Fuck These People a new song?

Tina Sixx

4 minutes ago, deadair said:

They pretty much have stuck to the same setlist on the Rev Rad tour, not counting the club leg. The only differences being dropping songs along the way (some of the best imo including Christie Road, Scattered, and Troubled Times), phasing out "Ordinary World" for an old acoustic song like "21 Guns" or "Wake Me Up When September Ends" (another bad choice imo), and occasionally (very occasionally) doing an extra song like "Too Dumb To Die" or "Armatage Shanks"

But those are all changes. It’s not fair to say they don’t change the setlist except for this, that and the other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But those are all changes. It’s not fair to say they don’t change the setlist except for this, that and the other.

They really aren't significant changes. And none of them are from night to night, so it still pales in comparison to their previous tours.

4 minutes ago, deadair said:

They pretty much have stuck to the same setlist on the Rev Rad tour, not counting the club leg. The only differences being dropping songs along the way (some of the best imo including Christie Road, Scattered, and Troubled Times), phasing out "Ordinary World" for an old acoustic song like "21 Guns" or "Wake Me Up When September Ends" (another bad choice imo), and occasionally (very occasionally) doing an extra song like "Too Dumb To Die" or "Armatage Shanks"

Agreed, and all these, including the club leg (which must be included) equal to me to doing a great deal of stuff extra setlist. Not very differently from the two past tours, at least. But I don't want to discuss it much further, nor pretend I've studied their setlist variations so deep, I was mostly kidding @SHART and my post isn't written on the most serious note ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Agreed, and all these, including the club leg (which must be included) equal to me to doing a great deal of stuff extra setlist. Not very differently from the two past tours, at least. But I don't want to discuss it much further, nor pretend I've studied their setlist variations so deep, I was mostly kidding @SHART and my post isn't written on the most serious note ;)

I guess I'm just bitter because I couldn't get tickets for the club tour, they were all taken by scalpers. So to do more deep cuts on that leg of the tour than others is depriving the people imo or at least the true fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deadair said:

I guess I'm just bitter because I couldn't get tickets for the club tour, they were all taken by scalpers. So to do more deep cuts on that leg of the tour than others is depriving the people imo or at least the true fans.

I totally feel you, but you know I'm a true fan and I've spent the best days of my life going to 3 of their big arenas shows, with nothing special on the setlist, so... to me it doesn't really matter what they played or not. The way Billie played a few meters from me will remain in my head long after I forget about the setlist.

PS : I really love Christie Road and Too Dumb To Die... :wub:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

I totally feel you, but you know I'm a true fan and I've spent the best days of my life going to 3 of their big arenas shows, with nothing special on the setlist, so... to me it doesn't really matter what they played or not. The way Billie played a few meters from me will remain in my head long after I forget about the setlist.

PS : I really love Christie Road and Too Dumb To Die... :wub:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all three times I've seen them. I just look at bands like Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Pearl Jam and I really admire what they do with their setlists night to night. I wish more bands would do this. That being said Green Day are one of the best live bands imo, but because of the energy they put out, not always because of their setlist diversity. I enjoyed my last time seeing them (Rev Rad tour) because I had really good seats (first time I did for Green Day) in a smaller venue (not a club but a small arena of 7,000 something people).

• Like 2

Wow! Great time to be around. Didn't realized new stuff would be coming this soon. The title sounds a bit like like Uno/Dos albums, not criticizing them I feel they did had the caliber but the lyrics department lacked a bit, but whatever, the vibe is good. I wish they will have more riff oriented songs like At The Library, Castaway and many others rather than mostly power chords for upcoming record and I like how they are adding the new songs (from RevRad) in the setlists like Too Dumb To Die right after Nice Guys Finish Last just blows.

• 2 weeks later...

What if, (and this is a BIG what if) "Fuck These People" was "Back in the USA" and they were shooting a live performance for the music video? But they didn't want to give it away TOO soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Train27 said:

What if, (and this is a BIG what if) "Fuck These People" was "Back in the USA" and they were shooting a live performance for the music video? But they didn't want to give it away TOO soon.

That's possible. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Train27 said:

I guess only time will tell.

Yeah :P it seems plausible imo, but we won't find out until we hear it or see the video 

• Like 1

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Yeah :P it seems plausible imo, but we won't find out until we hear it or see the video 

it seems so far from now!! :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Train27 said:

I was wondering if "fuck these people" will be a line in the new song too. So I agree that it's definitely possible. Less than one month from now we will know for sure :)

Yeah, that seems rather likely if you consider this year’s events :/ 

I’d really want it to be their own song though. I strongly hope they don’t think it’s appropriate to announce a new song to your fans if it’s only a cover. But who knows...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I strongly hope they don’t think it’s appropriate to announce a new song to your fans if it’s only a cover

I would have strongly hoped they wouldn't have thought it appropriate to announce a "new song" to your fans if it's only a song that is already on your most recent album but re-released featuring vocals from Miranda Lambert but they did. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I would have strongly hoped they wouldn't have thought it appropriate to announce a "new song" to your fans if it's only a song that is already on your most recent album but re-released featuring vocals from Miranda Lambert but they did. 

Exactly haha

• Like 1

Ugh, can you imagine if neither of them turn out to be “new” songs? That’s why I’m with @Hermione and I’m managing my expectations now. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than wildly disappointed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

True... :dry:

• 2 years later...

Did anything ever come of this? Considering we never got this on the new album, I assume it wasn’t an actual new song? 

:P (bump) 

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Did anything ever come of this? Considering we never got this on the new album, I assume it wasn’t an actual new song? 

:P (bump) 

Unless the conspiracy theories have been right the entire time and all FOAM is Fuck These People, be it Warner or the fans :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...