an example of something deemed not “welcome”. Spam isnt a good descriptor

Conversation. This forum is so dead people forgot how conversation looks like. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

Conversation. This forum is so dead people forgot how conversation looks like. 

No conversation, only fangirling! No pictures or talking about green day though.  Only heart emojis ❤️

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't know where the idea of being entitled to spam without restraint suddenly came from? This thread has existed for years with people using it for what it's intended for. When it's just a fangirls thread without unnecessary spam/off topic posts I love it, and I think it's a fun place for new members, and I recognise that pretty much everyone who posts here contributes loads of great posts to GDC, so I'm always the first to defend it. But over recent months it's become extremely hard to follow so we want to make sure that just like in any other thread posts are on topic and worthwhile so that anyone who visits it can enjoy it and not just the few people involved in a spam convo. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

1. It's not a problem for the thread to be active with worthwhile fangirling posts. It's a problem for it to be active with off topic discussions (ie every general thing about GD), and throwaway spam posts made for no other reason than keeping the thread going without a break. If it keeps going because people have some quality fangirling posts to make then great, if it keeps going because of useless posts made for the sake of it it's just pointless and horrible to try and read.

2. I've really never seen reprimanding in the revealed thread, I think a reasonable amount of picture-less posts are usually tolerated? I have trouble believing that between the picture threads, insta thread, and here where a pretty reasonable amount of photos have been allowed that anyone hasn't been able to sufficiently express their thoughts about a photo. And everyone here is certainly free to post in all the other threads about non fangirling subjects, most do already so I don't see any reason why every subject should need to be discussed in this one thread.

3. The limit is unfortunate, but like, it would be shame if all the fangirl posts were hidden in a PM :P. It's cool that extra/unmoderated comments can be shared there among a few people and I'm glad you've taken advantage of it but are you really so censored that you can't have a decent amount of fangirling conversation here? 

I want this thread here. I don't want it to become an unfollowable spam thread, it's as simple as that. With a wee bit of restraint and effort to make sure posts are on topic and worthwhile it can carry on being a fun thread for everyone. 

1. I'm not saying we didn't make any spammy posts, we did. But you seem to be mistaking normal, enjoyable conversation and spam.

2. We got of a lot of complaints for talking in the BJA thread and in the end we were asked to stop. It will happen again. That, I can tell you :P The idea that pictures should go to the picture thread is good, but it doesn't work. It always gets out of hand.

3. We're not THAT censored, but we are consored enough that quite a lot of people say they aren't sure what they're allowed to post/if to post at all.

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread