Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That music video is unbelievable! I loved the song yesterday and now I love the video! Billie's Favorite Fan is very, very happy. 

For the first time I’m not downloading the full album as I have enough duplicate tracks but I will buy the vinyl.  

I prefer the original OW but love the new song - catchy with a message and it’s a welcome addition .  Hammered it in the car on the school run and I shall now annoy the hell out of my builders with it full blast on repeat all day long.  

I’m excited about what they’ll do next and they’ve given us a little teaser with BITUSA.  They need a rest, of course,  but I get the impression they’re chomping at the bit and we won’t have a prolonged wait.  Although we will see and hear less of them when the tour ends I actually feel really happy today, it’s drawn a line underneath everything up to now with a clever nod to a future filled with plenty more GD bangers!

God bless Green Day 💚😇😇😇💚

21 minutes ago, uptightallthetime said:

I’m excited about what they’ll do next and they’ve given us a little teaser with BITUSA.  They need a rest, of course,  but I get the impression they’re chomping at the bit and we won’t have a prolonged wait.  Although we will see and hear less of them when the tour ends I actually feel really happy today, it’s drawn a line underneath everything up to now with a clever nod to a future filled with plenty more GD bangers!

God bless Green Day 💚😇😇😇💚

Exactly! It's not a "Goodbye" but rather a "See you soon". I know that they're not 30 anymore so it's perfectly understandable that they need a break, but I definitely see this video as a hint. There's certainly more politically charged music to come from them, which is really important in a time where most popular artist only sing about partying and having sex. So I'm definitely looking forward to GDs future and we should all feel #blessed :cool:.

The more I listen to BITUSA, which is alot, I think it is the most radio friendly song they have come out with recently. Do we think we will hear it on the  radio soon?

is it just me or does BITUSA remind u also a bit of "a day in the life" ?

I woke up to a bitter storm 

I read the news today oh boy

5 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm listening to the full album now on Spotify just because I was curious if the older songs would sound any different, and I just realized this now means "Oh Love" is on Spotify AGAIN. I can't escape this song. It already comes up 10x more than every other song in their catalogue and now there's more of it. It's haunting me, haha.

Oh God, you're right-

The Single

¡Uno!

¡Uno...Dos...Tre!

and now this!

I just read a review of God's Favorite Band on a German music site (laut.de) that is usually very critical when it comes to GD (they gave the trilogy a 2/5, as well as Awesome as Fuck). Their review is actually very positive. They give the album a 4/5 and praise the "inimitable interaction between the two rhytm-gurus Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool", BJs voice, that is "above average" for a punk rock band and "the never-ending" series of "earworm-harmonies". They also claim that BITUSA is the "perfect slap in the face" for those who think that the band should retire. 

It's always nice to hear something positive about the band, especially 'cause some "music experts" like to criticize everything they do. :cool:

If anyone wants to read it, here's the link:

http://www.laut.de/Green-Day/Alben/Gods-Favorite-Band-108109

How the fuck did this happen?! I got an e-mail this morning that my bundle was shipped  - and a few minutes ago the postman came and I got it :shok: I ordered it in the US-store and thought it would take weeks to arrive. Christmas has come early for me:yay:

7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

A scruffy Billie sipping coffee and reading a newspaper. A fancy suit and tie with shades. Then a tie and suspenders with rolled up dress shirt sleeves? It’s like this music video has every version of Billie I could ever need in my life. 

:ninja: Except shirtless. I need that in my life too. But should probably take that thought (and a few others) to another thread. :whistle

I've finally got hold of the CD. Gosh, I just love physically walking to the shop and then picking up a new CD, going home and listening to it. It's what I've done with every Green Day record so far. I know it's terribly out of fashion, but it's a personal preference. 

23621501_1971879259804449_22765821457410

Annoyingly, the staff at my store don't really know anything about genres or they're just taking the piss haha:

23659506_1971879336471108_42625404354066

3 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

The more I listen to BITUSA, which is alot, I think it is the most radio friendly song they have come out with recently. Do we think we will hear it on the  radio soon?

I hope so. It would be cool if they played it on a few late night shows too. Though realistically, I wish they could just run the video haha. I really feel like that video is like the perfect content for them right now and I really hope as many people as possible see it.

2 hours ago, Thatsername said:

How the fuck did this happen?! I got an e-mail this morning that my bundle was shipped  - and a few minutes ago the postman came and I got it :shok: I ordered it in the US-store and thought it would take weeks to arrive. Christmas has come early for me:yay:

Exciting! I also got an email say it shipped this morning so fingers crossed mine won't be long either.

Has Colbert mentioned this album at all? Since this whole concept was inspired by him, I imagined that he’d at least dedicate a few seconds of his show to talk about it.

3 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Has Colbert mentioned this album at all? Since this whole concept was inspired by him, I imagined that he’d at least dedicate a few seconds of his show to talk about it.

Maybe he's waiting to have them back on his show to talk about it.

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I don’t watch him every night but not that I’ve seen. You’d think he would! I hope he does at some point.

I just arrived home and lo and behold a UPS van was pulling up to my house with my bundle!!! :banana: 

I love everything, proper jewel case and a booklet with lyrics and pics, great t shirt, cool patches, and best of all full sized fabulous prayer candles :wub:. Wonderful! I'm going to need to create a proper Green Day area/shrine in my room to display them properly :lol: 

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

I mean really it originally came from Tre saying "Why are there no clouds in the sky? Because god wants to watch his favourite band again" in Bullet in a Bible and then the band occasionally repeating it through the years. I don't really know why they gave Colbert full credit just for referencing it :P. Maybe he doesn't want be seen to take credit since he didn't actually come up with it.

Lol this just reminded me that they never admitted where Awesome as Fuck came from. It was from fans holding up signs that said "awesome as fuck" during Good Riddance on the tour (an idea that originated on GDC, after other fans had held up "thank you" signs), and the band noticing and tweeting about it. They even have pictures of the signs in the crowd in the album booklet. But when they were asked about it they said some bullshit about it starting with signs they saw at a festival in 1994 or something. I don't understand this band :P 

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

I hope so. It would be cool if they played it on a few late night shows too. Though realistically, I wish they could just run the video haha. I really feel like that video is like the perfect content for them right now and I really hope as many people as possible see it.

You can help that happen by posting it to all of your social media sites and retweeting and sharing as much as you can. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You can help that happen by posting it to all of your social media sites and retweeting and sharing as much as you can. 🙂 

Oh believe me, I have. I've retweeted a least like 5 tweets on it already and posted on my facebook. I'm not that active on socials though so my reach won't be very far, haha. Paramore's new video is trending worldwide but they have a good hashtag. Green Day needs to up their hashtag game. I just feel like this is one of those things that's gold but way better than most people would guess. 

Just listened to the whole album, a 76 minutes journey through my life with Green Day. But, you know, it all depends on where you listen to it. I decided to do that in my father's car, immersed in the darkness and loneliness of our garage. Something I'll never experience again. At least on a Friday 17th. :happy:

I just heard it too, cranked up loud on Apple TV. I love hearing the progression of their sound, the sheer number of their excellent hits (I don’t often play these songs because I feel like I’ve heard them so much but as a playlist this was great). Truly a hall of fame band. My only complaint is the album rocks and OW brings it right down. But BITU brought it right up again so it’s all good. Great collection and a fun listen.

Every time I read 'BITUSA' I read "Bit usa".
I mean sure, some acronyms used for songs don't make sense, but this is two words that do exist...
Ahh, it's messing with my mind!

So the GD YouTube channel have uploaded 3 of the GFB tracks almost an hour ago and then stopped... Is this Billie uploading them himself? :lol:

3 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

So the GD YouTube channel have uploaded 3 of the GFB tracks almost an hour ago and then stopped... Is this Billie uploading them himself? :lol:

I think it's just 2000 Light years away, she and ordinary world because of the lack of a music video 

Archived