Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

38 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

If they're naming albums after moments from BIAB can we get one titled "No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs" or simply "50 Eggs" :lol:

In that case, we should also have an album called "SOMEBODY FUCK ME!":lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Okay? I was asking someones else why they dont know how to feel about it.

I was kidding :D eta: in hindsight I should have said "as if" instead of "like", i realise it can be read two ways

11 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

In that case, we should also have an album called "SOMEBODY FUCK ME!":lol:

I got one! "The Second Greatest Hits Album Is Always Better Than The First"

The artwork is kinda shite and there’s only one new song but am I gonna spend my money on a bundle? Yes I fucking am!

16 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Hubby wanted to know why I'd want this cd since I already have most of the songs.  He just doesn't understand my fandom.  

I've started dropping little bits of info about this to,prepare mine for yet another Green Day CD and t-shirt and oh, we need some candles! 

I've also made a mental note to stop being rude about other bands releasing GH collections and accusing them of just topping up pension plans lol!  

33 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

The artwork is kinda shite and there’s only one new song but am I gonna spend my money on a bundle? Yes I fucking am!

That's the spirit!!

I actually think the artwork is pretty cool, it's thousand times better than the cover for Heart Like A Handgrenade :P 

2 hours ago, imXieli said:

stealing that image for my computer background :happy:

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

this one is slightly better... There's no bigger than 640x376 in the source code unfortunately

Reveal hidden contents

XCfELx8.jpg

I immediately loved the art for this release and started looking for highest quality sources and putting them together :)

Here's what I got:

hG7Bsw0.jpg

Background and drawings separate: https://imgur.com/a/6TZcU

I love the album artwork and name! It's so tongue in cheek and clever!:lol: A  tour next year to promote this would be amazing!! I can dream right?!

4 hours ago, Jenn. said:

I was kidding :D eta: in hindsight I should have said "as if" instead of "like", i realise it can be read two ways

Oh i see!

Is there any significance to the ping pong paddle that I'm missing or is it just kind of random

2 hours ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Just preorded the album! Now I'm kinda curious, if Back in the USA is a cover or an original by them. :runaround:

News outlets seem to be hyping it up as a new song. Wouldn't surprise me if it is, it isn't the first time their songs have shared names with other musicians and it being original. 

Holiday, Know Your Enemy, Bang Bang, Youngblood, etc.

Well I don't mind, I'd quite gladly take more ''cash grabs'' if that means new content, live material, B-sides and cool merch...

1 hour ago, tigress said:

I'm hoping their record company is to blame for this blatant cash grab.

Because International Superhits! wasn't? By that logic, every greatest hits album ever is a cash grab.

"God wants to watch his favorite band again!"

If this isn't the tagline for the album I'm gonna be bummed :lol: 

2 hours ago, Yuri Plisetsky said:

Because International Superhits! wasn't? By that logic, every greatest hits album ever is a cash grab.

Not to this degree. It’s the merch bundles I find excessive, not so much the concept itself. 

So basically, we can all agree that this new song is kinda the next Maria?

2 hours ago, Australian1diot said:

So basically, we can all agree that this new song is kinda the next Maria?

If you're going by the meaning of a new song on a greatest hits compilation it'd be more of a Poprocks and Coke since that was new to the album, Maria was already a song before ISH.

If you're talking about the actual song itself and its sound, we of course won't know until it gets released ;)

Green Day don’t need to cash grab, I’d willingly throw my money at them 

Archived