Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Looks like something kinky going on to me :lol:. I can't think what else it was there for. Or maybe there's some religious item that it looks similar to?

I literally never understood what the original picture was meant to be :lol: but I guess there's an element of 'punishment for your sins' going on, especially with Tre's 'come here' pose :P maybe they just saw the paddle and thought it would add to the pic or something, lol

1 hour ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

One of my favorite parts from that movie! :lol: Everyone goes silent after he says it and there's that awkward silence lol

I get why, he sounds like he's going to say something else and then just....doesn't. :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Does that account for every Spotify release of Oh Love? There's ¡Uno!, The Single, and ¡Uno... Dos... Tre!

Yes. That's how Spotify works. Oh Love has 14 million streams on Spotify, Stray Heart has 8 million. 

7 hours ago, Jonas01 said:

Last of the american girls and stary heart would never enter a ''greatest hits'' list without a doubt. 

It's just all the singles since AI, like how International Superhits was all the singles up to it.

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

What exactly is in this bundle that justifies this price? One of Mike's arms? :lol: Give me a break Green Day we aren't actual idiots.

Because Billie Mike and Tré specifically set the price this high for European fans. It's 60 Euros for a sweater, a shirt, a cd, patches, candles in the US shop.... which I think is reasonable. It's the fault of whoever is responsible for the e-commerce devision, or the European branch of the label

A lock of Billie's hair from which a new Billie can be grown? One of Mike's arms? 

Or Tré's left testicle:ninja:

4 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Or Tré's left testicle:ninja:

Is that from the God bundle?

Just now, Jenn. said:

Is that from the God bundle?

Nope, that's the "Creation" contest special that will go to one random lucky person picked from the Fangirls Thread, who will get to use some of his leftover sperm

Spoiler

I'M SORRY EW

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

Nope, that's the "Creation" contest special that will go to one random lucky person picked from the Fangirls Thread, who will get to use some of his leftover sperm

Hide contents

I'M SORRY EW

Juste what the fuck 

Ugh I'd be so salty about them making a greatest hits compilation 5/6 years ago :P

I still think it sucks (is there something more tacky they could do?), but it doesn't bother me that much now.  Making it so expensive is kind of extra shitty though. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'M SORRY EW

The sperm will be stale by now. It's been lost for so many years...

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'M SORRY EW

Jfc this earns me at least three more shart of the mouths tbh

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

You used salty and sperm in the same post :ga: 

Uh. Anyway......the greatest hits album.......

I don't think I feel anything particularly positive or negative about it? I don't think I'm taking it that serious (evidently.) I don't think the band is either.

8 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

They should have focused on their hits from 2001 onwards. It isn't like they don't have enough. It would have been something genuinely exciting. 

Every possible list of hits could have been genuinely exciting. They do have more than enough hits, and as others already said here, you can imagine any list you want...

I, for my part, find it very exciting that they put their biggest hits through their entire career so far, plus a new version of OW and a new song. And for all I will get in that God bundle, I don't find the price so high. I've spent many more times this amount of my own money to go to 3 of their concerts this year, and man, even that wasn't a lot for what I got in return.

Just now, Jenn. said:

I don't think I feel anything particularly positive or negative about it? I don't think I'm taking it that serious (evidently.) I don't think the band is either.

I'm not SUPER excited about the album, but I think it's really nice :) I'm SUPER DUPER excited about the new song though :wub:

Yeah, I don't really give a fuck about the actual album, I just find the whole idea of it absolutely hilarious.:lol:

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

What exactly is in this bundle that justifies this price? A lock of Billie's hair from which a new Billie can be grown? 

You know the price would be very, very low in that case :lol:

You killed me of laughter by the way

8 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

I wouldn't mind if this was just a compilation, but this looks like a way to cash in on the release as much as possible even though they could do something a lot more exciting - focus on releasing the new stuff. As you say, it's nothing serious, but I just don't care. (And that's not something I can say often about them). It's so...meh - for the lack of a better word. 

I don't think the tracklist is particularly spectacular, I won't be paying for it and I just hope the new song is good enough to steal off YouTube.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:39 AM, It's Splash Time said:

I was expecting another greatest hits, but I admit I'm a little surprised by the title :lol: 

when I saw this I was hoping that the new greatest hits would be all post-international superhits songs, so I'm a little disappointed

and oh love is not a greatest hit :angry: 

oh love is an amazing song!

On 10/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

In that case, we should also have an album called "SOMEBODY FUCK ME!":lol:

Album gets pulled from store shelves

Might just be how I'm feeling about life right now, but fuck this release. One new song isn't worth buying the same stuff over and over again. At least a live album would be a different version than the same old. :P

It’s times like these I’m really grateful for a Spotify subscription. No hair pulling over whether to buy a CD for one or two new songs, I just download the new ones and I’m done. 

I'll probably just asking for two versions for Xmas. I normally can't buy stuff in November since it's close to the holiday. 

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s times like these I’m really grateful for a Spotify subscription. No hair pulling over whether to buy a CD for one or two new songs, I just download the new ones and I’m done. 

that moment when i have spotify AND buy all the cds

it's called dedication

Archived