Fuck These People a new song?

Tina Sixx

33 minutes ago, Give_Me_Novacaine90 said:

It's interesting, but where did they find this post? Is if from facebook, instagram or what? I don't like info without a source. 

And this line about "favorite fans" doesn't sound like Billie at all. 

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. It's from Reddit :D

1 minute ago, JellyTime said:

It's interesting, but where did they find this post? Is if from facebook, instagram or what? I don't like info without a source. 

And this line about "favorite fans" doesn't sound like Billie at all. 

It looks like its from Reddit.

• Thanks 1

The person who posted the setlist picture which started this entire thread posted exactly the same comment on his IG under the photo that this person on reddit claims Billie supposedly made about only playing new music to favourite fans. Come on guys, it's the same dude.

"Favourite fans" does sound dodgy, unless it's just paraphrased. Like I could see him making a jokey comment along those lines but that wording doesn't sound realistic. I want to believe it and the details about the lyrics are promising but it would be good to hear about it from more than one person.

• Thanks 2

Well *speculation mode on, so assuming this isn't bullsh*t just to have fun* 

Fast, energetic song sounds exactly like my kind of cup of tea haha

Seriously though, this seems dodgy. Still, a new song (especially an angry, fast tempo song, similar to Bang Bang) would be so awesome! Also, the lyrics this guy quoted (or pulled out of his *** possibly) already sound quite good too me! 

*speculation mode off*

I don't see why the possibility that it's the same guy who posted the set list who's also on reddit makes it much less legit? If they were indeed told to not tell anyone it might be a decoy in order not to get into trouble. And if we're nitpicking he didn't literally quote Billie as saying "favourite fans"", could definitely be paraphrasing something more in character imo.

Yeah, this still seems dodgy though. Sure they played trilogy songs at clubs, but not during the 21CB tour itself I think. The RevRad tour isn't over yet. So unless this is a stand alone song (which is possible and would be awesome) it wouldn't make sense for them to debut a new song. Man, things just don't add up. Still, I guess we'll see...

There are so many signs pointing towards them being inspired and writing at the moment though. Presuming this title and the lyrics play on current events (what with the TT video (which came out of nowhere and felt very spontaneously made) and Billie's speeches), even if they don't intend to release anything they're not going to get a better crowd for trying it out with "minimal" impact.

Billie is always writing. In an interview many years ago (98/98) he said he would be shopping and he'd have a little recorder with him and he'd be walking around the isles talking into the recorder, basically writing songs on the go. There's no doubt he's constantly writing but that doesn't remotely indicate that Green Day have a song called Fuck These People or that they played any new song live whatsoever. 

39 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah, this still seems dodgy though. Sure they played trilogy songs at clubs, but not during the 21CB tour itself I think. The RevRad tour isn't over yet. So unless this is a stand alone song (which is possible and would be awesome) it wouldn't make sense for them to debut a new song. Man, things just don't add up. Still, I guess we'll see...

To be fair they did play Fuck Time a few times on that tour, and Stay the Night was getting soundchecked

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Billie is always writing. In an interview many years ago (98/98) he said he would be shopping and he'd have a little recorder with him and he'd be walking around the isles talking into the recorder, basically writing songs on the go. There's no doubt he's constantly writing but that doesn't remotely indicate that Green Day have a song called Fuck These People or that they played any new song live whatsoever. 

I know he's always writing but IF this POTENTIAL song is as current events inspired as it sounds/Billie appears to be, it would make sense to want to play it/rehearse in front of an audience that isn't an arena right now. Add to that the rumour that they're eager to actually get back in the studio after Rev Rad. But hell we're all just guessing. It's fun  :sherlock:

Oh and not sure if this belongs in the KROQ thread or here but I could swear it was mentioned somewhere that they also played She and Basket Case? So that kinda rules out the 8 songs and that Fuck These People must be Having a Blast, doesn't it?

Edit: okay nvm, this is where I saw it and if this person's list is definitive then that's 8 songs but without NF etc. I'm so confused lmao :cry:https://www.instagram.com/p/BZRe5gEjB0F/?taken-by=daveyboywarsop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

35 minutes ago, gnash said:

To be fair they did play Fuck Time a few times on that tour, and Stay the Night was getting soundchecked

And he played Drama Queen on that tour too.

I agree what safer place to try out a new song than before 20 people at a private event? We already know they've been writing.

• Like 2

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Lol I don't give a fuck if this is legit or not, I'm here for the speculation. :toocool:

Then you've come to the right place :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Lol I don't give a fuck if this is legit or not, I'm here for the speculation. :toocool:

Thanks for the reminder to chill the fuck out lol, I need it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

Thanks for the reminder to chill the fuck out lol, I need it

You're welcome, I am well known for my chill when it comes to Green Day :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1