Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

GFB is #4 on both the Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.  Back in the USA is #16 on the Rock Digital Song Sales chart.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Montclare said:

GFB is #4 on both the Alternative Albums and Rock Albums charts.  Back in the USA is #16 on the Rock Digital Song Sales chart.

:dance: Nothing feels so good as success for our boys :wub:

Well I did my part and picked up my copy today. I'm in too deep, buying 21 songs I already have, but it sure looked pretty going into my CD player. 🤣

With that album cover I don't know how anyone could regret it :lol:. Worth it for the artwork for sure.

When the album came out two weeks ago, I had to go to 4 different stores before I could find a copy. When I finally got one at Best Buy, I had to ask if they had any left because there were none on the shelf and they said they only had a few copies left.

Question to all US Vinyl owners:

What does it say on the back of your Vinyl - "Manufactured in the US" or "Manufactured in the EU"?

Does anyone know if anyone is selling just the patches without the bundles? I have a black hoodie they would look great on but I don’t need the vinyl and don’t have anyone else to give it to.

• 2 weeks later...

I still love my candles so much. Here's the shrine I created to properly display them

GMby1Gy.jpg

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

I still love my candles so much. Here's the shrine I created to properly display them

I have that fridge magnet! And I love the alarm clock :lol: 

I got this on CD to give to my dad as part of his Christmas present - hoping he likes it!

On 12.12.2017 at 6:48 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Does anyone know if anyone is selling just the patches without the bundles? I have a black hoodie they would look great on but I don’t need the vinyl and don’t have anyone else to give it to.

Late reply but: not sure about shipping etc for you (might be cheaper still to get the CD bundle :lol:) but you can buy them separately in the european store:  http://greenday.warnerartists.net/eu/accessories/god-s-favorite-patch-set.html

My brother gave me the cd for Christmas. I love Back in the USA. But I hate Ordinary World with Miranda Lambert. I love the song, but not with her voice.

32 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

My brother gave me the cd for Christmas. I love Back in the USA. But I hate Ordinary World with Miranda Lambert. I love the song, but not with her voice.

I greatly prefer the guitar of the Miranda Lambert version, it’s so much more chilled and reflective, the perfect thing for walking through the city late at night.  Vocally, it could do with either more Miranda (her own verse), or no Miranda at all.  But I definitely think it was a worthwhile release.

2 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

Vocally, it could do with either more Miranda (her own verse), or no Miranda at all.  But I definitely think it was a worthwhile release.

It’s kinda funny because that’s the same arrangement as the Everly Brothers cover they did :lol: Miranda didn’t get to sing on her own at any point. 

I've got my copy of their greatest hits on the way from amazon, I can't wait!  I had trouble finding a copy of the explicit version on cd, I was surprised.  I went to it, then when I went to purchase it said it was the clean version.  I tried the used copies, new copies and they all kept coming up clean (pun intended after the fact) Finally I found a proper explicit brand new disc.   

Anyway.  I wonder if and for how long they will promote this thing?  What is the procedure for a Greatest Hits album?  I'm also currently noticing that they've wikipedia page is in need of updating in terms of "back in the usa".  It may not exactly be a single, but it still has a music video that doesn't exist according to said page so.....

11 hours ago, desertrose said:

Album Review: Green Day “Greatest Hits: God’s Favorite Band”

http://dyingscene.com/news/album-review-green-day-greatest-hits-gods-favorite-band/

This person wants greatest hits OUT of order....that just makes my skin crawl.  

But they were right about a lot of other things.   Good read. 

This compilation could have been better or worse. But if it attracts even a small amount of new attention for the band it's doing the job.  I'm still waiting on my copy to see how I feel about it but I've got to say the missing tracks are my biggest issue overall.   I understand wanting to have the classics but a greatests hits volume 2 would have been a nice addition to a collection.  

Maybe the NEXT hits album will be a good solid 3 or 4 disc set for us hardcore fans.  1994-2034?  

Green Day are starting 2018 with 2 albums in the official U.K. Top 100 with God's Favourite Band climbing up to #65 after falling to #87 last week, while American Idiot re-enters the chart at #93 for its 125th week on the Top 100.

This also marks the first time in 5 years Green Day have held more than one position on the chart (12th Jan 2013 when both Dos and Tre were in the Top 100)

American Idiot is charting again?! I don’t understand it but I like it. They need to start the hype machine for the movie and 15th anniversary asap.

Archived