Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Daddy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing my research paper that involves the production of AI, and as great as this is and would love to use , it's distracting me :lol:

Green Day distracting me from Green Day 

(yes, missed the page own!)

This is exciting, because any news from this band is exciting these days. However, if this is basically a ''f**k everyone that wanted a live album, you're getting this now instead, na na na'' then I'd be pretty mad lol. I also think the song selection could have been better, but oh well...

Also, if they discontinued ''International Superhits'' there wouldn't be any physical album with J.A.R on it, right? 

...except technically AAF...

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I've never bought anything from the US Green Day store before but I really really want that disciple CD bundle for Christmas. Does the shipping/fees end up being too bad? I'll probably get it anyway but just wondering.

International shipping costs 9,99$ (for bundle with shirt and candles), but I'm not sure about custom duty. They stopped my package from Green Day store once, but I don't remember, how much I had paid. 

10 minutes ago, Flashing in the dark said:

Where do you find that?

ETA: Oh I see you just made it. 👍 

Anyone can tell me what's written on the ping pong stick on the cover?

Anyone think they might go on tour again for this like they did with "ISH!"?

Well, technically that was the tour with Blink-182 but still.

Note: The Spotify link is a fan-made playlist. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Lamontagne said:

Anyone can tell me what's written on the ping pong stick on the cover?

GFB - God's Favorite Band 

6 minutes ago, Todd said:

True, they'll undoubtedly sell them until their inventory is gone. 

depends on all the sales Eagles Elton John Nirvana etc all have multiple GH albums still in print so just depends on the sales and how Reprise feels 

Great news, all though i struggle to understand why it's still lacks a bit of ''seriousness and professionality'' here. Look at the tracklist that they posted. Did you promo guy just wrote that on notes on your iPad? Come on :( , and why are they making a Greatest Hits album and not including Jesus of Suburbia? Also, it would have been a lot better with a live DVD and CD. But who hears us... 

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

This is exciting, because any news from this band is exciting these days. However, if this is basically a ''f**k everyone that wanted a live album, you're getting this now instead, na na na'' then I'd be pretty mad lol. I also think the song selection could have been better, but oh well...

Also, if they discontinued ''International Superhits'' there wouldn't be any physical album with J.A.R on it, right? 

...except technically AAF...

yeh man i think this just is a big fuck everyone that wants a live album and dvd. :( 

I'm really excited about this!!! I can't wait to spend all my money on Green Day again, and I LOVE the t-shirt :wub: And since I collect CDs, I will buy the bundle too. I would love the vinyl but I don't really trust them with vinyls anymore since the red revrad-vinyl that frustrated the shit out of me. Maybe someday, when it's still there and there haven't been problems for anyone else.:ermm:

I also LOVE the Stephen Colbert reference - I love both Green Day and Stephen, and it makes me really happy that they have a good relationship :wub:And it's also a Bullet in a Bible reference. :) For those of you who don't remember it:

"Why are there no clouds in the sky?!" - "Because god wants to watch his favorite band again!"

I highkey hope they will bring back East Jesus Nowhere to the setlist now, as it fits the theme perfectly. They totally wasted their opportunity to put that on this album though.

Do you they will put the music video on the CD as well? Or as a download?

1 hour ago, It's Splash Time said:

and oh love is not a greatest hit :angry: 

yeah, should've been Stray Heart, that was a bigger hit.

8 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

International shipping costs 9,99$ (for bundle with shirt and candles), but I'm not sure about custom duty. They stopped my package from Green Day store once, but I don't remember, how much I had paid. 

Thanks! Yeah I just looked it up and that's very reasonable, if I get a customs charge then it was pretty good value to start with so not too worried about it.

I'm unreasonably excited about this :lol:, already pre-ordered a bundle

2 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Great news, all though i struggle to understand why it's still lacks a bit of ''seriousness and professionality'' here. Look at the tracklist that they posted. Did you promo guy just wrote that on notes on your iPad? Come on :( , and why are they making a Greatest Hits album and not including Jesus of Suburbia? Also, it would have been a lot better with a live DVD and CD. But who hears us... 

To be fair JOS wasn't really a hit, and there's plenty of other songs from AI that were. If it was a "Best of" maybe it should be on it, but for greatest hits (taking into account they also want to represent all albums) I think the list is pretty good.

Just now, Hermione said:

Thanks! Yeah I just looked it up and that's very reasonable, if I get a customs charge then it was pretty good value to start with so not too worried about it.

I'm unreasonably excited about this :lol:, already pre-ordered a bundle

To be fair JOS wasn't really a hit, and there's plenty of other songs from AI that were. If it was a "Best of" maybe it should be on it, but for greatest hits I think the list is pretty good.

Yeh on a ''best of'' list yes it should have been, so i  can kind of see why it isn't here. All though i maybe would have swapped 2000LA with JOS

1 minute ago, Jonas01 said:

It's impossible to do anything without there being "what ifs". Theyll never do anything without some people wanting something else. Thats just how it is :happyhands:

1 minute ago, Jonas01 said:

Moan, moan, moan... Some people will just never be happy. 😜 Personally I was wondering why Jaded wasn’t included with BS but I don’t care. I think JOS is too long for a GH compilation, these were all radio friendly hits.

And seriousness? Really? This is Green Day we’re talking about. Let yourself go 😉

5 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

i struggle to understand why it's still lacks a bit of ''seriousness and professionality'' here.

Because it's Green Day :P

So now we need to wait 'til november 17th? That's not fair.....

So I guess they're done with Revrad then...we can forget about further singles and videos from that album as they've already moved on to this. :rolleyes:

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

So I guess they're done with Revrad then...we can forget about further singles and videos from that album as they've already moved on to this. :rolleyes:

I’d be okay with that actually. Except look forward to live promotion of OW with Miranda 🙄😋

8 minutes ago, Patrick Lamontagne said:

So now we need to wait 'til november 17th? That's not fair.....

It's just a month away dude :lol: I'm actually surprised how fast it's coming out.

Just now, Tubbie Head said:

It's just a month away dude

Well it'll be the longest month of my life.

This is so awesome!!

I hope they re-mix or re-master these songs with a twist or something. That would be so cool!

Also, if someone as a promo-code, please share. I am thinking of pre-ordering it but I don't want to go broke. xD

The #blessed tracklist doesn't give me high hopes for this being promoted well :lol: 

Great news though! I wonder if it means the tour rumours for next year are true :ninja: 

• Khaleesi. changed the title to Green Day announce new greatest hits album ‘God’s Favourite Band’ – featuring new song

Archived