Melodies similar to other Green Day songs

Jollyroger118

I just want to know if any of you have noticed Green Day songs that have similar melodies to other Green Day songs cause I feel like I hear it a lot but I can't quite pin point them. Not the music but the lyrics. I can think of a couple like loss of control and Maria or shoplifters and any but I know there's more. Btw this is my first post/topic in forever and I'm happy to be back.

Deadbeat Holiday - American Eulogy

The Static Age - Church On Sunday

Restless Heart Syndrom - Troubled Times

Shoplifter - Amy - Blood, Sex and Booze - Favorite Son

Murder City - Revolution Radio 

Scumbag - State Of Shock

Lazy Bones - Give Me Novacaine

Too Dumb To Die - Fashion Victim

That's all I can think of for now :P 

Bang Bang/St Jimmy: ‘I got my photobomb I got my Vietnam’/the opening of St Jimmy

Say Goodbye and Holiday are also pretty similar. I think after 30+ years it’s excusable to have some repeats here and there. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Shoplifter also pops up in Dirty Rotten Bastards.

And the melody is borrowed from an instrumental opera intro. Carmen, I believe.

13 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

Bang Bang/St Jimmy: ‘I got my photobomb I got my Vietnam’/the opening of St Jimmy

Say Goodbye and Holiday are also pretty similar. I think after 30+ years it’s excusable to have some repeats here and there. 

I remember listening to Bang Bang on an online feed for some radio station when the song was debuted, and the stream quality was so poor that I could only hear the instrumentals really, and I thought to myself that sounded exactly like St. Jimmy

I also think the majority of insomniac borrows melodies from itself, I bet if you listened in a specific order it would sound like one continuous song. This isn’t as relevant but, Kill The DJ and Last Night a DJ Saved My Life sound like they would mix really well, there’s a similar sound and the melodies fit :P

Archived