Eyeliner Collab Billie & Kat VonD

Billie Joes Eyelids

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Awesome! Great demonstration and nice to see it on a guy.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, desertrose said:

People aren’t happy with Kat Von D’s advert for her Basket Case eyeliner

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/06/people-arent-happy-kat-von-ds-advert-basket-case-eyeliner-7290201/

That's the biggest load of bullshit. Calling mental illness "sacred" is 1) dumb 2) totally oblivious to the the source of the name 3) It was such a small minority (literally just a few people at most) this article is clearly just looking for clicks.

I'm not even a fan of the fact that they used the name as eyeliner, but that has everything to do with the fact that I think Green Day song titles as a commercial product feels cheap. But the argument made by that person is so dumb. No one is asking Green Day to donate their money from Dookie to mental illness programs because Billie Joe wrote songs talking about his own neurosis and profited from it. People just look for things to be upset about. It's so goddamn annoying.

They're ignoring context. It's a product released by a guy who wrote a song about his own mental illness and named the product after it, case closed. Also "basket case" is hardly a medical term, might as well complain about American "Idiot". And the people who aren't happy are a couple of random Instagram users :lol:. Talk about reaching.

• 2 weeks later...

my friend gave me a voucher for Sephora and the liner must have been out on february 19th but still nothing :(

11 hours ago, *dry_ice* said:

my friend gave me a voucher for Sephora and the liner must have been out on february 19th but still nothing :(

Have you been to a Sephora shop to ask why it hasn't come out yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this eyeliner on for nearly 4 days and it's survived an overnight Greyhound, a tattoo and a transatlantic flight where I fell asleep on a table. I mean it's a little faded and smudged but it's still there and not all over my face. Whilst I don't advocate leaving any make up on that long, I think I can confirm this stuff will survive nuclear war.

^ Mine survived a day of work, a trip to the gym AND the shower I had after. I mean I was literally wiping my eyes in there and when I got out and looked in the mirror it was STILL THERE. 

What do you use to sharpen the tip of the eyeliner? I tried a common pencil sharpener but wasn't very satisfied by the result :P

8 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

What do you use to sharpen the tip of the eyeliner? I tried a common pencil sharpener but wasn't very satisfied by the result :P

I think there is a built in sharpener if you pull on the non-point end of the pencil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived