Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

Another small alternative iTunes chartes update (one week after release): 

-God’s Favourite Band is 11th on alternative albums 

-Back In The USA 41st on alternative songs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Best Buy today where I picked up the cd or GFB last week and realized they had moved all the copies they had on the shelf. So it seems to at least be having some warm reception.

This album may not top the charts all over the world but I think that a best of-compilation is not meant to do that. It's made for casual fans who don't buy each studio album and who only listen to the big hits. So even if God's Favorite Band won't break any records, it may perform pretty decent in the long run.

Side note: It debuted at at #36 in the German album charts

I want to cut my Green Day Saves shirt so it has shorter sleeves and a bigger neck/looks more feminine but every time I go to do it I'm too scared lol. I looked it up and apparently you can just simply cut a men's t shirt like that but idk, has anyone had good experience of doing it?

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I want to cut my Green Day Saves shirt so it has shorter sleeves and a bigger neck/looks more feminine but every time I go to do it I'm too scared lol. I looked it up and apparently you can just simply cut a men's t shirt like that but idk, has anyone had good experience of doing it?

maybe you could just buy a blank shirt for a few dollars and do a practice one first

2 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

maybe you could just buy a blank shirt for a few dollars and do a practice one first

That’s a good suggestion. Or do it with an old shirt you don’t care about.

The UK charts have just been updated:

Gods Favourite Band is #2 in the rock album chart and #22 in the main album chart

According to Wikipedia the album is:

#36 in Germany

#17 Ireland

#25 Italy

#21 New Zealand

1 hour ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I should've thought of this :lol:. There's a load of my brother's old shirts that are destined for the bin left here from when he moved out so I can totally do a practice one.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I should've thought of this :lol:. There's a load of my brother's old shirts that are destined for the bin left here from when he moved out so I can totally do a practice one.

Or just take a little off, supposing you have two or three goes until you get the look you want, you can take more off, can’t put it back on!

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Or just take a little off, supposing you have two or three goes until you get the look you want, you can take more off, can’t put it back on!

Oh yes! I love the design so I want to be careful with it. I know if I leave it as it is I won't wear it though so I have to do it.

36 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh yes! I love the design so I want to be careful with it. I know if I leave it as it is I won't wear it though so I have to do it.

Or, Have you got tailors chalk? That would let you mark the shirt but brushes or washes off very easily. It’s great stuff.  

This thread is becoming sewing tips lol

16 minutes ago, jengd said:

Or, Have you got tailors chalk? That would let you mark the shirt but brushes or washes off very easily. It’s great stuff.  

When she’s done she should put it on Pinterest 😄

14 hours ago, jengd said:

No but I'll find something to mark it with, thanks haha

I've finally got around to listening to Back In The USA. Oh my god. Best song they've done in YEARS, and by a long way. Absolutely love it. I just wish it was longer, a bridge and another chorus would be nice, if only because that chorus is lit :runaround: 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've finally got around to listening to Back In The USA. Oh my god. Best song they've done in YEARS, and by a long way. Absolutely love it. I just wish it was longer, a bridge and another chorus would be nice, if only because that chorus is lit :runaround: 

Took you long enough!!

I wanna point out that Green Days merch management/facility or whatever has been A+ about Shipping anything I preorder to me ON the actual release date.

2 hours ago, Teenage Kicks! said:

I wanna point out that Green Days merch management/facility or whatever has been A+ about Shipping anything I preorder to me ON the actual release date.

I'd agree if I weren't still waiting for my GFB bundle over a week after it was released :tired: 

Archived