Green Day in 10 years?

1 hour ago, SHART said:

Did I plant that thought;)

It's actually the first thing my mum said to me after seeing them for the first time, I was in the front of the pit and my parents were at the back because they weren't really familiar with them, they were amazed and mum said it was like looking at Green Day in ten years' time :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

King For A Day will still be a 17 minute medley of covers.

It'll be a chorus tossed into a 17-minute medley caked into Minority.

19 hours ago, T@l said:

One thing's for sure, they'll still look in their mid 20s.

I can see the reviews now "And after 40 years of making music, these twenty-five year old young men....wait, that can't be right..." 

2030.....They will probably be on Album 16.   Very exciting to think about what could be on that album.   Would probably be a good time to do a sequel to American Idiot.  :)

2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

2030.....They will probably be on Album 16.   Very exciting to think about what could be on that album.   Would probably be a good time to do a sequel to American Idiot.  :)

Zombie edition. 

I think that by 2027 Green Day will be one of the artists who are rarely at the forefront of music, but have a huge fanbase and are still able to fill stadiums. Two or three new albums will be released before then (one of them really good, the two others mediocre or worse), but tours will mostly revolve around playing older hits.

7 hours ago, NickTheToaster said:

I think that by 2027 Green Day will be one of the artists who are rarely at the forefront of music, but have a huge fanbase and are still able to fill stadiums. Two or three new albums will be released before then (one of them really good, the two others mediocre or worse), but tours will mostly revolve around playing older hits.

Arenas not stadiums sadly. 

I'm hoping I will finally see them in a club.👑

Selfishly, my favorite was the Warning era. The band was making great music (to my ears), but they were at the nadir of their popularity. They were playing small club shows all over the place, and it was a requests free-for-all.

My favorite show was 3 days after Warning was released. They played a 2 1/2 hour set of stuff WE wanted to hear, formed a band onstage called That's What She Said, and we sang to Adie for her "18th" birthday. Best of all, it only cost me train fare into Boston.

I'd be ecstatic to see them in a setting like that again.

23 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Selfishly, my favorite was the Warning era. The band was making great music (to my ears), but they were at the nadir of their popularity. They were playing small club shows all over the place, and it was a requests free-for-all.

My favorite show was 3 days after Warning was released. They played a 2 1/2 hour set of stuff WE wanted to hear, formed a band onstage called That's What She Said, and we sang to Adie for her "18th" birthday. Best of all, it only cost me train fare into Boston.

I'd be ecstatic to see them in a setting like that again.

I sang on stage at this show! Our band was called The Fuckheads!

On 10/19/2017 at 5:44 AM, Thatsername said:

I hope they will be three happy, healthy, gorgeous-looking almost-60-year-olds in 2030 who are just returning from the biggest word tour they have ever done in celebration of the 25th brithday of American Idiot in 2029 :ga:

by the time billie dies hes gonna look like hes in his 50s, 

I really hope to see them in a club or hear them playing throught an entire album like what they did with dookie but with 39/smooth or kerplunk 

30 minutes ago, Billie_joe_joe said:

by the time billie dies hes gonna look like hes in his 50s, 

You're not giving me much time mate 

1 hour ago, DJ Rosstar said:

I sang on stage at this show! Our band was called The Fuckheads!

Ah it WAS the Fuckheads! I was going back and forth in my mind about that, but TWSS seemed right. What an incredible night.

1 hour ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

:lol: He’ll just look like he’s in his fifties, but he’ll actually be 102. 😉

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

:lol: He’ll just look like he’s in his fifties, but he’ll actually be 102. 😉

It's year 2081, BJA passes away at age 109 in a freak crowd-surfing accident.
News Headline reads: "Rockstar dead at age 55".

**He has to live to at least 109 because that gets me into my 90s and I figure I'll be too senile to remember who he is by then, haha. Anything earlier is unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

It's year 2081, BJA passes away at age 109 in a freak crowd-surfing accident.
News Headline reads: "Rockstar dead at age 55".

**He has to live to at least 109 because that gets me into my 90s and I figure I'll be too senile to remember who he is by then, haha. Anything earlier is unacceptable.

😂😂😂 Now you got me picturing Billie crowd surfing at 109 

(and the rule is he can’t die before me 😉)

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wish he wouldn't die before me, but that's virtually impossible (unless I'm in an accident/get an illness) because he's 29 years older than me. He'd have to live to about 125 to outlive me.:lol:

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😂😂😂 Now you got me picturing Billie crowd surfing at 109 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that if Billie could choose how he gets to die, diving into the crowd at a live show after he's lived a very long life would be near the top of his list. So if he makes it that long (he better) then he should crowd surf at every show and just see what happens. 

(Fine by me, as long as you plan to live another 65 or so years because I want to be good an senile.) 

To bring this back on topic, 10 years will be virtually nothing in terms of change since they're all gonna play for another 60+.

On 31 October 2017 at 3:29 AM, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

You've picked up some Aussie lingo there BJ 🙃

Archived