Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

^^ Don't see why it wouldn't (appear on the spotify I mean, cursed page own)

Looking at the imagery the Rev Rad tattoo makes a little more sense now. Love the colours!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I know right? :lol:

I want the t shirt and the patches but seems there's no way of getting them without the candles... somewhat wiggered!

Cheapest bundle to get the candles is $54.99? Nah mate.
I'll get some white candles for $1 each and print the artwork. Bam.
Kinda bummed there isn't a limited edition vinyl for this though.

Ooo, I hope the music video will also be released on the 17th.

Not reading through all of the posts to see if it's been mentioned yet, but if we get a new greatest hits album this year, does that mean a new b-sides album next year? *fingers crossed* We definitely need it, it's amazing how many Green Day fans I see on Reddit who have never hear Favorite Son or Shoplifter :lol: 

Holy fuck this is the greatest album title and cover of all time :lol::lol::lol:

I actually can't believe it

And a new song too? :dance:

1 minute ago, Todd said:

Not reading through all of the posts to see if it's been mentioned yet, but if we get a new greatest hits album this year, does that mean a new b-sides album next year? *fingers crossed* We definitely need it, it's amazing how many Green Day fans I see on Reddit who have never hear Favorite Son or Shoplifter :lol: 

That's because they're on Reddit :P

Does anyone know if there's a design on the back of that longsleeve sweatshirt? I kinda really want it :lol:

So I guess this mean International Superhits is officially discontinued? Probably won't ever be represses of it now that there's a new greatest hits album

Just now, Hermione said:

Oh my god I need the candles :runaround:

I just buy the whole thing. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT 'TIL NOVEMBER !!

Oh God Spotify does not need another copy of Oh Love. That song already comes up 700x more often than any other song in the catalogue on shuffle, haha.

I would think the video is for Forever Now? Seems weird to have it be for another song. But I wouldn't complain, I'll take all the video content I can get. 

Also this post and artwork is excellent.

Also, I just love how they tiered the bundles.
Alter boy, disciple, God.
Nice to know the only thing separating a disciple from God is a sweater.

I have so many questions :lol: 

52 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Apart from Oh Love and the new stuff, the album is basically their current setlist so they could have done a live album. But this is great, I’m just so happy to have news.

And now we know what they were doing with Miranda Lambert

But there’s no KFAD on the tracklist :( 

I"m actually excited to hear Billie and Miranda Lambert again. I think I'm one of the few that thought they sounded great together.

Just now, gaslight13 said:

Oh God Spotify does not need another copy of Oh Love. That song already comes up 700x more often than any other song in the catalogue on shuffle, haha.

I would think the video is for Forever Now? Seems weird to have it be for another song. But I wouldn't complain, I'll take all the video content I can get. 

I would love a music video for She!

1 minute ago, Todd said:

So I guess this mean International Superhits is officially discontinued? Probably won't ever be represses of it now that there's a new greatest hits album

Not really just depends 

2 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Ugh for me it’s Whatsername. For some reason when I shuffle “the spotify” it leans heavily on AI and BIAB. Holiday live is relentless.

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Also, I just love how they tiered the bundles.
Alter boy, disciple, God.
Nice to know the only thing separating a disciple from God is a sweater.

God, how did I miss that.  I have never bought any of these bundles, may have to change that, love the artwork and title so much.  

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Holy fuck this is the greatest album title and cover of all time :lol::lol::lol:

Too right @Hermione

This is so fun!! GDC is active again!!! 

So nothing for weeks and then BOOM look how much you have to look forward to. New songs, new video, new merch, new promotional TV appearances (fingers crossed)

Whatever people think of greatest hits records, it’s crazy that there hasn’t been one to include AI until now. This was sorely needed. And the timing is smart coming off a successful tour. So many new fans from RevRad who may want to explore the back catalogue now or own all these songs they just heard live will want this. 

I've never bought anything from the US Green Day store before but I really really want that disciple CD bundle for Christmas. Does the shipping/fees end up being too bad? I'll probably get it anyway but just wondering.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ugh for me it’s Whatsername. For some reason when I shuffle “the spotify” it leans heavily on AI and BIAB. Holiday live is relentless.

Really? That one is only on there once I think so that's surprising. I would gladly trade. I love that song. Never much liked Oh Love. 

The names of these bundles are cracking me up. I wonder how many wholesome people who know thing about them will accidentally buy this based on the art?

I feel like some major songs are being left off the list here but they had to draw the line somewhere. Can't wait for the new song and the Miranda Lambert collaboration. This news was very out of nowhere and exciting!

• Khaleesi. changed the title to Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Archived