Green Day is already going straight into the studio?

Tina Sixx

On 2/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, LaughingClock said:

I'm with you. They should totally take a left turn with their next engineers and producer.

Of course the name that gets thrown around a lot because everything he touches is masterful is Rick Rubin.  Even crazier and nobody that knows him would understand why I would want to see this but for the same reason, is Alan Parsons.  I would LOVE to see what Parsons who is just one of the best producers alive would do with GD although I don't think they would mix philosophically but Rubin I've been a fan of since he was making records for Public Enemy and Run DMC in his NYU dorm room to when he did Cash's record. 

I would LOVE for them to do an album with Rubin at Sound City in Van Nuys, LA

I think he’d work welll with tre if he did mr hanky the chirstmas poo

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would everyone pleaseeeee stop quoting that list of albums! it's so long and annoying to scroll through!

4 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

would everyone pleaseeeee stop quoting that list of albums! it's so long and annoying to scroll through!

Yeah everyone, consider this a friendly reminder that you can delete text from quotes before posting. 

18 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Rick Rubin!  

I can imagine him talking with the guys, Jason included.  He says "Push the limits of what Green Day can be.  Push the boundaries past the breaking point, piss fans off.  But at the same time, keep it simple."   

Ha! That’s totally something he would say too.  I‘m gonna use a phrase for the first time on this post.

Good on ya!

8 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

I think he’d work welll with tre if he did mr hanky the chirstmas poo

Haha! He is good friends with Matt and Trey. He’s actually produced a ton of their songs over the years. Not sure why that one is listed. Possibly it was a film or something?

3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah everyone, consider this a friendly reminder that you can delete text from quotes before posting. 

Am I the only person that has never, literally not once in my life, been annoyed by a quote on any forum, anywhere.

Now I am not saying other people don’t actually do get annoyed, just that I find it hard to understand why so I will try to insert empathy where this is no real understanding.

I don’t think it was targeted at me anyway, right? We just shouldn’t quote long posts? I ask because my post had information copied about his discography. Anyone quoting it, should erase exceedingly long form posts, yes?

My info was new. I ask because I was quoted but I guess just to show how to delete text? 

Ok, I think I got this now. This was not meant to be condescending if it sounds that way. This place is fucking great at letting us get away with anything. Like thank you for not making this “family friendly” which ironically would make it not. I love that this forum is liberal and not PC and we can talk about whatever the fuck we want in any fucking way we want to. Small trade off. 

Thanks guys! I like this place and you people so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

3 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I don’t think it was targeted at me anyway, right? We just shouldn’t quote long posts? I ask because my post had information copied about his discography. Anyone quoting it, should erase exceedingly long form posts, yes?

It's not against the rules to not delete long posts in quotes (at least to my knowledge), it has just been a common practice around here because it does get a bit cumbersome to scroll through really long monologues, especially on mobile.

It does annoy me but I'm sure other people don't care. It's no big deal!

I wasn't targeting you or implying you or anyone else did anything wrong, just honestly reminding people that it's a possibility if they want to do it.

When I was pondering the possible discussion between Rubin and the guys, it got me thinking.  I really would love them to work together.  But I don't think bare-bones stripped down Green Day is what I want.  It would be nice for a few songs, but not an entire bare-bones album.  I like Green Day with violins and symphonies and trumpets, and bow guitars!    

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

My info was new. I ask because I was quoted but I guess just to show how to delete text? 

Ok, I think I got this now. This was not meant to be condescending if it sounds that way. This place is fucking great at letting us get away with anything. Like thank you for not making this “family friendly” which ironically would make it not. I love that this forum is liberal and not PC and we can talk about whatever the fuck we want in any fucking way we want to. Small trade off. 

Thanks guys! I like this place and you people so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I didn't think your post was annoying, I actually appreciated the post, but when others are quoting such a huge list multiple times it gets pretty annoying lol

15 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I didn't think your post was annoying, I actually appreciated the post, but when others are quoting such a huge list multiple times it gets pretty annoying lol

How do I delete bits of quotes  

Personally I wouldn’t want them to work with Rubin 

11 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

How do I delete bits of quotes  

After you've clicked to quote a post and you're writing your reply simply click in the quote box and you can press backspace on/highlight and delete anything you want from it, like so:

12 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

How do 

It's not something you need to do all the time but it's useful to delete images/videos, massively long lists or bits of text, or sometimes you might feel like deleting parts of a quote to just leave the part you're replying to. 

On 01/03/2018 at 10:52 PM, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

When I was pondering the possible discussion between Rubin and the guys, it got me thinking.  I really would love them to work together.  But I don't think bare-bones stripped down Green Day is what I want.  It would be nice for a few songs, but not an entire bare-bones album.  I like Green Day with violins and symphonies and trumpets, and bow guitars!    

The vast majority of Green Day songs are "bare-bones" as in guitar, bass, drums. I want experimentation, but when it adds something, not just for the sake of it

I'd love to hear Butch Vig get another shot at a Green Day album. I honestly loved 21CB so much. Still do! Never really got the hate some people have for it. Felt it had the right amount of experimentation on a Green Day record without going too overboard. Especially loved the larger role of the piano! Missed that on RevRad :(

8 hours ago, Gearheart said:

I'd love to hear Butch Vig get another shot at a Green Day album. I honestly loved 21CB so much. Still do! Never really got the hate some people have for it. Felt it had the right amount of experimentation on a Green Day record without going too overboard. Especially loved the larger role of the piano! Missed that on RevRad :(

Butch also appears to have the right balance of putting his stamp on an album whilst still maintaining the artist's creative control

On 3/4/2018 at 1:54 AM, JoeFrusciante said:

Butch also appears to have the right balance of putting his stamp on an album whilst still maintaining the artist's creative control

@JoeFrusciante Totally agree. And he told them they should record 'Restless Heart Syndrome' & 'Horseshoes & Handgrenades' which are definitely in the top 5 songs of the album for me. He knows what he's doing. 

On 04/03/2018 at 1:23 AM, Gearheart said:

I agree. 21CB is in my opinion the best album they have made. It's not my favourite but I think it is their best. Just from the lyrics to the arrangements! It's such a big sounding album. And a kick was tour followed for it!

29 minutes ago, Gearheart said:

@JoeFrusciante Totally agree. And he told them they should record 'Restless Heart Syndrome' & 'Horseshoes & Handgrenades' which are definitely in the top 5 songs of the album for me. He knows what he's doing. 

I think I recall reading that he actually pushed Billie to write the lyrics to RHS. He had been sitting on the melody for over a year and couldn’t seem to finish it.  Butch really wanted it for the record and encouraged him to dig deep and get the lyrics out. Beautiful song that made me cry the first time I heard it. 

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think I recall reading that he actually pushed Billie to write the lyrics to RHS. He had been sitting on the melody for over a year and couldn’t seem to finish it.  Butch really wanted it for the record and encouraged him to dig deep and get the lyrics out. Beautiful song that made me cry the first time I heard it. 

Yeah! I couldnt remember exactly how it went about, i just remember an interview where they asked him (Butch) how they went about picking songs, cuz of course Billie had over 40 or something like that, & he mentioned that he made them record 'H&H' and pushed Billie to finish 'Restless Heart Syndrome' which is probably my favorite off the album. 

11 minutes ago, GTP39Smooth said:

I agree. 21CB is in my opinion the best album they have made. It's not my favourite but I think it is their best. Just the from the lyrics to the arrangements! It's such a big sounding album. And a kick was tour followed for it!

I'd say that was their peak performance era! Saw them on that tour in Irvine. Loved the setlists they were pumping out those couple years

Archived