Teens React to Green Day

TaylorKlinke

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping they'd do a college kids react to green day instead of teens react but nevertheless it was a great thing to see everyone give positive reviews. 

Been wanting them to do this for a while, and thank goodness they did.
Not sure how I feel about Teens being the group that reacted to them- would have loved it if it was the kids or adults (with some of the college kids thrown in there). Would have also loved for Adam to be in the episode, since he's the punk rock one from the team.

I prefaced watching this with the notion that I'd be judgemental as fuck towards the video. I wasn't too wrong?
They started with Dookie (where be thy snippet from Kerplunk?) and then didn't play songs from 6 other albums, but they did do 3 songs from American Idiot. I understand that this is the fan in me talking (before that is put out there in a comment) and that they prefaced it with 'there's too many songs so here are a few of them' and that they were definitely in the list of most recognizable, but... I don't know.  I mean, not even a single from the RevRad era? Cutting it off with a single from '09? That's 7 years that are missing.

"teens from back then that are now in their 30s and 40s listen to them cause they're reminiscing their past" - ehh, that's not what it seems from the people that are in said ages or older in this forum

And as for whether teens consider them to be old or not - well, we know they're young at heart ;)

Aww, and they were nice at the end.

Okay, I enjoyed it. Still judging the lack of singing throughout the episode, but it went well nonetheless.

Now they have to do a green day reacts to teens react to green day like they did with linkin park aways back.

These teens react vids always make me feel about a thousand years old. Did one of those lil dudes say 2000's music is old music????

I think it is a bit silly to have people who already know these songs, like most of them seemed to know a good amount of the lyrics. I get it, Green Day is a big band and songs like 21 guns are still played a lot, but it just seems pointless for people to react to songs they have heard a hundred times already.

Next thing you know, they will be making a "Green Day Authority reacts to GREEN DAY."

5 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Next thing you know, they will be making a "Green Day Authority reacts to GREEN DAY."

I would gladly do this - let our excitement be shown to the world !

I think it would have been fun to see the little kids react since most if them wouldn't know the songs.

But I did enjoy the teens saying that they remembered them from their childhood.  

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

1 hour ago, Paola17 said:

I would gladly do this - let our excitement be shown to the world !

Actually, what we could do is collect a handful of rare clips (performances, interviews, appearances) and have a varying degree of GDCers (new, semi-recent, long-time) and have us react to that. Maybe it's something we haven't seen in a long time ("Ohh I remember this one!) or maybe newer members wouldn't have seen it yet. Idk we have a big number of us all connected by this place, but I think we probably have different ways of how we enjoy or react to this band and it would be cool to see that.

Not that that's actually a feasible idea, but it's cute in my head :lol:

Ok, I'll post what I said on the random news thread: 

I'm guessing they realized that the guys were on tour and finally did a video on them. I'm happy, because since the beginning of the tour I'd been writing to them, telling them to do a ''full x reacts to Green Day'' video (so that Green Day deserves their own video, since they've done so many others). I think I wrote to them about five times in total. Well, at least now I got what I wanted (probably by chance, although I like to think that those e-Mails maybe had a minor impact lol)...

I think the video is overall very positive promotion for the band, with the exception that it doesn't emphasize the fact that the band is still going and can STILL relate to younger audiences, both in their music and especially live shows. At least most of the teens were reluctant to call them old (cause they're not, if you don't think about the age in a purely technical way).

I think it would have also been nice to have kids (to who the music would most probably new, and so no: ''OMG I used to listen to them about 10 years ago reaction'' and college kids/early adults react to them (those that would know predominantly their older stuff, although there's a chance they wouldn't speak kindly about post Nimrod /Warning material). 

9 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

Actually, what we could do is collect a handful of rare clips (performances, interviews, appearances) and have a varying degree of GDCers (new, semi-recent, long-time) and have us react to that. Maybe it's something we haven't seen in a long time ("Ohh I remember this one!) or maybe newer members wouldn't have seen it yet. Idk we have a big number of us all connected by this place, but I think we probably have different ways of how we enjoy or react to this band and it would be cool to see that.

Not that that's actually a feasible idea, but it's cute in my head :lol:

Actually, I'm onboard with that idea (though I'm not at all a ''senior'' member)! And to be honest, I'm sure it could be done somehow!

Disappointed they didn't react to BB or SB. With other bands like Linkin Park or Paramore, they showed new songs by the bands

I've been waiting for this video for a while. I probably would've preferred an Adults react though

3 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Disappointed they didn't react to BB or SB. With other bands like Linkin Park or Paramore, they showed new songs by the bands

Yeah, that annoyed me too. There's too little emphasis on the fact that they're still going, and doing well! This YT comment sums it up a bit: "We're gonna show you a selection of songs from their older stuff to their newer stuff" Shows them 3 songs off the same album and misses out their latest 4 albums.... xD''.

Something else that bothered me. "They've been around since the 80's"... Uh yeah they released 1 EP in 1989. Hardly makes them an 80's band that made 80's music :lol:

Cool, that was fun! It's good to see that there are still some teenagers with a great taste in music out there :P

And yes, I feel very old now.

3 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Something else that bothered me. "They've been around since the 80's"... Uh yeah they released 1 EP in 1989. Hardly makes them an 80's band that made 80's music :lol:

Just made them (unnecessarily) look older than they actually are! I mean, they were all still under the age of 18 in the 80s XD! They mentioned the rock' n ' roll hall of fame, WITHOUT mentioning that they were the YOUNGEST band to get inducted. Arghh! Again, at least most of the teenagers were reluctant to call them old haha

damn, what a lame selection of songs. It would have been more interesting to see these people react to something like Brainstew/Jaded, up to something from Warning and Hitching a Ride and all those good tunes. Green Day are famous for having sublime live shows, but they only showed hits instead of some bumping live music. Sigh 

I watched this earlier today. They should have picked some different songs to show more diversity. 

1 hour ago, Sarcasm said:

damn, what a lame selection of songs. It would have been more interesting to see these people react to something like Brainstew/Jaded, up to something from Warning and Hitching a Ride and all those good tunes. Green Day are famous for having sublime live shows, but they only showed hits instead of some bumping live music. Sigh 

Nah i think showing them all the hits was the best thing to do

I love how critical we are of this little video :lol:

"How bout they watch a two hour documentary, take a field trip to gilmen, break one of their balls on a unicycle, and finish in the pit... then get back to me!"

16 hours ago, Zebahar said:

I think it is a bit silly to have people who already know these songs, like most of them seemed to know a good amount of the lyrics. I get it, Green Day is a big band and songs like 21 guns are still played a lot, but it just seems pointless for people to react to songs they have heard a hundred times already.

Yeah, I found it a little pointless too. Still, it's always cool to hear people showering GD with compliments :lol: 

4 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

I think the video is overall very positive promotion for the band, with the exception that it doesn't emphasize the fact that the band is still going and can STILL relate to younger audiences, both in their music and especially live shows. At least most of the teens were reluctant to call them old (cause they're not, if you don't think about the age in a purely technical way).

That was my main gripe - it's such good publicity since those videos get loads of views, but it felt almost like a wasted opportunity not showing Bang Bang for example. Even just as a "this is what they're doing now." I mean obviously the videos aren't actually by Green Day so they'd have no compulsion to do that, but the general "oh this is a band that I used to listen to" kind of irks me in general.

Archived