Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Holy shit. Those candles are so boss! I may actually consider buying those.

Unfortunately you can only buy them as part of a bundle with other less useful things in it, like Green Day albums and shirts. :rolleyes: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Unfortunately you can only buy them as part of a bundle with other less useful things in it, like Green Day albums and shirts. :rolleyes: 

But I don't like the band. I like ironic candles.

19 minutes ago, wood said:

Holy shit. Those candles are so boss! I may actually consider buying those.

Agree. Don’t know what people are bitching about. I can play whatever playlist I want but those candles and artwork are worth the price of admission.

12 minutes ago, wood said:

But I don't like the band. I like ironic candles.

That tickled me. Well done.

!!!! Holy shit! New song! Super excited to hear that. The rest is pretty meh. Nice to see 2000LYA on there but so much Dookie stuff on there and the first half is already stuff that was on International Superhits. But still, new song!

I felt a little bit let down about the tracklist initially, but it makes sense overall. ISH got released like 15 years or so ago, Green Day turned 30 this year (right?) so that song distribution makes sense. As do the choices, "hits" does not equal "fan favourites" which is why no JoS or EJN or other songs with fun abbreviations. Oh Love all by itself - heh - is also a little heartbreaking. It would have been less sad to have completely omitted the Trilogy. 1 new song is also kinda weak compared to previous releases but the title fills me with hope for another blast of political Bang-bang-esque power an- it's gonna be a ballad, isn't it...

I'm kinda lukewarm on the whole thing... but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get it on CD and vinyl with the candles and shit. CONSUMER WHORE AWAAAAAAAAAY!

14 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

However!  The Greatest Hits that my OCD brain wanted was this:  Either a complete and total singles collection with all 45 singles in chronological order OR International Superhits VOLUME 2 with all the singles starting with American Idiot and going all the way to Forever Now.   Either of those would have to be two discs, no getting around it.  

Okay here's a question; are these songs actually the biggest hits? Because if so, I'm cool with it. There's a system in place. If not, then my twitter critque of the tracklist still stands :tired: 

ISH was good because its criteria was singles, so every (post Kerplunk) album was more or less equally represented with four or five songs. This one is just jarring to me because it's sorta Dookie/AI heavy. But if it's literally biggest hits in order of album then it's fine.

Other ideas: The bands personal favourites (would be good for less casual fans wanting to be exposed to the deep cuts and GD's personal recommendations); fan favourites but actually voted for by fans (make use of the internet my guys); ISH part two but using only post Warning singles (and by singles I mean 'songs with a music video'), or (my personal favourite): "Lets make a hat for each album and pick out three songs for each in a random raffle" :D 

2 hours ago, Schlappy said:

Like you dont know whether to buy it or not? Thats kind of the only conflict here

No conflict here. Like I don't need the same songs I already have in a different package for the fourth time

4 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

No conflict here. Like I don't need the same songs I already have in a different package for the fourth time

I do. :D I have two copies of Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and Rev Rad, simply because I want the normal CDs and the lyric books or vinyls :P I have every single album AND International Superhits on CD, just because I like to complete a collection. Also, Greatest Hits albums are great when you're in a car that doesn't support an AUX connection like the one we have, and you want to listen to some great tunes or when you want to listen to all the ~good~ songs in one go on your vinyl player without getting up every time. I don't know, I think Greatest Hits albums are great :P 

9 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Other ideas: The bands personal favourites (would be good for less casual fans wanting to be exposed to the deep cuts and GD's personal recommendations); fan favourites but actually voted for by fans (make use of the internet my guys); ISH part two but using only post Warning singles (and by singles I mean 'songs with a music video')

Those are all great ideas though, SHAME ON YOU GREEN DAY FOR NOT ASKING JENN FIRST

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I do. :D I have two copies of Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and Rev Rad, simply because I want the normal CDs and the lyric books or vinyls :P I have every single album AND International Superhits on CD, just because I like to complete a collection. Also, Greatest Hits albums are great when you're in a car that doesn't support an AUX connection like the one we have, and you want to listen to some great tunes or when you want to listen to all the ~good~ songs in one go on your vinyl player without getting up every time. I don't know, I think Greatest Hits albums are great :P 

Lol I was being sarcastic, of course I need it :lol: I have all the albums on CD, a few on vinyl, a few lyric books, Superhits on CD, the full collection thing they did which is every album up til 21CB, a re-release of 1039/SOSH, the live albums...not to mention some self-made CDs from ten years ago that I made before my car connected to my phone :tired: 

2 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Lol I was being sarcastic, of course I need it :lol:

I have failed you 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

I have failed you 

It's like you don't know me at all  :search:

(the fuck is that emoticon)

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

It's like you don't know me at all  :search:

(the fuck is that emoticon)

I just don't understand your Irish accent :( It shows in your writing

6 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Just got this email :lol: love it!

Sorry it's so small! Sheesh!

I love the title for the picture :D

brZtzgG.jpg

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I love the title for the picture :D

stealing that image for my computer background :happy:

I love that they brought back Tre's little moment from Bullet in a Bible and titled the album after it :lol: Also, those candles?... Boy sign me up they're awesome and hilarious. Now I can wear the shirt to religious functions with no weird glances :lol: 

6 minutes ago, imXieli said:

stealing that image for my computer background :happy:

this one is slightly better... There's no bigger than 640x376 in the source code unfortunately

Spoiler

XCfELx8.jpg

If they're naming albums after moments from BIAB can we get one titled "No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs" or simply "50 Eggs" :lol:

57 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Okay here's a question; are these songs actually the biggest hits? Because if so, I'm cool with it. There's a system in place. If not, then my twitter critque of the tracklist still stands :tired: 

ISH was good because its criteria was singles, so every (post Kerplunk) album was more or less equally represented with four or five songs. This one is just jarring to me because it's sorta Dookie/AI heavy. But if it's literally biggest hits in order of album then it's fine.

Other ideas: The bands personal favourites (would be good for less casual fans wanting to be exposed to the deep cuts and GD's personal recommendations); fan favourites but actually voted for by fans (make use of the internet my guys); ISH part two but using only post Warning singles (and by singles I mean 'songs with a music video'), or (my personal favourite): "Lets make a hat for each album and pick out three songs for each in a random raffle" :D 

I will do some research but yes, I believe the songs chosen are their highest charting songs. I loved Superhits because it was in order and complete.

Just now, kaylubd said:

If they're naming albums after moments from BIAB can we get one titled "No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs" or simply "50 Eggs" :lol:

That's gonna be their live album

and the cover will be Tré's egg head

tumblr_inline_oxbtixxNPB1uih05v_540.png

he ate so much egg, he became egg

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

They could make that a deluxe album with top 25 singles and 25 deep cuts!

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

Ahem

I can't believe you've done this

(btw he looks like Uncle Fester in that picture now, I hate you)

7 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

(btw he looks like Uncle Fester in that picture now, I hate you)

oh my god, he does

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

Okay? I was asking someones else why they dont know how to feel about it.

26 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Holy-fuck-shit, that was scary! :lol:

Y'all have gotta start warning me when you're gonna post pics like that cause I'm scrolling down the page and I am not prepared for that shit.:lol:

Hubby wanted to know why I'd want this cd since I already have most of the songs.  He just doesn't understand my fandom.  

Archived