Green Day in 10 years?

If we flash forwarded to 2030 what do you think Green Day will sound like then? Sure they would be grandparents by then but LOL they started as hyper teens and now they are Grammy legends. Mike did say in a documentary they won't be around forever but they will love playing until the end of time.

I think they would have slower and less instrumental music like Time of Your Life and Still Breathing. And probably more Grammy wins in the future. 

Hahaha but hey correct me if I'm wrong what do you think?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie-Joe goes chasing aliens and Tre & Mike continue the band with that guy from Alkaline Trio

30 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Billie-Joe goes chasing aliens and Tre & Mike continue the band with that guy from Alkaline Trio

Seems legit.

I love the quote from Billie saying he wants to be like those old blues guys when hed older and by 2013 hell be pushing 60. Itll be interesting to see that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Jollyroger118 said:

I love the quote from Billie saying he wants to be like those old blues guys when hed older and by 2013 hell be pushing 60. Itll be interesting to see that's for sure.

2013 eh :P   Damn Billie really did find the fountain if youth he started getting younger 4 years ago :lol:

They’ll only be in their 50s, still quite young really, I imagine they’ll sound pretty much the same unless something drastic happens and a mid life crisis makes them go all Bieber on us.

I hope they will be three happy, healthy, gorgeous-looking almost-60-year-olds in 2030 who are just returning from the biggest word tour they have ever done in celebration of the 25th brithday of American Idiot in 2029 :ga:

I see two options.  

Let's say in 10-15 years.

1. Green Day is given absolute retro-badass-legend status. The new records won't succeed the once they have made in the past, but they will reach the level where they can put out complete horseshit and still be considered flawless. They won't tour as much, but when they do - the stadiums will sell out.  

2.  Green Day is a band still very well known as one of those that used to be the biggest, but keeps a lower profile. Maybe they go back to their roots when it comes to playing live. They will tour the clubs, the smaller places. It's all fun and relaxed. 

I don't which one I prefer. 

I just hope that he starts writing more personal stuff again. I'd like to see the reflections of a man who's lived the rock star life and how it all must look to him now. Billies been fired up with politics again and in a way I appreciate that but I'm more interested in him as a man than his views

Honestly, I can't think that far ahead. I have today to live. Then we will see what tomorrow brings.  

3 hours ago, Signe said:

I see two options.  

Let's say in 10-15 years.

1. Green Day is given absolute retro-badass-legend status. The new records won't succeed the once they have made in the past, but they will reach the level where they can put out complete horseshit and still be considered flawless. They won't tour as much, but when they do - the stadiums will sell out.  

2.  Green Day is a band still very well known as one of those that used to be the biggest, but keeps a lower profile. Maybe they go back to their roots when it comes to playing live. They will tour the clubs, the smaller places. It's all fun and relaxed. 

I don't which one I prefer. 

I don't see option 2 happening. They've been too big for too long to lose enough fans to go down to that level. I mean they can do what they want but that would be hard to sustain financially without giving up quite a lot of the luxuries they've become accustomed to. It's expensive to tour and small venues can only pay just so much. Hopefully they do still do this on occasion though. 

22 minutes ago, Jollyroger118 said:

I just hope that he starts writing more personal stuff again. I'd like to see the reflections of a man who's lived the rock star life and how it all must look to him now. Billies been fired up with politics again and in a way I appreciate that but I'm more interested in him as a man than his views

Rev Rad (the album) was pretty personal, no? Still Breathing definitely is. He's said Somewhere Now references his sobriety, Outlaws seems like a reflection on the past and a time when they were younger, youngblood is about his wife, he's said the more personal line he's ever written was the first line of Forever Now, Too Dumb to Die is definitely reflective. There's a handful of political songs too but I'd say most of Rev Rad is personal. 

Even his political is personal. He once said that writing a political song is no different than writing a love song, that both have to come from the heart. If you want to know more about him you have to get to know his views, they’re inseparable. He writes about things that plague him, it all comes from the same emotional place.

Green Day in ten years? I’ll just be happy if they’re all still alive. No reason they wouldn’t be except as you get older you realize that tomorrow is not guaranteed and you have to live and appreciate every day.  I just want them to be happy and healthy and making the music they enjoy.

7 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

They’ll only be in their 50s, still quite young really, I imagine they’ll sound pretty much the same unless something drastic happens and a mid life crisis makes them go all Bieber on us.

Didn't that already happen in 2012 :P Midlife crisis is over 

After 10 years of making more great music, they'll make a temporary hiatus during which Billie will be the President of the US and save the day. After that, Green Day back to business for a 16th record, in killer shape as always!

Lol, actually I have no idea :P I only believe, whatever they're at, they'll continue to be sexy and happy. Billie still wearing eyeliner and dying his hair in black. :wub:

I'd love if they kept making music together into old age and beyond. But by 2030? Two to three albums feels like a reasonable hope.

On 10/19/2017 at 12:25 AM, missmiley said:

If we flash forwarded to 2030 what do you think Green Day will sound like then? Sure they would be grandparents by then but LOL they started as hyper teens and now they are Grammy legends. Mike did say in a documentary they won't be around forever but they will love playing until the end of time.

I think they would have slower and less instrumental music like Time of Your Life and Still Breathing. And probably more Grammy wins in the future. 

Hahaha but hey correct me if I'm wrong what do you think?

Considering that Queen, Rush, Styx, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and many others are still touring right up to or into their 70's, I think it's entirely possible that they're still kicking in 2030. Might be as more of a "greatest hits" touring band by that point, but I expect they'll still be around and at least periodically putting out new music here and there.

I tend to side with those who believe that Pandora, iHeartRadio and iTunes are going to kill the album as we know it, and while that would suck, I think bands in general will have an easier time staying around if the expectation shifts from a coherent record to a collection of six or seven unrelated singles.

Let's hope they're not going to follow Queen's path. I'd like all three of them to be alive in their 70s. 

If any of those services were going to kill the album it would've happened by now. I mean, they kind of have for pop artists, but there's a reason vinyl is making a comeback. Lots of people out there want to hear at least some records as albums. And Green Day will still want to follow that format regardless of trends. 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:24 AM, Jollyroger118 said:

To be honest, after thinking about this, I'd really be interested in hearing something from him kind of like Johnny Cash's Hurt. Though maybe that's a bit too sad. 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:51 AM, Scattered Wreck said:

Honestly, I can't think that far ahead. I have today to live. Then we will see what tomorrow brings.  

Really, truly, this.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:49 PM, Zebahar said:

In 10 years, I predict at least one of them will stop dying their hair

And go natural, hmm,... i Can't imagine that. ;)

Would it be to much to hope for some pink, green, and/or blue in the future? :dance:

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

They'll sound like Stiff Little Fingers do now :P

Did I plant that thought;)

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

King For A Day will still be a 17 minute medley of covers.

This is the only certain thing:sick:

Archived