Contest to win VIP and Soundcheck in South America

DeJennsitized

Basically you make a donation to Global Citizen to win entries into the contest. It says flights and hotel included but can’t find whether it’s open worldwide or US only. 

tempted to enter but I have no money so a very little chance of winning haha! There's always gonna be someone willing to pay 1000$ which gives me zero chance with the 40 pounds I have in my account for the rest of the month! will consider donating once I get some money in though, seems like a good cause

48 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Basically you make a donation to Global Citizen to win entries into the contest. It says flights and hotel included but can’t find whether it’s open worldwide or US only. 

Not US only but "Winners must not be residents of Belgium, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Malta, North Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Syria, or Thailand."

2 minutes ago, Master Roshi said:

Not US only but "Winners must not be residents of Belgium, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Malta, North Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Syria, or Thailand."

Half of that list seems very random! Impressive that it is open to so many countries though. And great that the contest is for a good cause.

Also I know he's doing a good thing but Billie speaking in videos like this will always be amusing :P 

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Also I know he's doing a good thing but Billie speaking in videos like this will always be amusing :P 

I know, it's ironic for the one with the acting aspirations he sounds least comfortable reading lines out of all of them. 🙂

I’ve entered at the lowest level - it’s a good idea, it’s not like i spent it purely on the entries as it’s a donation to a good cause too *shrug* 

I do wonder who’s gonna donate $50,000 for 50,000 entries though :D 

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Haha, thanks for pointing that out, his eyes are all over the place! Usually Tré seems to be the most awkward one in interviews but he's definitely the most comfortable here :lol:

Pretty crazy that this is something I could technically enter but no way am I travelling to south america in november lol

4 hours ago, Master Roshi said:

This list cracks me up :lol:

I'm more interested in the flight/hotel costs being covered than the VIP. VIP sucks. :toocool:

4 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

It is really random. Poor italian fans gonna flip :ninja:

Getting rid of approx. 5 million Italians increases everybody else's chance to win :dry: Seriously, I am sorry for them. GD have a super strong fanbase there. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Getting rid of approx. 5 million Italians increases everybody else's chance to win :dry: Seriously, I am sorry for them. They have a super strong fanbase there. 

Exactly - Italy and South America seem to be the very areas with the most passionate fans. Sucks but I guess there's some kind of reasoning behind it.

(maybe they're doing a reverse contest on the next tour - win a trip to Italy :P )

Haha Billie sounds like I do when I'm reading something out loud and it's the first time I've read it at all. Mike on the other hand sounds like he's trying to win a contest for who can speak the fastest. Tre was born for this apparently, haha. 

Poor Italy. How'd they get mixed up in that list? Maybe there are countries in South America that aren't allowing people from those counties in?

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

Haha, thanks for pointing that out, his eyes are all over the place! Usually Tré seems to be the most awkward one in interviews but he's definitely the most comfortable here :lol:

Pretty crazy that this is something I could technically enter but no way am I travelling to south america in november lol

But if I win you have to go with me :rose:  Truth, I have no RL GD fan friends, if I win this thing I'm taking a GDC'er with me. Might have to run a second contest for the spot. :lol:

9 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

Poor Italy. How'd they get mixed up in that list? Maybe there are countries in South America that aren't allowing people from those counties in?

And Belgium and Malta??? What did they ever do to anyone? Maybe it's some random rules they have regarding international contests in those countries.

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

And Belgium and Malta??? What did they ever do to anyone? Maybe it's some random rules they have regarding international contests in those countries.

The sentence after the one that lists all the countries is: "In certain countries, local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of certain prizes or impose additional restrictions on participation." 

I don't understand why Italy, Belgium and Malta are in the «forbidden» list. All the other countries listed are having very big troubles with the US government. So I understand for those ones. But those three? It doesn't make sens. The only reason about why they are on the list would be that many terrorists traveled as refugees through Italy and Malta, and so many of them established themself in Belgium. Yet, it seems like a very absurd reason and I could be totally wrong.

6 hours ago, sara_gd said:

The sentence after the one that lists all the countries is: "In certain countries, local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of certain prizes or impose additional restrictions on participation." 

The sentence can also apply to countries who are elligibles for the contest. For example, I know in fact that the local laws in the Province of Quebec prohibit its population in the participation of most contests opened worldwide, while the rest of Canada can participate as much as the people want to.

Italy, Belgium and Malta are very random choices for restricted countries :ermm: Even Singapore and Thailand though I don't know what kind of laws they have that might be an issue.

I'll go for one of the small donations when I have money again. I'm sure there'll be someone out there who'll donate $5000 and we'll all be fucked though :lol: At least it's going to a very good cause either way.

13 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I don't understand why Italy, Belgium and Malta are in the «forbidden» list. All the other countries listed are having very big troubles with the US government. So I understand for those ones. But those three? It doesn't make sens. The only reason about why they are on the list would be that many terrorists traveled as refugees through Italy and Malta, and so many of them established themself in Belgium. Yet, it seems like a very absurd reason and I could be totally wrong.

The sentence can also apply to countries who are elligibles for the contest. For example, I know in fact that the local laws in the Province of Quebec prohibit its population in the participation of most contests opened worldwide, while the rest of Canada can participate as much as the people want to.

Could just be that laws on contests in those countries rule them out of it, some technical thing about international contests/prizes.

Archived