Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

9 minutes ago, Tubbie Head said:

Now I'm bummed that it's actually one new song. 

I was like OHHH TWO NEW SONGS then i can't find a new title.WAS JUST ORDINARY WORLD ALL ALONG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they’ve been on tour. The fact that they’ve managed to write and record one new song is actually pretty good. I thought we were going to have to wait for a whole studio album to get new material recorded (as opposed to live at secret shows). So I’m plenty happy.

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Too many new threads, aaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh

I’ve merged them. Let’s keep the conversation in this thread since it was first. 

I would have preferred a live album too, but this is still great news, woohooo! No Fuck These People, but still :D Preordering now!

I am very much wiggered about this being a greatest hits thing. It would be so much cooler if they just released an one-off single or something, you know? This is so "buy one new song for the price of an album and a load of merch cause it's xmas time of the year ok bye".

Idk, I'm just rambling because this makes it look like they are doing this instead of any live stuff that we've hoped for and also if it wasn't an album it would feel more like there's more to come :P

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I am very much wiggered about this being a greatest hits thing. It would be so much cooler if they just released an one-off single or something, you know? This is so "buy one new song for the price of an album and a load of merch cause it's xmas time of the year ok bye".

Idk, I'm just rambling because this makes it look like they are doing this instead of any live stuff that we've hoped for and also if it wasn't an album it would feel more like there's more to come :P

Atleast we got new material. That's what i'm looking forward to :lol:

Ha! Stephen Colbert liked Green Day’s Twitter post. He must be very pleased with himself. I wonder if they needed his permission. Also, do you think after South America they’ll do some TV promotion and play the new song everywhere?

And this is actually really smart as a Xmas release. It will sell well after the tour for the casual fan.

The promo tag is good too: And on the 8th day God created Green Day 😂

Just now, GreenDayTheory said:

Atleast we got new material. That's what i'm looking forward to :lol:

Haha yeah, I'm not complaining in that regard. I get a day off and two new Green Day songs in one day, that's a neat deal :P

12/10 great caption #blessed :lol:

So I assume that means a video for the new track? With Forever Now still to come? Not that I'm complaining but how long are they keeping this era going?

2 minutes ago, kripack said:

their instagram mentioned 1 new music vid. Could it be Forever Now?

I hope so!!:runaround:

1 minute ago, kripack said:

their instagram mentioned 1 new music vid. Could it be Forever Now?

I just saw that!

I think it's going to be a new music vid about a song on the album.... so Back in the USA or Ordinary World? OR an old song new music vid?

when i read "2 new songs" first thing i thought was "it's gonna be ordinary world isn't it?" but yeah, still pretty excited to hear new material and i love the title and artwork

So Greatest Hits just means that they put the album versions of those songs on the record? It doesn't mean that they re-recorded all those songs, right? Cause that would be:wub:

2 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

So Greatest Hits just means that they put the album versions of those songs on the record? It doesn't mean that they re-recorded all those songs, right? Cause that would be:wub:

No. It’s just a compilation with two newly recorded songs to make you still want it in case you have everything already.

And I agree about the video it should be Back in the USA and hopefully not the Lambert duet.

Love the title and artwork. I won't be buying it though when I can just grab the new song off iTunes and make a playlist yknow. 

I wonder if 2000LYA will have been remastered though. In which case I will lose my mind. 

Greatest hits is not too exciting, but I'm really happy we're getting something new so soon and I absolutely love the name :D 

The merch is hilarious, I wanna buy it all :lol: 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And I agree about the video it should be Back in the USA and hopefully not the Lambert duet.

Oh that would be the icing on the promo cake :fuckyou::lol:

I'm not a big fan of "greatest hits" albums, but I love this title and artwork :wub: And I love the candles, they're so stupid :lol:

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Love the title and artwork. I won't be buying it though when I can just grab the new song off iTunes and make a playlist yknow. 

I wonder if 2000LYA will have been remastered though. In which case I will lose my mind. 

I was just wondering if they might have re-mastered some of the earlier ones too.

Not sure why it took 31 mins for my IG account to update!! Never mind, I love the whole list and "a partridge in a pear tree" thing.  Am excited beyond reason about this.  Hope the duet will be awesome!

• Khaleesi. changed the title to Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Archived