Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

6 hours ago, kaylubd said:

It amazes me that people can turn any nonsense into an article. It reminds me of those articles that proclaim X BAND'S NEXT ALBUM and they managed to make an entire story about an Instagram post where the band says they'll be hitting up the studio soon. Dumb.

Agreed, and everyone has gotta have their spin on it so I’m getting like 800 google alerts a day now, haha. I read one that said it had to be a pencil eyeliner because that’s clearly what Billie uses (That’s all I’ve seen him use). Then another said it’s definitely liquid liner (which based on the packaging I’d guess is true and bums me out personally). They’re just making stuff up though. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Montclare said:

The "8 other guys" article ties with this one as stupidest on the subject.  Haven't heard from Green Day since 2000?  Ever hear of an album called American Idiot?  You know, when they were at their height of fame?

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/177214/kat-von-d-green-day-eyeliner

I'm laughing so hard at this. Yep, this is what's bringing Green Day back into pop culture. Not American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown, not their triumphant return with Rev Rad. This. An eyeliner partnership that will only get noticed by Green Day fans and the make up world. 

5 hours ago, Montclare said:

The "8 other guys" article ties with this one as stupidest on the subject.  Haven't heard from Green Day since 2000?  Ever hear of an album called American Idiot?  You know, when they were at their height of fame?

The last time we heard the name Green Day, it was probably the summer of 2000 and we were at Warped Tour in the middle of a mosh pot. Since then, the punk rock band that fueled our teenage angst years has sadly stayed out of pop culture — well, until today. If the person who wrote this article is a TV and pop journalist, didn't she hear about any of the numerous TV and diverse music show appearances of the band during the last 17 years, until Global Citizen just a month ago? :P

(This was popularly referred to as "guyliner." Luckily that phrase has since gone extinct.) Why do I have the impression of some kind of irony?

Now, it looks like this launch will pair Armstrong's recognizable look with Von D's talent Billie didn't have that look yet in 2000! She presumably hasn't heard of Green Day but she has seen pictures of Billie, that's for sure :lol:

12 hours ago, Montclare said:

The person who wrote the article clearly wasn't living on Earth between 2000 and now. Seriously? That's an incompetent journalist. American Idiot is like one of the biggest album of the 2000s, Grammy winner, and Rolling Stone magazine said Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the best song between 2000 and 2010. And the list can go on and on.

I can't get over how ridiculous that article is :lol:, they literally must've not been on earth/in a coma/have amnesia to be aware of Green Day and be able to reference them on the Warped Tour but not American Idiot. Like how?!

Omg that article, I'm crying :lol: summer of 2000?? A typo would be one thing, but the mention of Warped Tour suggests they genuinely think no one has heard from Green Day since then. The multiple Grammys and VMAs and Broadway musical must have passed them by :tired: 

"sadly stayed out of pop culture" - I can't

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m just gonna leave this here:

http://diffuser.fm/sex-pistols-influence/

Nobody was debating the influence of the band. Sid and Nancy are not the Sex Pistols. Also as I stated before Sid, even as a member of the band, only played on one track on the one record the band did have. 

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Nobody was debating the influence of the band. Sid and Nancy are not the Sex Pistols. Also as I stated before Sid, even as a member of the band, only played on one track on the one record the band did have. 

Yeah but it's a make up/fashion shoot so they're taking inspiration from their image and the coolness of the photo, music isn't particularly relevant to it.

26 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah but it's a make up/fashion shoot so they're taking inspiration from their image and the coolness of the photo, music isn't particularly relevant to it.

Which is why I said that nobody was debating the relevance of the Sex Pistols influence.

11 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Which is why I said that nobody was debating the relevance of the Sex Pistols influence.

I honestly don't know what's being debated at this point then :lol:, never mind.

To quote from the article:

”Of course, the Sex Pistols’ impact goes far deeper than just music. Their album helped inspire a chatty game show (Never Mind the Buzzcocks) and seemingly counter-intuitive credit cards. Their spiky hair and ripped clothes became a fashion style. Their band members, especially Lydon and the departed Vicious, became icons of defiance – shorthand for rebellion, whether meaningful or not. The Pistols became synonymous with punk. Decades later, their filth and their fury continues to resonate.”

Read More: Influence and Infamy: How the Sex Pistols Impacted the Future | http://diffuser.fm/sex-pistols-influence/?trackback=tsmclip

Funny fact from my day:
In my fashion history class, my teacher talked about the Sex Pistols and Sid Vicious. She said that Sid needs to remember as the guy who had the most punk attitude and look in the band, instead of being a member of the band. Sid had an obsession for his look and he was always seeking for attention.  Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm Maclaren used the Sex Pistols to promote/market the punk fashion products they were selling in their store. Vivienne met Sid at the store and she convinced Malcolm to hire him in the band because he was the perfect guy to promote punk fashion. So, Sid Vicious became a well-known fashion icon.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this piece of information. It kind of makes sens of why Billie and Kat were inspired by Sid.

Ugh I don't think I can make my current one last two more months. So thrilled it's a pencil though. This is pretty much what I already wear.

January is fine by me. We don't have Sephora here, so hopefully I can get it while I'm travelling. 

"Limited edition", would that mean limited in time or in quantity?

And as it will be commercialized by Sephora (I didn't notice where that was indicated? :P), I hope it will come to France by January so I could buy it directly here! :wub:

• 1 month later...

Archived