Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

16 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I would just like to point out the brilliance of the line:

"let them drink poison and it tastes like lemonade"

I just noticed that last night, genius line.

I listened to the album while creating a Green Day shrine to showcase the candles :lol:. I'm in love with them, best GD merch ever. I think it's a good greatest hits, starting with a pre-Dookie song and going along chronologically from there really makes it great. I do think they should've put Welcome To Paradise before Longview instead of after so it could seem like the Kerplunk/Dookie song it is though :P. Also I can't work out why She is on it. Half of Dookie's already there and it's not a hit by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know where they got the idea it's a beloved favourite that needs to be played at every show and on their greatest hits even though it wasn't a hit, it isn't lol. But that aside nice selection!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I personally really like She, but I agree, after hearing it 6 times I'd be totally fine with them switching it up for something else :P I don't know why they feel like it's one of the songs that deserve to be kept in the setlist at all times and deserve to be on a greatest hits album.

And I really want the candles :lol: I'm kind of sad I didn't order them to be honest, now everything's out of stock in the online store (:cry:). I wish they sold the items separately, I would quite like the t-shirt as well. 

7 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

Some words about the album from Billie..

This sounds very positive for the future. "A whole lifetime ahead of us"....

2 hours ago, Marki. said:

^ I personally really like She, but I agree, after hearing it 6 times I'd be totally fine with them switching it up for something else :P I don't know why they feel like it's one of the songs that deserve to be kept in the setlist at all times and deserve to be on a greatest hits album.

And I really want the candles :lol: I'm kind of sad I didn't order them to be honest, now everything's out of stock in the online store (:cry:). I wish they sold the items separately, I would quite like the t-shirt as well. 

Will they always be out of stock, because i wanted the disciples bundle plus my mum would pay for it.

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I just noticed that last night, genius line.

I listened to the album while creating a Green Day shrine to showcase the candles :lol:. I'm in love with them, best GD merch ever. I think it's a good greatest hits, starting with a pre-Dookie song and going along chronologically from there really makes it great. I do think they should've put Welcome To Paradise before Longview instead of after so it could seem like the Kerplunk/Dookie song it is though :P. Also I can't work out why She is on it. Half of Dookie's already there and it's not a hit by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know where they got the idea it's a beloved favourite that needs to be played at every show and on their greatest hits even though it wasn't a hit, it isn't lol. But that aside nice selection!

I agree about WTP coming first and also about She. I would have preferred Waiting. I hate that that song is missing. It’s funny though because I was just listening to the Howard Stern interview and he was telling them that She was his favorite song on Dookie and Billie agreed and said it’s his favorite too. So there you go. His record, his privilege. 🙂

47 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

OMG he does it again. The next album had better be called “Age of Outrage” or a song or something. I love that.

I know part of this was already quoted but Billie saying "The great thing is we're young enough that we have another lifetime in front of us. That's the part that I'm excited about," is just so great :D 

3 hours ago, Giusey said:

Will they always be out of stock, because i wanted the disciples bundle plus my mum would pay for it.

I don't think so - well, at least I hope they get them back in stock.

Where would you have placed Back in the USA on Rev Rad? I'd say between Rev Rad and Say Goodbye.

12 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Where would you have placed Back in the USA on Rev Rad? I'd say between Rev Rad and Say Goodbye.

And dump OW

On 14/11/2017 at 11:26 PM, SHART said:

Do you know your lines yet;):lol:

my line.... hahah

it went really well in the end too, was nervous before singing Last Night on Earth tho especially haha

10 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Right, so some iTunes (Switzerland) stats for God‘s Favorite Band:

The Album is currently number 6. on the alternativ iTunes Switzerland Album Charts and number 20. on the all genres Album Charts.

Back in the USA isn’t charting yet on the standard charts, but it’s at 24th place on the alternative song charts!

Update: For some reason the album isn’t charting in thr all genres category anymore...

On the other hand it’s moved down one spot on the alternatives album charts. 

Back In The USA first dropped 10 places, but has now climbed up to a new high, now sitting at 20th place (on alternativ). 

Still hasn’t charted on all genres (and maybe won’t in the future).

Yesterday I mentioned that I think my gf ordered the vinyl version of God's Favorite Band for me for xmas. Well...

eqNVzQW.jpg

She gave it to me for our 11th anniversary instead! The patches are so small, but they're still really cool!

Anyone else got this annoying email? Why can’t green days webstore ever work.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent purchase with our store.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay in receiving the Candles and Patches from your bundle from America.

These are currently on their way to us and are expected to arrive next week; your order will then be dispatched shortly after.

You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your order is dispatched.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you require any further assistance at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Warner Music Customer Services

4 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Anyone else got this annoying email? Why can’t green days webstore ever work.

Yes, I got this email on Friday, not sure if it only affects UK deliveries though. It took five days after release date to get the picture disc vinyls too, they are pretty poor at getting stuff out in time. I know someone who ordered from the US store and got their bundles on Friday, although they were clobbered with import tax. 

20 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Update: For some reason the album isn’t charting in thr all genres category anymore...

On the other hand it’s moved down one spot on the alternatives album charts. 

Back In The USA first dropped 10 places, but has now climbed up to a new high, now sitting at 20th place (on alternativ). 

Still hasn’t charted on all genres (and maybe won’t in the future).

I think the most successful thing about this compilation release is going to be the BITUSA video. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if the single does much on the charts. But that's ok.

13 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I think the most successful thing about this compilation release is going to be the BITUSA video. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if the single does much on the charts. But that's ok.

I'm not really sure if it qualifies as a "single". I mean, it has a video but I'm not sure. Has GD themselves confirmed it as a single?

1 hour ago, MysticManiac said:

I'm not really sure if it qualifies as a "single". I mean, it has a video but I'm not sure. Has GD themselves confirmed it as a single?

I'm thinking if it charts then it's a single. Since it's charting currently on alternative, it has a possibility of being played on alternative radio if it goes higher. I doubt that will happen, but possibly. 

Does anyone think they'll promote GFB at all when they get back home? I'm wondering if they'll do BITUSA or OW with Miranda live on one of the talk shows. 

32 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Does anyone think they'll promote GFB at all when they get back home? I'm wondering if they'll do BITUSA or OW with Miranda live on one of the talk shows. 

Who knows, they played ''Maria'' on TV in 2001, I guess :happy:

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I hope they do but not OW with Miranda please. I promised myself I’d never have to hear that again. 😩

Back In The USA grew on me :D On the one hand the song is mediocre and stale, but it's very addictive. The first time I Iistened to Still Breathing I had a close feeling

So I finally heard the new version of OW...not really digging it. Billie's vocals are good, but Miranda's vocals don't mesh well with his. The whole thing feels unnecessary. They could've just added another song from the Trilogy. 

Archived