A Map Of Past Green Day Shows

Chadman

I wanted to share this map of past Green Day and other bands' shows:

http://bayareapunk.com/punk-map/

I think it's neat to see how often a band has played in a certain area. I was surprised to see how rarely bands play in South America. I thought it was a more popular tour destination, but I guess not.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the Ohio shows look legit to me. They played some really cool shows in Cleveland back in the day! 

... and it still blows my mind that they ignored the entire state from 2005-2015, yet we ended up getting two of the more iconic shows of the modern era (the Hall of Fame stuff and the kickoff of the Revolution Radio Tour). :lol: 

This makes me realize they played quite small places in Prague in the past. The list doesn't have a venue for the 91 show, but that could have been someone's house for all we know. But the 96 and 98 shows are a 3,000 place and a club. I thought they were a lot bigger in the 90's. I'd expect arena shows :ermm:

5 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

All of the Ohio shows look legit to me. They played some really cool shows in Cleveland back in the day! 

... and it still blows my mind that they ignored the entire state from 2005-2015, yet we ended up getting two of the more iconic shows of the modern era (the Hall of Fame stuff and the kickoff of the Revolution Radio Tour). :lol: 

They had probably forgotten Ohio exists and then thought "oh dang, we need to make it up to them" :D 

15 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I'm honestly so relieved that they've never been to Toledo, though, so I don't have to be angry that I missed shows before I got into them :lol: Mraz played at Headliners before I got into him and I'm so bummed to this day.

I've never heard of two of the Pontiac venues they played, and I can't believe they've only played DTE once!

Wow London is their third most played city, knew it would be up there but didn't think it would top Los Angeles.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:47 AM, Todd said:

Where does this site get its info from?

At the very bottom, under all the data it says Setlist.fm

41 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow London is their third most played city, knew it would be up there but didn't think it would top Los Angeles.

England always has the best atmosphere and probably their only shows where the crowd sing  louder than Billie Joe :lol:

58 minutes ago, AimieeSmith said:

England always has the best atmosphere and probably their only shows where the crowd sing  louder than Billie Joe :lol:

Yes :D 

Or they can just sell lots of tickets there lol :P 

Yeah, small country, we went to London in February thank goodness as Glasgow fell apart.  Lots of Brits go to London for shows etc.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:48 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Which is exactly why I wasn't able to see them through the majority of me being a fan :lol:

I saw them ONCE in 2009 in Orlando because my dad lives there. Never had a chance otherwise. It wasn't until this year that I saw them in my hometown state. And maybe that's why I ended up going all-out and doing 3 shows this era lol.

Undoubtedly, being an adult fan is much better than a kid with no money stuck in one spot. :P

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

It is pretty surprising!  Though I guess they’re from near enough to LA that they might not necessarily always play there - if they play California shows in and around San Francisco then playing another show in LA on an already packed tour may be a bit too much, whereas it would be ridiculous for them to come to England and not play London.

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

There is a good map on setlist.fm. Ironically the greener the country the more gigs GD have played there :P

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert-map/green-day-13d68939.html

I wonder what they do for Black Sabbath.  Or Simply Red.  Or Blue. :P 

I always find this stuff quite interesting :D

I also didn't know the Warning tour was called This Is The Warning Album Tour :lol: 

On 09.10.2017 at 1:47 PM, Todd said:

Where does this site get its info from?

setlist.fm, it seems.

On 10.10.2017 at 8:33 AM, Beathe. said:

One show they had in Norway isn't listed. 

Which one? Slightly surprised to see they only came here once in the 90s and then took another 10/14 years to return

3 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Which one? Slightly surprised to see they only came here once in the 90s and then took another 10/14 years to return

Quart Festival. For the American idiot tour. 

1 minute ago, Beathe. said:

Quart Festival. For the American idiot tour. 

Ah, I saw that one there, you just have to zoom in on Kristiansand. :)

So that's a total of six shows, ever. I'm moving lol.

2 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Ah, I saw that one there, you just have to zoom in on Kristiansand. :)

So that's a total of six shows, ever. I'm moving lol.

I see. I only saw five. My bad! 

Nah. They play tons of shows in Europe. No need to move. 

49 minutes ago, Beathe. said:

I see. I only saw five. My bad! 

Nah. They play tons of shows in Europe. No need to move. 

Yeah I know but that whole deal gets expensive  :lol:

15 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Yeah I know but that whole deal gets expensive  :lol:

Not necessarily. I always follow my favorite bands around for several shows and I have an average income. It's all about planning. :)

Archived