Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

5 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

Aaaand we'll be willingly paying for it. :lol:

Make emo great again!

Which would be “MEGA”

4 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

He may not have been involved with an eyeliner product, but he did do merchandising back then. He had a whole clothing line geared towards the punk scene. I don't think it was hugely successful, but he was trying to capitalize on the success of AI with other products.

Dead on as always. Adeline line had a clothing line some years back (mostly women if I remember) and it was surpisijgly only marginally succesfull and if memory serves it was being run mostly by Addie.

3 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

Good point, kinda sad though.

I think this is definitely aimed more towards the make up obsessives and the KVD fans though, I like make up but this doesn’t really interest me as I’m cynical and I think it’s the same as any other product just with different packaging/name.

Yeah, basically this :lol:

To your point and back to my luggage, I will say this. While the luggage is plush and super awesome and now I know why we paid such a premium but Jules, who likes elegant things and is not afraid to spend, ahem, “our” money on such things, I’m afraid to breathe on the pink suade like pink material until sometime this year,  it got a stain while in transit but the actual luggage is tip top shit!

Its really good and I don’t know what other products she has from her to have wanted it so bad but it’s good shit.

My point is I don’t think this Kat Von D puts her name on anything bad but also not anything cheap so I’m sure it will be good but also crazy expensive for makeup.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie has been using eyeliner since he was in the womb. I can't think of anything more fitting than a collaboration where he gets his own eyeliner. It's harmless fun and undoubtedly something really enjoyable for him. No reason for anyone to be negative about this. 

8 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie has been using eyeliner since he was in the womb. 

Comment of the thread so far ? 😂 

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Okay am I really the only one who thinks that he looks totally ridiculous with this much eyeliner? His entire eyelid is black ffs :lol:

It’s way over the top. I agree and I, again, like eye liner on certain men, including myself but just enough so you’re not even sure.

I am not, not have I ever been “emo” (don’t think there was such a named genre when I was younger but maybe I’m wrong) but I’ve never loved my eyes as much as my eyebrows and when I wear JUST enough eyeliner (usually when I’m going to a rave or a GD show) I get compliments on my eyes from people at the Starbucks before the show or something which as I said has lead me to wanting to wear it casually but can’t get myself to do it.

That said, I agree, I don’t like it when it’s “hey look at my eye liner” thick. Even for women. But I am one of those guys that like a girl’s face in the morning. Make up off and a fresh clean face. Love it!

Godamn people this thread made me late for work this morning. So far every tweet I've seen on this has been super positive. I do think that it's good just in that it's keeping Billie/Green Day out there & visible. If I'm not mistaken this is the first time a major male celebrity (that I can think of) has had his own signature makeup. So that should garner some attention.

Keep in mind, this is anti-precision eyeliner. So unless you want to go to work looking like you tied one on the night before, it's probably not for the "older" ladies. 🤣

26 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Not really, that would be me politely censoring my full thoughts :lol: 

Hahahahaha! I stand corrected. Sorry for posting all over this thread but I’m really enjoying reading it. When you guys are at your most fevered pace and fandom is quite enjoyable to me.

It’s because he’s not just wearing eyeliner, he’s got some eyeshadow on as well, proper smoky eye thing going on! I love it

hard to tell but also possibly a little contouring too 

3 hours ago, Jenn. said:

Tell them, who gives a fuck :lol: It's not like this is completely out of character, the guy's been wearing eyeliner since he was a teenager, and we know he's friends with Kat so this collaboration makes complete sense to me!

Oh absolutely, it's not as if he needs extra cash so I'm not sure why anyone thinks that's why he's doing it. It seems to be just a few people complaining and I remember lots being upset about John Varvatos so I guess that was higher on the Sellout Scale :lol: 

22 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

It’s because he’s not just wearing eyeliner, he’s got some eyeshadow on as well, proper smoky eye thing going on! I love it

hard to tell but also possibly a little contouring too 

Yeah it's definitely a fully done make up look. Really looks great on him!

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

Keep in mind, this is anti-precision eyeliner. So unless you want to go to work looking like you tied one on the night before, it's probably not for the "older" ladies. 🤣

I could use that - I don't wear eyeliner but when I do put it on (very occasionally, I gave up trying years ago) I have to smudge the pen a lot because I can't do a straight line with my shaky hands and if I do manage to do one eye, I can't do anything even remotely matching on the other, because my sight is significantly worse on the other eye. So auto-smudge would spare me some time. :P

I think the eyeliner's gonna be too thick for me... gonna buy it anyway though. How sad 

39 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

How sad 

I swear, if this comes back....  XD
And her Tattoo and Ink Liner are $20 at Sephora, if that's supplies any indication as to what the price for this might be.

I just realized my error and it has been forever quoted...
There was a time on GDC when "sad" took over.

52 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I could use that - I don't wear eyeliner but when I do put it on (very occasionally, I gave up trying years ago) I have to smudge the pen a lot because I can't do a straight line with my shaky hands and if I do manage to do one eye, I can't do anything even remotely matching on the other, because my sight is significantly worse on the other eye. So auto-smudge would spare me some time. :P

I know your eyeliner pain. Good point.

17 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

it's eyeliner GOD LEARN YOUR MAKEUP 

That was definitely autocorrect :P 

7 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

This is the part of consumerism that baffles me. Sure, when I was 16 and on my all-time high as a fan, I had buttons, tshirts, posters and magazines, but this is different. I was flaunting that shit to myself and others. This is something you apply to your face, and unless someone happens to ask you what eyeliner you're using you're paying more just because it has "Basket Case" written on it. What if you just wrote it on the side of the pencil yourself? I don't understand. 

This eyeliner will be really useful to me. I have tried others in the past and each time ended up quitting, lack of motivation and satisfaction, but I know I'll have the greatest pleasure to put this one on every day once I get it. Just because it's Billie's signature, yeah :wub: The timing is excellent, I'm just about to get some help from a friend to looking better. He says I'm pretty but I don't know how to show it. That includes wearing some make up. Billie really has a knack for coming out with stuff on the right time.

5 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Okay am I really the only one who thinks that he looks totally ridiculous with this much eyeliner? His entire eyelid is black ffs :lol:

Like @pacejunkie punk said meanwhile, it's normal that the promoting shots show a heavier amount than what people would wear in daily life :lol:

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Billiemart.

You killed me, like if I wasn't dead enough times already :D

3 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Makes sense. I was just saying how Billie really hasn’t been wearing eyeliner this tour though. In fact, I usually like to wear some guy liner at shows I am not ashamed to admit (really makes my eyes pop, love it). Actually had a debate with my wife if I should bring it into everyday life but Billie has been mostly sans eye liner this tour, no?

There should be no obligation, Billie has varied a lot in his wearing eyeliner during this tour. It went from not at all to almost as much as in these photos. Maybe you should just do what you feel to do every day ? I can tell that's what I'm going to do when I get that eyeliner. :wub:

43 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

There should be no obligation, Billie has varied a lot in his wearing eyeliner during this tour. It went from not at all to almost as much as in these photos. Maybe you should just do what you feel to do every day ? I can tell that's what I'm going to do when I get that eyeliner. :wub:

Yeah, his eyeliner use seemed to increase as the tour went on. I wonder if there was any conscious thought behind it, like did he wonder at first if he was past it? We did all remark that he seemed more tentative and tame onstage at the start of the tour compared to the end. At some point it did seem like he went fuck it and let loose and the hair got longer, the leaps got higher, the jokes got naughtier and the eyeliner got thicker. And thank god for all that!

5 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Makes sense. I was just saying how Billie really hasn’t been wearing eyeliner this tour though. In fact, I usually like to wear some guy liner at shows I am not ashamed to admit (really makes my eyes pop, love it). Actually had a debate with my wife if I should bring it into everyday life but Billie has been mostly sans eye liner this tour, no?

He definitely was. I was paying entirely too much attention to this haha. As @pacejunkie punk mentioned, I believe it increased as time went on. I don't think he was wearing very much, if any, at the start of the EU tour but he definitely was by the time they came to the US. But seriously, go for it (in regards to yourself). If you're a bit nervous about it, start by wearing it when you're at shows, out on the town, that sort of thing. You can always slowly start wearing more of it. Chances are, unless your start wearing it thick, people won't be able to place why you look different, they'll just think your eyes look nice. Fuck gender norms. 

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

^^I agree with this. Do what you're feeling. 

So... is this the eyeliner Billie wears on a regular basis now? Did he test out different formulas from KVD Beauty and chose the one he liked the best? How involved was he in creating this?!

It actually doesn't even matter though, I'm buying it simply because it has his name on it :lol:

34 minutes ago, AmyxLongview said:

So... is this the eyeliner Billie wears on a regular basis now? Did he test out different formulas from KVD Beauty and chose the one he liked the best? How involved was he in creating this?!

It actually doesn't even matter though, I'm buying it simply because it has his name on it :lol:

I'm actually curious too. Like is this his ideal eyeliner or was she just like "here's what I came up with" and he was "yeah sure". It'd be real amusing if we all go out and buy this and meanwhile he keeps using an entirely different product, haha. And by real amusing I mean not at all. Not that we'd likely know.

Archived