Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

49 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Itunes says the song length for "Back In the USA" is 2:36

Short and sweet.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd that I haven't pre-ordered yet. I think it's because I can't make up my mind on which bundle to get. Wish I could just get the CD and the candles.

9 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

^^ A bit like Platypus :ninja:

Annoyingly impatient about this whole thing now lol

Well they also said "Bang, Bang" sounded like a Kerplunk song when it first leaked, so I don't put much stock into these reports.

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Odd that I haven't pre-ordered yet. I think it's because I can't make up my mind on which bundle to get. Wish I could just get the CD and the candles.

Well they also said "Bang, Bang" sounded like a Kerplunk song when it first leaked, so I don't put much stock into these reports.

Who said that? The band compared all of RevRad to Kerplunk because it was just the three of them in the studio and self produced, but I hadn’t heard the sound compared to anything.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Who said that? The band compared all of RevRad to Kerplunk because it was just the three of them in the studio and self produced, but I hadn’t heard the sound compared to anything.

When it was first sent to radio stations, the guy from the stadium that debuted it said sounded like a song from Kerplunk. "Oh Love" was also called "the next Jesus of Suburbia." It seems tradition that when a new song comes it, they always say it sound like old Green Day and "going back to their roots."

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

When it was first sent to radio stations, the guy from the stadium that debuted it said sounded like a song from Kerplunk. "Oh Love" was also called "the next Jesus of Suburbia." It seems tradition that when a new song comes it, they always say it sound like old Green Day and "going back to their roots."

Ha. Even the band is guilty of that like with RevRad and also in Cuatro Mike was like, this feels like when we were recording Dookie or AI. They all need to stop comparing everything.

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Itunes says the song length for "Back In the USA" is 2:36

Isn’t the Chuck Berry song also around that length?

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Isn’t the Chuck Berry song also around that length?

unamused.gif?w=700&h=336

Fuck, it better not be a fucking cover.:dry: Those little fuckers really need to learn what the word "new" means.

I really hope this isn't false advertising. Doing a greatest hits compilation sucks, but doing it and tricking people into believing it contains a new song? That would be downright shit. 

I agree. Although considering they said "two new songs" and one is just a re-done version of an old one, I wouldn't be surprised. Aren't we also getting the music video soon too? That was in the release announcement post.

I'm really going back & forth on whether this is a new song or a cover, but I'm leaning toward it being a cover. I went back and reread the quote from the Mike interview. It's odd that he doesn't mention being a Chuck Berry cover, but he also doesn't say that it's new. And the original CB version is 2:29. And I think we would have heard it by now if it was new. And it would be odd to give it the exact same name as a Chuck Berry song, almost disrespectful. I'm only saying all this so we're all mentally prepared. 

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

I'm really going back & forth on whether this is a new song or a cover, but I'm leaning toward it being a cover. I went back and reread the quote from the Mike interview. It's odd that he doesn't mention being a Chuck Berry cover, but he also doesn't say that it's new. And the original CB version is 2:29. And I think we would have heard it by now if it was new. And it would be odd to give it the exact same name as a Chuck Berry song, almost disrespectful. I'm only saying all this so we're all mentally prepared. 

I completely disagree. I'm almost sure it's not a cover. Firstly, I'm sure if it were a cover we'd know by now. I don't think we're being lied to. Secondly, there's still a week before the album is released and I'm not sure how many people are really that excited for this to be leaked since there's literally only 2 new tracks so I wouldn't see any reason for it to have been leaked by now. Thirdly, loads of songs have the same name as another (e.g Bang Bang)

Just now, MysticManiac said:

I completely disagree. I'm almost sure it's not a cover. Firstly, I'm sure if it were a cover we'd know by now. I don't think we're being lied to. Secondly, there's still a week before the album is released and I'm not sure how many people are really that excited for this to be leaked since there's literally only 2 new tracks so I wouldn't see any reason for it to have been leaked by now. Thirdly, loads of songs have the same name as another (e.g Bang Bang)

I really hope you're right & I'm wrong. You make some good points. 

What? In that instance it actually sounds kind of sh*t, the drumming is very sloppy and the guitars sound thin.

Maybe that's what @ASMRBARBER heard? So annoying that he hasn't been online again to answer our questions. Did you hear the full song, or just an excerpt. Was it like the video above?

50 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

They have said good things about Chuck Berry in the past, and I am pretty sure they covered 'Johnny B Goode' a couple of times during this tour. Based on that, I am almost positive they at least know of the existence of the Chuck Berry song 'Back in the USA' which makes it seem like it'll be a cover.

This can't be real - but i wish it was because i miss Green Day fast song's haha

2 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

This "preview" sounds a little bit like Platypus and like shit at the same time. 

That's exactly what I thought, which is why I'm interested to know if that guy heard this! Too much of a coincidence somehow... On the other hand, if he heard singing he must have been able to hear wether it was Billie or not, no?

I don't know if that clip is ''real'' or not but... also listening to ''Bang Bang'' you can tell Billie Joe uses the same chords progression since the late 80s X0

Archived