Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

I've been using mine pretty often and I like it. It goes on so smooth. Kind of irritated at KVD Beauty right now though since they just discontinued my favorite lipstick

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyeliner is here!!!:runaround:

Haven't even used it yet but just having a piece of make up with Billie/GD on it is amazing :lol:. And I've just thought it goes so well with my 2005 pink Claire's Accessories Green Day make up bag! 

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Haven't even used it yet but just having a piece of make up with Billie/GD on it is amazing :lol:. And I've just thought it goes so well with my 2005 pink Claire's Accessories Green Day make up bag! 

Post a review when you try it! 

I'm now thinking that it's a good thing this is not available anywhere near me :lol: I'm happy to see it doing so well though! All the reviews I've seen were really positive.

On 21/01/2018 at 6:15 PM, ThibautDookie said:

Does anyone know when it will be available in France ?

Looking to buy one for someone that i know !

Hi there, fellow French GD fan! :D (You're the first I'm noticing on this forum!) I was about to gave you a link to the same article I shared a few pages ago, then I saw you already reacted to my post. 

Hopefully we still get it next month here! As for me it'll be the first item I go seeking in a Sephora shop. :P

I love it tbh! It goes on really easily and is nice and black :D it’s a decent size, will probably last a while. Can’t decide whether to give the other one to someone or just use both :tired: 

Mine arrived today :D Here's my review. Soz the photos of how it looks on aren't great, it's a dark and rainy day.

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro9_r1_400.jpg    tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro10_r1_1280.jpg

Application: I wouldn't say it's "anti-precision" or precise, pretty much just standard for a higher quality pencil liner. It applies smoothly for a pencil - again pretty standard for a more expensive one - but not as smooth as quality liquid liner. I attempted wings to see if it was possible and it was when the tip was sharp, but I'm not sure I'd try when it's blunt. They're not super sharp wings but they look better than any I've done with a pencil before.

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro2_r1_500.jpg   tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro4_r1_400.jpg

I don't usually wear eyeliner on the lower lid, mainly because I'm terrible at applying it, but had a go. It's the only eyeliner I've ever used, including liquid, that actually applied in a straight line rather than clumping up on the bottom lid.

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro3_500.jpg

Colour: it's not too dark or too light. If you want a lighter black, you can apply it lightly, and if you want a darker black, you can apply it more heavily. At its darkest, it's slightly lighter than my Sephora liquid liner.

Drying time/lasting: it dries very quickly. I only wore it for a few hours but it didn't smudge at all in that time. Not sure yet if it will survive nuclear war, will have to report back later. :P 

Smudging: it really doesn't smudge. It just kind of disappeared when I rubbed at it. I had to apply more to get this effect (which doesn't look great). That's good for me because I want it to just stay put, but it's marketed as one you can smudge when you really can't. One side is smudged/the other left alone.

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro1_1280.jpg

Removal: I used a baby wipe and the wings came straight off. The upper lid did with some scrubbing, but I struggled to get it off the bottom lid. It's left a bit of a shadow. I could probably do a better job with make-up remover or face wipes. It's easier to remove than my Urban Decay 24/7 pencil.

Sharpening: I haven't tried to sharpen it yet, but obvs because it's plastic, it can't get jagged edges after sharpening, which I've found all other pencil liners do. My eyelids will appreciate that. This was the tip after this application.

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro5_r1_540.jpg

Overall: I'll probably use this for everyday wear, which for me is just a thin-to-medium straight line on my upper lid. It's definitely possible even when the tip is blunt, as long as you apply it carefully. I'll stick to liquid liner for wings or a super precise look. You can 100% get a traditional Billie look if you want, more so than any other eyeliner I've used. And it is absolutely the prettiest thing in my make-up case, and a novelty for any eyeliner-wearing Green Day fan. :D

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro6_r1_1280.jpg

Here's a couple of exampels of how I usually wear liquid liner for comparison:

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro7_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_p30qu9F8zx1qiqs5ro8_r1_400.jpg

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Drying time/lasting: it dries very quickly. I only wore it for a few hours but it didn't smudge at all in that time. Not sure yet if it will survive nuclear war, will have to report back later. :P 

I went to sleep with said eyeliner on (due to pure laziness), and while previous eyeliners have sometimes slightly partially stayed on my lid overnight, this one... well, I'd say a good 85% of it remained in tact. There was slight smudging which could easily be cleaned up, but overall, I was impressed.

As for day wear, yes, it does last.

On 22 January 2018 at 11:01 AM, Hermione said:

Mine arrived today too, will try experimenting tomorrow.  Anyone know how long Kat Von D ltd editions stay on sale for?, I'm wondering if I should get another (few !!!) if it's not going to be available forever......😉

2 hours ago, proud_ginge said:

Debenhams have just announced a flash 15% off sale, which includes Kat Von D makeup. This reduces the price of the eyeliner to £14.45 in case anyone is still pondering over getting one.

http://www.debenhams.com/beauty/make-up/kat-von-d

Damn :P 

I used it today. I agree with everyone else that it really just glides on! And doesn't smudge. I prefer to use liquid as pencils are usually too dry and not bold enough and don't stay on as well but you can almost get a liquid look with this. Although I think it's best for just doing a basic outline (like Billie lol) rather than anything too intricate. Taking into account the price difference I'll proooobably still stick with my usual liquid liner when this runs out but as far as pencils go this is the best I've used. 

And I love the shiny lettering on it and on the box, looks good on my Green Day shelf :D 

So a friend let me down tonight (not the first time) and I can exclusively confirm that the eyeliner is definitely waterproof! 👌

In Paris today I saw Sephora posters for Kat Von D lipsticks... I was so disturbed because it was Kat Von D, but no Basket Case eyeliner, that is awaited over here in February; but at the same time, isn't it a sign that BC will only follow in no time? I wonder if we'll have posters of Billie+Kat in handcuffs as an advertising :wub: if that's the case, I'll become completely nuts each time I see one, and say to any people with me: look, look, look!! :lol:

I bought it on 1st February, in a Sephora shop, after leaving work. :wub: I most certainly won't go back in a Sephora shop anytime soon, but I was so happy to give away 20 € and put that small thing in my bag. (Billie signing "Bill j" and it looks like "Billy", indeed, won't help from people mistaking his name :lol:) I haven't tried it yet, I'm not used to put eyeliner so I'll do it when I can take my time and focus, but I'm pretty much confident thanks to the reviews previously left on this thread by you guys.

In reference to my last post, I'm outraged because Sephora didn't choose the eyeliner as the Kat Von D advertising product in Paris, while the eyeliner could be found in shops from the day the posters (displaying Kat Von D, and lipsticks) were there! Unforgivable! :lol:

So @Smoldering Panda and I went to Debenhams in London and found a little display :wub: The display said there was a built in sharpener which I had no idea about - you have to pull it out at the bottom. Mine was pretty blunt so that came in handy! 

26 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

@¡Jenn! is it the bja eyeliner in your Twitter picture? It looks fabulous!!!

Yes but it's also a snapchat filter :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

So beautiful :wub:

stop it ya bitch :wub: 

23 hours ago, ¡Jenn! said:

So @Smoldering Panda and I went to Debenhams in London and found a little display :wub: The display said there was a built in sharpener which I had no idea about - you have to pull it out at the bottom. Mine was pretty blunt so that came in handy! 

I had given up on the thought that there was a built in sharpener since, well, it's not exactly visible. 
But wow, thanks for that bit of info!

Archived