Happy Birthday Revolution Radio!

Thatsername

I too can't believe that it's been a year already since RevRad was released and I've seen them twice this year while they toured it. Too Dumb To Die is probably my favorite off of it.  I also remember getting really excited when they first released Bang Bang. Didn't think too much of Ordinary World at first, but it grew on me. Still waiting for Youngblood to have that affect on me though. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One year already...  so much stuff happenned. RevRad is one of my favorite albums. GD was at its best during this era. I'm so happy to have seen the band live twice this year.  And I'm happy to have made an active come back on GDC after a few years of silence.

Certain songs/albums I strongly have associated with periods in my life, places, seasons, people, etc. That never happened with Green Day for some reason, which was a good think. RevRad is the first album I associate with something, mainly with the Fall season and slightly with a girl I had begun dating a few days after this album came out. I really do hold this album close to my heart, slightly due to those reasons, but also because I feel like this album was a great reflection of me as an individual. It has a very down-to-earth feel and strong maturity to it, along with a clever combination of reflecting back on good times and looking forward with hope. Basically, this album touched on exactly how I feel at this point in my life. As weird as it sounds, Green Day has always been an emotional support for me, and it's strange to have that feeling of a band being like a friend in your life. This tour I also brought my younger brother to his first concert ever. Since then, he's been stealing my GD tees and sneaking listens of my GD albums. I remember how I felt when I first listened to Green Day, and I hope he's feeling the same way. Long live Green Day!

I've been a GD fan since... well, forever.  I remember listening to earlier albums on cassette tapes (which I think I still have somewhere!).  Just when I think that GD can't get any better, somehow they do.  I'm not sure if I enjoy RevRad so much because it's great music (which it is!!) or if it's because I've enjoyed watching them have so much fun sharing it with their fans!   I love RevRad and find myself choosing that CD more often over the others and have since it's release.  There isn't one bad song on it and I can listen to it in it's entirety- no skipping, no fast forward.  It's just really fantastic!  

And although I've been a fan for so long, this is the first opportunity I've had to see them in concert which makes RevRad all the more special for me.  It's also the first era in which I've been active here on GDC (although I lurked for a long time!) and I've been enjoying it so very much- from the  updates & Periscope streams during concerts to the interesting thoughts each of you have on our favorite band, to the opportunity to fangirl with the greatest fangirls on the planet!  

16 hours ago, Eric said:

I mean it's so hard to pick I just know the impact of those are just beyond the others, but Nimrod is right up there imo I could swap out one of those three for it. :D 

Yeah, it's just so hard to rank them and I think the order keeps changing depending on your mood. That's why I only said that RevRad is definitely in my top 4; and although I think that AI and 21CBD will probably always be my numbers 1 and 2, there are times when I like RevRad even better than both of them.

I can't believe it's been a year! RevRad has been a pretty special era for me, possibly even more than 21CB. I felt more included in the fandom than ever before, and after perhaps losing a bit of love after the trilogy, it came back with RevRad full force. I'll never forget hearing Bang Bang for the first time - just amazing. And then hearing Forever Now live.. :wub: 

My favourite song is Outlaws, and i think it's one of their better tunes. Such a different sound. Bang Bang also very good. Those two rocks. Still Breathing also, all though it can feel a bit repetitive.

I still love this album as much as I did when I first heard it. Granted, my favorites have changed, but this is still an awesome album. I don't think anything can top Forever Now and Still Breathing is up there as well. 

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I still love this album as much as I did when I first heard it. Granted, my favorites have changed, but this is still an awesome album. I don't think anything can top Forever Now and Still Breathing is up there as well. 

I was singing SB loud yesterday - I am a Mum barely keeping it together atm:dry:

I was lucky to find out about Green Day in August last year. I learned an album was coming out very soon... So, Revolution Radio was the very first album I ever bought. From then I haven't spent one day without listening to Green Day. In November, I bought a ticket for what would be my very first concert and my first time seeing the boys, in February this year. I was lucky to see them twice after that, including a week-end all by myself in England to see them in Hyde Park. If that were ever to do again, I would do it 100 times. :wub:

Billie's happiness on stage was the most warm, luminous sight I was ever given to have. His radiant face in front of me is engraved in me forever. These were the best days of my life and I'm waiting with the greatest excitement for the next time I will get to see them in real. :wub:

As Billie, September has always been most complicated for me. Early 2016 was one of the most optimistic periods of my life, proving myself I could accomplish something that was worthy to me and get out of some circles that seemed to be endless. Nah, it is possible to change. Happily I fell on Green Day when that pioneering time in my life began to end and since then I have continued to build my life, and for the first time, believe and find out I can be happy.

The person I'm today has changed a lot during the past year (people hardly believe this is mostly, mostly thanks to Green Day... oh well :wub:) so yeah it passed quickly, but I can measure how much I've traveled. One tremendous hell of a year, that I'm so thankful to have lived in this Green Day fandom, that will never end while I'm alive. :wub:

Revolution Radio is associated with all that, and it's also my favorite album (before 21st Century Breakdown, American Idiot and the trilogy - maybe even the trilogy before AI, jaja :P)

My favorite songs on that record are Forever Now, Still Breathing and Somewhere Now (1,2,3), and then Troubled Times, Outlaws, Bang Bang (4,5,6). I love them all including Youngblood which I remember to have loved immediately.

Last but not least, GDC has become a daily joy, I thank you all for making this place be. Long live Green Day :wub: 

50 minutes ago, SHART said:

I was singing SB loud yesterday - I am a Mum barely keeping it together atm:dry:

I know how you feel!

Is it within reason to be just a little disappointed that we didn't hear a single word from them yesterday, not even from the band account(s)?

This has been the most special era in my time of being a fan. It was like after 12 years of loving this band through highs and lows (both mine and theirs), everything just clicked into place. It's not always easy having the same favorite band for so many years. You fall in and out of love with them here and there — they do things you don't like, you find other fandoms, you find new music to enjoy, etc. Before RevRad came out I took a solid two years — for the first time — where I didn't associate a large part of my identity with Green Day. And you know what? It was exactly what I needed. Because I recharged, they recharged, and when RevRad came out it was as though we collided back together as very different people who were somehow better matched for each other than ever before.

This album will always have such a special place in my heart. Eternal gratitude for this period of time.

10 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Is it within reason to be just a little disappointed that we didn't hear a single word from them yesterday, not even from the band account(s)?

Im not - I think the world is numb atm.

I remember waking up at probably 9:30 AM to hear Bang Bang on the radio with everyone else and being so fucking hype they were back. I remember Affe linking me the leak to Still Breathing and laying in my bed at like 9-11 PM about to cry of excitement because it was so fucking good. Someone sent me a leaked zip on instagram but I didn't listen to it until the day after it came out and holy shit it was amazing. I love all of it but I still need to listen to TT, TDTD, and FN more. 

I remember the first night I listened to the album. I pre-ordered it so at midnight, the songs were instantly downloaded to my phone. Instead of listening to it in my room, I decided to take a walk and listen to the entire album. I can still remember everything about that night, like how it was pretty chilly and pretty quiet as well. Now, every time I hear the beginning to Somewhere Now, I always think back to that chilly fall night, and it's amazing. I never had an album do that for me before

9 hours ago, SHART said:

Yes-  this is me most every day :(  

Since RevRed came out I haven´t listened to any other Green Day album. I still listen to Rev Red whenever I drive my car, back and forth and back again. It´s my favourite Green Day album. Can´t get enough of it. And I´m still breathing on my own...!

Archived