Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

does anyone know where you can listen to the new ordinary world?  Cause I can't find it and I'm getting annoyed :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Back in the USA. It's nothing super new or remarkable, but it feels like some good, cozy Green Day music with great lyrics. It's the type of song that makes me feel like I'm home. 

4 hours ago, Matt. said:

Billie and Miranda's duet at the Grammy's wasn't good and neither is this version of "Ordinary World". Their voices just simply don't gel. Give me Norah Jones instead!

This. 

The Grammy's live performance was better than OW new version.

Miranda's voice does not sound good with Billie's at all. They're not really harmonizing? It sounds like they're trying to sing the song two very different ways and it doesn't sound right. When they sing "but what we have is more than enough," it sounds kinda awful. 

I LOVED Billie singing with Norah Jones. Their voices mesh beautifully. But this one is a no-go for me.

Hmm. Back in the USA is decent. Way too short which makes it feel rushed. Seemed like one of those tracks Billie made by himself in the studio. Production and vocal filter completely kill the energy. The chorus is deflating compared to the rest of the song.

Ordinary World 2? Miranda is pitchy at times. I like the guitar part and Billie's vocals. Sounds much more country.

1 hour ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Really loving Back in the USA and just heard the new Ordinary World for the first time.   Now the Greatest Hits is reminding me of International Super Hits even more.   This is the new "Maria" and "Poprocks and Coke" .  

Back in the USA has an American Idiot sound to me.   Also all the lyrics I see has "bitter year" where I am only hearing "woo hoo hoo".   Are they really saying "bitter year" after nearly every line?????

The song gives me chills, particularly the pre-chorus about crazies on parade and lemonade.....man, I love that line.  I can't help but think this song could be insane live when they play in the states.....even with the lyrics that are critical, people could interpret it differently and it could be a chance for people who think they are anti-American to see them in a different light.  Hmmm.  Possibilities is all....    This song could really be a call to arms for Green Day fans of all walks of life.   A winner for sure!

I'm still processing my first spin of Ordinary World.....I was expecting them to do separate verses than each other, not harmonizing the whole thing.  But I'm sure it will grow on me.  

Overall I am pumped about this release, although I've got to say I wish there was a deluxe version with all their singles collected in one place.  And 2000 Light Years Away just sort of being tacked on is weird when they omitted so many great tracks.   But I get it, I understand what this is and it'll be cool to have.  I'll probably download the new songs and ask for the physical disc for Christmas since I actually have people that buy me gifts now!   

QUESTION:    Are any of the other songs different version as in shorter, longer, radio edits or anything?

Now I"m going to go back and listen some more.

I’m the one who started Bitter Year this morning on the first video posted. I heard “Bitter Year” clearly :/ I’m sorry if it’s wrong, and misleading.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:58 AM, ASMRBARBER said:

Ciao I have  listened to leak of new song "Back In America"  it was posted  on  torrent forum ( I will not post link because i respect band ) 

So what does it sound like ?

62b285f479199f837f5d82f52b365a85.jpg 2.0

No doubt someone will upload it too you tube by end of the day :)

This post aged well. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I might have a new favorite music video.

This makes the entire album worth it. Finally, a good music video! :happy:

Although this is just a greatest hits album, this is everything that I have ever wanted Green Day to do with an album. Leading up to the release, they had so much fun posting silly little ads and instagram pictures with #blessed. It just felt like they were so proud of this concept of "God's Favorite Band" and they ran with it and it was such an enjoyable ride.

And then we get this beautiful music video that tells an actual story, not just them playing with some random shit happening in the background. It had a clear message, it had some humor, and it had all the boys in it. It almost makes me sad to think that I had more fun with the buildup to a greatest hits album than I did for Rev Rad, but I hope they do something like this for their next album because it was one hell of a ride

YAS. Best video they've done since 21st Century Breakdown. I dig the song too. This video made me really happy.

Also, just when I didn't think my man crushes on them could get any bigger...

After finally hearing Back in the U.S.A., I can finally say that I love it. 

Though honestly I get vibes of "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte in the guitar.

Very pleasantly surprised with the music video. Most videos i watch them one time or maybe twice and move on like i did with bang bang, revrad and still breathing, though im gonna watch this video a bunch. 

The video is amazing, ugh. So good. 

11 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Very pleasantly surprised with the music video. Most videos i watch them one time or maybe twice and move on like i did with bang bang, revrad and still breathing, though im gonna watch this video a bunch. 

It’s definitely better than any video from RevRad. I’d say the best one since 21CB (i still think that one is their best ever) 

A scruffy Billie sipping coffee and reading a newspaper. A fancy suit and tie with shades. Then a tie and suspenders with rolled up dress shirt sleeves? It’s like this music video has every version of Billie I could ever need in my life. I don’t even mind the hair gel and sweater vest.  :lol:

... plus it’s got some Trump-bashing! :D 

Honestly though, fangirling aside, I really like it. It’s the first video I’ve watched since the 21st Century Breakdown era that I didn’t have to convince myself I liked — I immediately did. It’s funny, relevant, has a story, surprisingly doesn’t come off as cheesy and depicts the song well.  

Also, it’s funny that the money turns into a “This is your God” message. Amen. 

I'm listening to the full album now on Spotify just because I was curious if the older songs would sound any different, and I just realized this now means "Oh Love" is on Spotify AGAIN. I can't escape this song. It already comes up 10x more than every other song in their catalogue and now there's more of it. It's haunting me, haha.

Back in the USA is good, the guitar sound is so much better and gives the song a better feel. That being said I do agree with @DookieLukie that god damn vocal filter needs to go, I've not listened with decent headphones yet so can't comment on production, however if it was self-produced I assume it's poor as luke said

Archived